List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:

He effectively needs to put back on 10 kg's of muscle and get back to his very high level of cardio base. Waterman will/would be coming from a long way back.
Not really.

He has 6 months until round one. Anyone who did an ACL or Achilles at the same time he got sick will be tracking a similar way with strength bulk and fitness.

His advantage will be he can run the whole time. Cardio won't be an issue come round one. Speed and repeat effort might lack a tad but 4 weeks in WAFL matches will quickly get that up.

At their level the first 5kg is easy (12 weeks come xmas) and the next 5kg can be worked on in the new year. Might be 3kg under come round one.

This is of course predicated on one factor....we have a decent high performance department.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Nothing wrong with this idea, however pick 19 and 35 for 10 is a very marginal increase in points for the suns. They’ll get far better offers

View attachment 1797967

Even adding pick 54 doesn’t change the equation much

View attachment 1797974

If Melbourne go out next week and then offload their pick 14 to the Suns as part of a trade for pick 4, then that might be more gettable. Gives us a look at Caleb Windsor or perhaps Ollie Murphy

View attachment 1797975

Pick 19 is worth more points than its own points value.

It is a pick clubs pay overs for to get.

Havent seen him listed under 40.

And plenry of other kids are playing well and getting noticed.

Remember he's a smaller, slightly built forward. Not a mid. Not a ruck and not a KP player either.

A flanker.
East coast based power rankings are irrelevant. Multiple clubs will have him top 40 and comfortably so. Simply because his attributes make him unique and he's effective as a small forward.

The best case scenario is those clubs have traded out of the second round altogether.

Last edited:
And I could see the Suns being veey interested in pick 19 as well.

The Suns would take that pick to the draft with the plan to split it for multiple later picks for points. And due to being the 1st pick on the 2nd night teams will pay for that.

That pick is worth a little bit more just because of when it gets used.

Pick 10 is a nice pick. Wilson and some solid mids around there.

Or we go early on a tall after picking Reid ar 1.
Wouldn't pick 19 if Gold Coast hold it, get chewed up early on night 1?

With Maric looking good as a third tall I'd say Waterman would be a handy signing on a small to moderate contract, not essential to the team on a very nice deal.
Agree. But also if we are rebuilding then we need a fresh outlook. We shouldn’t just be saying because Player X has played lots of games with us that they’re an automatic selection. We need to be assessing if there is another younger player who has more upside.

Hewett, Long, Hough, Bazzo, Maric, Culley, Chesser, Jones, Ginbey, JWilliams and LEdwards possibly complemented by Burgiel, Barnett and Jamieson mean we have little need for established but still mediocre players except as depth.

Nothing wrong with this idea, however pick 19 and 35 for 10 is a very marginal increase in points for the suns. They’ll get far better offers

View attachment 1797967

Even adding pick 54 doesn’t change the equation much

View attachment 1797974

If Melbourne go out next week and then offload their pick 14 to the Suns as part of a trade for pick 4, then that might be more gettable. Gives us a look at Caleb Windsor or perhaps Ollie Murphy

View attachment 1797975

Don't forget that not bidding on Walter at pick 1 is essentially an extra pick 37 that we can offer in points value to Gold Coast when it comes to considerations for their pick splits.

E.g. 19 + 38 + (483 for no bids [same as pick 37]) = 1896 points

I'm convinced that if we want pick 10, no other club will be able to offer better than we can to the Suns.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted this on the pick 1 thread (sorry for the double up) but seems more appropriate for this thread. F1s have been assumed to be same ladder positions as this year for points. How does this look given Crows will want to go as high as they can next year to get Sid Draper:

OUT
Crows 9, 20, 23, F1 (9) (4665 points)
GCS 4, 32 (2618 points)
WCE F1 (1), 35, 38, 54, 57 (4389 points)

IN
WCE Pick 4, 9 (3503 points)
Crows 32, 35, 38 WCE F1 (1) (4571 points)
GCS 20, 23, 54, 57 Crows F1 (9) (3598 points)

Leaves GCS with +980 and Crows get their man

Leaves us with picks 1,4,9,19
1-Reid
4-McKercher/Curtain
9-O’Sullivan/Murphy/Wilson/Sanders
19-Hardeman/DeMattia

What a time to be alive. I’m fist pumping reading that the Dogs are favourite for GC pick 4 which means Dees miss out which means less chance of a godfather offer which means we pick Reid
I think the Dees got a massive reality check that they need those picks to rebuild their forward line rather than drafting another goal kicking utility.

I posted this on the pick 1 thread (sorry for the double up) but seems more appropriate for this thread. F1s have been assumed to be same ladder positions as this year for points. How does this look given Crows will want to go as high as they can next year to get Sid Draper:

OUT
GCS 4, 32 (2618 points)

IN

1-Reid
4-McKercher/Curtain
19-Hardeman/DeMattia
Do you do tax?

OUT
GCS 4, 32 (2618 points)

IN

1-Reid
4-McKercher/Curtain
19-Hardeman/DeMattia

Think we could keep one of our picks in the 30’s and one in the 50’s for trades (Robertson and Brockman) and that still works

Doesn’t look so good either if North get pick 3 for McKay as 4 becomes 5 and no McKercher or Curtain

Here is a simplified and streamlined version:

WCE in: 5, 10
WCE out: WCE F1, 36, 39

ADE in: WCE F1
ADE out: 10, 24, ADE F1

GC in: ADE F1, 24, 36, 39
GC out: 5

Adelaide gets above a bid on Welsh next year and Gold Coast gets a promise that West Coast won't bid on any of their academy boys.

A few posters have been putting two and two together after following the last 9-12 months of Phil's posts regarding a local, highly touted prospect with some off field issues that could see him go undrafted.

My understanding is on talent alone Edwards would be selected but there's other stuff at play and it will come down to which clubs know and who wants to take a risk, perceived or otherwise. I have no idea what the issues are, and I don't think Phil is keen to divulge.

Darling MK2.0 - I wonder where the reward overtakes the risk with Edwards, late R2?

Think we could keep one of our picks in the 30’s and one in the 50’s for trades (Robertson and Brockman) and that still works

Doesn’t look so good either if North get pick 3 for McKay as 4 becomes 5 and no McKercher or Curtain
Would be totally dependent on North and Hawks leaving one of McKercher/Curtin which we would know in advance. If I was North with their stacked young midfield I’d be taking Curtin and Watson and then Hawks take Duursma.

1-Reid
4-McKercher/Curtain
19-Hardeman/DeMattia
FFS guys and gals.
His name is Curtin, not Curtain. He's a footballer, not a piece of effing drapery. Please just get this basic thing right.
And eaglevision, it's not just you, you just tipped me over the edge of annoyance.

FFS guys and gals.
His name is Curtin, not Curtain. He's a footballer, not a piece of effing drapery. Please just get this basic thing right.
And eaglevision, it's not just you, you just tipped me over the edge of annoyance.
Autocorrect bud. Pretty sure everyone posting on here knows his name (at least I hope they do). Settle.

FFS guys and gals.
How will you feel if we Draft Draper next year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back