List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ehh.., if Marshall so much as catches a cold we will most definitely need a ruck.

Unless of course you’re imagining Tom Campbell is a better alternative then Goldstein.

Goldstein in his prime would beat Campbell hands down. Goldy is genuinely ancient now. I think TC is a solid one position ruck but not many of those excel unless they have great mids around them. Next year there might not be a heap of difference.

The point was that they played multiple rucks more often then not. Which is very evident by the amount of rucks who got games each season.
For sure they did but they had too - for instance 2019 Sandilands played 5 games and with limited time on ground - they picked up Lobb to help out but the plan was for him to mainly play as a forward and help as a chop out , Lucky there 2yr draft pick in Darcy was up to the task to carry the load // otherwise they had nothing.

I fully expect us to pick up a ruckman to replace Campbell , but someone who may not even get through a preseason.

I was hoping Heath would get a chance next year because he looks capable and can kick goals as he has shown in the 2s

It was literally played that way 12 months ago by us.

Collingwood literally play Cox and Cameron
Melbourne tried it but had the wrong mix

The dogs do it too
Goldstein doesn't do much forward, thats my point. Marshall is an elite ruck and for 2 years when Ryder was in the team was a below average forward. You've mentioned teams where the second ruck is a forward. Goldstein isn't a forward and Marshall plays best when he is at least 80% ruck. Are player thats a solid forward and is big enough to play ruck would be the type you'd look for.

The dogs do it too

Cox is more Rory Lobb than Goldstein though. Lobb and Cox are forwards who chop out.

Oh 😔

Worth adding though.

That last year the point to trading Clark was to get us high enough to grab a legitimate midfielder of high quality.

In a hypothetical GC trade. We would have to give them enough currency + Howard to get pick 4 and allow them to draft their academy kids.

But it would give us access to Mckercher or potentially Duursma and still allow us to keep our pick which based on previous posters is where the key defenders would fall
Would certainly be worth doing for us no matter how much we had to throw in. I’m not certain on Murphy, lacks physicality for mine. If you could also move 12 up a little bit to grab O’Sullivan, then bang.

There’s still some nice potential late first and into the 20s potentially. Windsor, Tholstrup, De Mattia and Cooper Simpson keep slipping under the radar. Then there’s Charlie Edwards, who seems to have come from nowhere, and looks a terrific prospect. Not all are out and out mids, but I wouldn’t be unhappy if all we could muster were two or three picks in that range.

Apologies; Twomey has him listed as 189cm-93kg, yeah thought he looked bigger, still not a Cripps though.

Probably plays like Cripps though, he's big body extractor. His disposal looks better than Cripps though. He's either going to be an absolute star or a Constable type of too slow for footy type. If you could get him for a later pick he'd be worth a dice roll IMO.

Just keep Campbell another year until Heath is ready to go.
Campbell = Depth, Heath = Depth for the depth.
At some point Heath will be wanting games and Marshall will be blocking him ( unless he can be a ruck/forward ).
Putting another ruck in-between them will only make it worse.
Next year we'll have a better idea about Keeler to.

Probably plays like Cripps though, he's big body extractor. His disposal looks better than Cripps though. He's either going to be an absolute star or a Constable type of too slow for footy type. If you could get him for a later pick he'd be worth a dice roll IMO.

I've seen comments that some teams will overlook him because of his lack of pace.
He might be around for our second.

I would happily play a second ruck if that second ruck was just like Ryder.

Not a lumbering, thick set, giant but rather a freakish, athletic, gravity defying individual.

You can't just pick them up, certainly not in the league's bargain bin.

I live in hope that Keeler comes on then maybe he can come close to being that sort of player.

In the meantime I'm happy to just back in Marshall with Campbell (or Campbell replacement) and the developing Heath.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would certainly be worth doing for us no matter how much we had to throw in. I’m not certain on Murphy, lacks physicality for mine. If you could also move 12 up a little bit to grab O’Sullivan, then bang.

There’s still some nice potential late first and into the 20s potentially. Windsor, Tholstrup, De Mattia and Cooper Simpson keep slipping under the radar. Then there’s Charlie Edwards, who seems to have come from nowhere, and looks a terrific prospect. Not all are out and out mids, but I wouldn’t be unhappy if all we could muster were two or three picks in that range.
If we bring in Dow then there's some immediate much needed help in the midfield...

With all the smoke about Howard, JB & co, it does seem like we're trying to bring in multiple 2nd & 3rd round picks.

This means we either rate this draft's depth more than anyone else, or we're racking up picks to pass on to a certain club who needs those picks to cover multiple academy bids.

If that doesn't pan out then we let Toce go to work in November & go hard in the Finn Callaghan stakes in 12 months time.

The dogs do it too
I’m with you on the ruck combo.
People get touchy because they love Marshall, I do too he is a great player.

But as good as he is I have seen us get smashed at clearance this year when he ison the bench.

RTB loves first possession, loves a good tap ruckman.

Finding a good coveted forward/ruck is hard and when we already have a ruck that can play forward….
Much easier to find a tap ruck to complete the combo.

Melbourne ducked up because neither is as good a forward as Marshall.

Need to use our first 2 picks on pure mids . How early that second pick is the better. Twomey has two at pick 13 , 14 . If we can somehow get those 2 bring it on . Should be able to upgrade that second pick somehow

What do you call a pure mid, someone who can win contests and clearances, or an outside mid?

I’m with you on the ruck combo.
People get touchy because they love Marshall, I do too he is a great player.

But as good as he is I have seen us get smashed at clearance this year when he ison the bench.

RTB loves first possession, loves a good tap ruckman.

Finding a good coveted forward/ruck is hard and when we already have a ruck that can play forward….
Much easier to find a tap ruck to complete the combo.

Melbourne ducked up because neither is as good a forward as Marshall.
Totally agree - anything to stop us using Chito in the ruck please!

i dont think he's improved his worth since we traded for him. best you'd hope for is swapping picks. so we go up a couple, but cant see sydney being that desperate. sounds like grundy is a done deal which makes getting their 2nd rounders hard, unless theyre splitting their pick.
Yeah, with us.

Daniel Hoyne from Champion data on SEN cautioned St Kilda should not give up their first round pick for Henry pr anything before 20. He said closer to 30 is his worth. Ranked as the 30th best wingman this season.

That's about what I see as fair. Hill cost Fremantle pick 23 off playing well in flags and still young. They gave away Acres for a future 3rd round pick. The only reason they are talking up a first round pick is because they saw us coming last time and we gave them everything they wanted and more. They see us as desperate idiots.

That's about what I see as fair. Hill cost Fremantle pick 23 off playing well in flags and still young. They gave away Acres for a future 3rd round pick. The only reason they are talking up a first round pick is because they saw us coming last time and we gave them everything they wanted and more. They see us as desperate idiots.
Dealing with SOS this time round though :handfist:

No, if they can't understand last time was because we had 5 nominated players to get done and Hill was still contracted, they are the idiots.
They had the whip hand. I suggest they FAFO this time and see how it works out for them.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back