Autopsy 2023 Rd 22 Blues win a thriller. Finals closer.

Who played well for the Blues in Round 22 vs the Dees?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I texted him earlier, but haven't had a response, which isn't usual at all.
Yep. No posts since Tuesday. Been a bit worried. Was hoping some of you could get in touch. Maybe somewhere o/s with bad reception?

AFL ā€œnine things we learnedā€ā€¦ no praise, only weā€™ve left our run too late.

No positive media for us!
please...... it's everywhere...

AFL ā€œnine things we learnedā€ā€¦ no praise, only weā€™ve left our run too late.

Did you even read it? If so a glass half empty take on the article.

Stated that the only reason we aren't flag favourites is because we won't finish top 4, and that it would be hard to win it all from 5th.

The media is now talking about our chances of winning the flag. Not making finals. Not winning a final. BUT WINNING THE WHOLE ****ING THING.

That seems pretty damn positive to me.

ā€œThere is a difference in knowing the path and walking the pathā€

ā€œWhat is real? How do you define real?ā€

ā€œNo Neo, What Iā€™m telling you is when you are ready, You wonā€™t have toā€

ā€œHave you ever had a dream Neo, A dream that you thought was so realā€

ā€œHe is beginning to believeā€

Yes, they are all quotes from the Matrix, but at this very moment with where we have come from and the manner in the way we now play, you can apply them to the entire team/playing list, also the coaches & the entire club for that matterā€¦

As well as all us supportersā€¦

Last edited:
Did you even read it? If so a glass half empty take on the article.

Stated that the only reason we aren't flag favourites is because we won't finish top 4, and that it would be hard to win it all from 5th.

The media is now talking about our chances of winning the flag. Not making finals. Not winning a final. BUT WINNING THE WHOLE ******* THING.

That seems pretty damn positive to me.
Yeah I did and it was neutral at best. Itā€™s literally in the first line ā€œitā€™s hard to fault a team winning eight in a row, butā€¦ā€

I thought it kind of missed that mark given the vibe of the win, IMO.

It states that because we didnā€™t kick straight that weā€™ve missed top 4 and that weā€™re inexperienced in finals and that might not bode well for us. If thatā€™s what the AFL writers ā€˜learnedā€™ this week, then itā€™s silly.

They couldā€™ve talked about how weā€™ve won in different ways against the top 4, relentless pressure stats and clearances, how the Suns have to play to beat us, how last night was played like a final and that we are the team to beat now.

It doesnā€™t matter though. For whatā€™s itā€™s worth, I believe we can win it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"And those talkback callers, post-match abusers and media grandstanders that said their piece about Carlton when things were tough should be embarrassed. Their desire to pressure the club into knee-jerk decisions revealed a losers mentality that the Blues might be starting to shake".

"And those talkback callers, post-match abusers and media grandstanders that said their piece about Carlton when things were tough should be embarrassed. Their desire to pressure the club into knee-jerk decisions revealed a losers mentality that the Blues might be starting to shake".
Hahaha great minds I just posted the same article in the Media thread

Watched the replay and purely looking analytically, there's certainly a few things we would want to tidy up if we find ourselves less than a goal up with a few minutes to play in a final.

Some pretty big errors in the last 2 minutes:
  • Newman panic kicks off his right up the corridor straight to Salem who has an open shot from 50m
  • Fisher penalised for insufficient intent
  • Acres skying a kick into the corridor
  • Curnow let's his man side step him and run through the corridor to set up the Pettacca shot at goal
  • Curnow holding the footy which happens, but if he didn't get pinged Acres would have for deliberate cause he tapped the ball straight out
  • Acres clearing kick pinged for insufficient intent, although this might actually be part of the game plan to keep the ball boundary side and flood the D50

I'd actually prefer we left 1 or 2 more players forward, so they can contest the clearing kick instead of Melbourne having open players to kick it back inside 50 under no pressure.

The salt mine in the Autopsy thread on the MB is hilarious :laughv1:

This is awesome stuballs šŸ‘šŸ‘šŸ‘

ezgif-2-28e7d46c9f-gif.1772439
The children surrounding that crazy thing look a bit disturbed.

I know the answer might be anyone anytime anywhere but what side would we least like to play in the first week of finals.

Cats for me (if they make it)

Week 1 thereā€™s not a team I wouldnā€™t back us to beat at the G.

Let them worry about us. And so they should.

I said that over 12 months ago, not just the numberā€¦
I don't disagree, but to convince me he is a Tiger Croswell clone, he would have to go forward and kick 3 in a quarter....or go into the guts and play the, what used to be, ruck rover role. (essentially the inside mid)

Brent was a helluva player

I don't disagree, but to convince me he is a Tiger Croswell clone, he would have to go forward and kick 3 in a quarter....or go into the guts and play the, what used to be, ruck rover role. (essentially the inside mid)

Brent was a helluva player
You are telling me nothing!

We are talking skill set at the moment. Kempy may or may not get the opportunity. If you do remember Brent, you will recall he played full back, full forward and pretty much every position there was/is between, across his journey.

Back when I first started following the Blues in the sixties, his Tasmanian heritage placed him a short half head in front of Jezza as my greatest idol. His defection to Norf remains high on my list of lifeā€™s disappointments to this day.

You are telling me nothing!

We are talking skill set at the moment. Kempy may or may not get the opportunity. If you do remember Brent, you will recall he played full back, full forward and pretty much every position there was/is between, across his journey.

Back when I first started following the Blues in the sixties, his Tasmanian heritage placed him a short half head in front of Jezza as my greatest idol. His defection to Norf remains high on my list of lifeā€™s disappointments to this day.
We seem to be of simmilar vintage. I recall Tiger as probably a dual Norm smith Medalist before there was a Normy.
the man could play.

Seemed to take an awfully long time to finish Uni degrees, IIRC, but he could write. Insightful articles and papers.

Read it. It is a valid point in that history is against a team winning from outside the top 4 and the fact it is first finals appearance where we might have needed the double chance to settle in to the finals. It further said if we were top 4 we would be the team to beat.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy 2023 Rd 22 Blues win a thriller. Finals closer.

Back