Autopsy 2023 Rd 22 Blues win a thriller. Finals closer.

Who played well for the Blues in Round 22 vs the Dees?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I said that I was done with this pathetic club after the Essendon loss

8 straight wins since.

Now I look like an idiot. The things you say out of frustration. Go the mighty Blues !!!

Every single supporter was thinking the same thing, our frustration was palpable. absolute credit to everyone in the club for sticking fat, having the hard conversations and actually doing something about it.
The players are now absolutely aware of what’s required whether we salute this year or not, gonna be a hell of a ride over the next few years

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

The melts on ALL the team boards is riveting. Suspect they are all getting a bit nervous about a possible Carlton juggernaut....
The thing is, the ladder is so tight that the result impacts 8 other teams besides Us and Melbourne.

Pies don't want Dees finishing 4th as they'd rather play Port or Brisbane week 1, so they sook.

Then you have the 7 teams below us who mathematically could still overtake us. Only one (Adelaide) has been mathematically ruled out of catching us, but it makes it so much tougher for the other 6 as well.

It's much more enjoyable to watch 9 teams' fans upset by us winning, than the usual 1. I suspect the only ones on our side are the Brisbane and Port fans.

There are valid reasons for why you should let Dow find a new home - both for the club and the player. There are increasingly more reasons for why you should keep Dow in navy blue.

The kind of game from him that would even make Voss smile.

Tillies into Baggers. What a night.

For Dow yes, but not the club…he needs to be kept because he’s hungry, clearly incredibly resilient, offers our midfield something different and can football.

I’ll be flipping livid if we let him go.

The problem is they are both number one rucks who have had the ability to play there predominantly throughout their entire career. Neither of them really has the versatility to play elsewhere. It'll be like having two Pittos instead of having a TDK. You can really only play one of them. They can both be handy goal kickers but they don't have the versatility to play there regularly and when they do drift forward that's when that's a strength to have them there.
Gawn is better forward than what you think

For Dow yes, but not the club…he needs to be kept because he’s hungry, clearly incredibly resilient, offers our midfield something different and can football.

I’ll be *ing livid if we let him go.

You can see he loves club. Supporters have taken to him because of his resilience. Must keep.

I’ll be *ing livid if we let him go.

Problem is, it might be out of our hands if he's offered a starting role

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That mark that he took reminded me of how Kouta played as a key defender when the club called on him to play down there. The 1%ers and the big leaping grabs

. we've got a ripper
I’ll say it again - his first game in 23 was v WC when we won by a million over there.

First kick of the game was into WC forward line and here’s this guy floating across the front of a large pack and takes the cleanest mark with such nonchalance and class. Brodie Kemp was that guy.

I thought wow thank god we stuck fat with this guy 👍🏼

If cunners is reported, then so should Melksham at 10:35

Edit: in the fourth qtr
Cuners didn’t pin both arms which means the Melb player could’ve used his free arm to break his fall, but chose to hang onto the ball instead.

Not dissimilar to Cerra/Hickey situation where the tribunal determined that:

“They are not truly pinned and a reasonable player in Cerra’s circumstances would know that Hickey could use one or both of the arms to break his fall,” tribunal chair Jeff Gleeson said. “As a result, we find this was not a dangerous tackle.”

Dow has been good the past 2 weeks but he will still go. He should still go.

Happy to offer him a contract on reduced $ but he is not a part of our best side and he won’t be next year.

At this stage of his career he has every right to chase greater playing opportunities and we cannot offer that.

Full credit to him though. I’ve always been a fan and it’s now for his attitude just as much if not more so than his on field performances. Things haven’t been easy for him and he likely knows already that he’s gone but he hasn’t dropped his head once.

That’s not easy to do. Most people do the opposite. So regardless of what happens he has my utmost respect and I wish him all the best.

Stoked with the win.

One negative but what are peoples thoughts on essentially giving up a 3 goal lead again.

What can we improve ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stoked with the win.

One negative but what are peoples thoughts on essentially giving up a 3 goal lead again.

What can we improve ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Difficult to answer with this game, as we were getting pretty gassed, lacking some more polished distributors, and Melbourne were to their credit very good and pulling ones out of their backside.

Difficult to answer with this game, as we were getting pretty gassed, lacking some more polished distributors, and Melbourne were to their credit very good and pulling ones out of their backside.

Each quarter was a similar pattern - we started strong (really should have been a few goals up from the first) before Melbourne came back. Matchups? Tiredness? Midfield combination not the same? Not sure.

But a great game of 2 v 5 and we won, so it's about who's in front at the end@!

Not saying he wasn't. He was effective and I've enjoyed him in the team.

Need to fit a few very good players in.

None of them are bringing what Fog currently is.

Changing up our HFF with Fogarty, Martin and Cuningham has transformed our season. We can’t move away from that.

If good players have to miss out then so be it. That means we’re in a good position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 22 Blues win a thriller. Finals closer.

Back