Autopsy 2023 Rd 22 Blues win a thriller. Finals closer.

Who played well for the Blues in Round 22 vs the Dees?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I know the answer might be anyone anytime anywhere but what side would we least like to play in the first week of finals.

Cats for me (if they make it)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Not so much who to avoid but I would really love to meet Essendon Week 1 of finals. Extend their tally past 7000 days with a thumping !

Crazy to think that after Charlie goalled with 15:42 left in the game, our score was 9-6-60 (to 6-6-42). Joel Smith kicked a goal with 11:23 left to bring Melbourne’s score to 8-6-54. We didn’t score for the last 15:42 minutes left and was only leading by one goal with 11 and a half minutes remaining. We weathered every storm perfectly.

Also, if that was paid deliberate then doesn’t the free kick have to be taken behind the boundary line? Or maybe holding the ball? Both seemed to be called.

Reality is our midfield was hanging on by its fingernails after Doc went off. It was down to Cripps and Hewett vs all the Dees.

It was and will be a totally different scenario with all our guns in.

Not so much who to avoid but I would really love to meet Essendon Week 1 of finals. Extend their tally past 7000 days with a thumping !
Ha ha ha yeah, that reminds me of when we thumped them in that 2011 elimination final.:grinv1: Hopefully we'll avoid a trip interstate.

I know the answer might be anyone anytime anywhere but what side would we least like to play in the first week of finals.

Cats for me (if they make it)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I would hate to play……Carlton. They have added ‘ferocity, system, pressure, method’ to their talent.

They look ****ing unbeatable with their best side in.

Gutted I couldn’t celebrate both this win and the saints with all of you. Went to the saints board after the win to complete the formalities and Michael Christian over there gave me a week for 2/5ths of * all. Soft like their team.

Anyway, finals? Finals!
Unlucky, Saints board is one of the better ones imo. It's usually not a good idea to venture over to other club boards when they've been beaten.

I don't want us to run the risk albeit unlikely of being the team that ends *'s historic finals drought

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Paddy is not a free agent. Any team that wants him would have to trade for him.

A month ago the going rate would be about a 4th rounder. Now youd probably need a good 2nd rounder.

Would love for him to stay, some big decisions for him and the club to come at seasons end.
Hope he stays also - he needs mid minutes though - Walsh & Cerra back - maybe Dow off the bench.

Not my ideal opponent, the amount of shit I’ve given my Essendon mates it would be a nightmare if we lost…worse than putting up with a Pagan coached flogging with Fev playing full back…

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Personally I hope he stays without a doubt. I hope Voss can start to see his worth now. If that means permanent sub then so be it with a fully fit list.
The bolded was never the case. It was never a case of Voss not seeing his worth. There were areas of his game that he was needing to work on. Dow himself has confirmed this in recent interviews. To his credit, he stuck at the task and when the chance came for him he was ready to take it. The message was clear all along. It's a great positive story of what you can do when you keep working to improve yourself, let's not keep adding these fictional elements to it.

“I remember sitting in my dorm in Seattle and I’d heard from a couple of people that Carlton were interested and I actually sent an email to carlton with my name and stuff and asked to send it on to Stephen Silvagni just to see what would happen.”

Name: Matt Owies
Stuff: I’ll help get you number 17.

E1FBCB7A-B141-4DB9-BB1B-9D685A253A54.png

Now that Round 24 is looking like an absolute dead rubber with us winning and GWS getting pumped, how about those smart arses at AFL swap our final game into a half decent time slot.

So glad the boys ****ed up their grand plans this early!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Bit late to the party but Go Blues what a win, great game we would have been very stiff not too get the win with the late Petrecca shot at goal, phew Go Marchy..

Great night at the game we put on another good display playing our brand/style of footy, the crowd and atmosphere was buzzing all night, everyone was going nuts when the siren sounded then everyone all up singing the song..

The walk home out of the ground and through the Fitzroy garden with a couple of mates with everyone buzzing was as good as i can remember since our last finals appearance…

We thought we go back to me mates place and continue the celebration festivities by watching the replay and sinking down some beers, 6am we hit it on the head heading home, had a bit going on running around all day, first time I’ve been able to jump on, got a fair bit to catch up on…

All the best to everyone on here, I’d imagine everyone was absolutely stoked last night in getting the win and putting ourselves within a whisker of a guaranteed return to finals footy…

And the Matildas getting the job done too..
You little bewty 👍

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 22 Blues win a thriller. Finals closer.

Back