List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Suns @ 12 or Giants @ 14 are the ones we are looking at.
I’d trade our future first for one of those. Yes it’s a risk - but this top 20 is apparently that strong
To have 4/5/6 draftees coming through together next year, along with what we already have - nail a free agent end of next year. It really sets us up.

Ivan Soldo’s trade request to Victoria

“I’m not sure it’ll be straightforward. Ivan understands that the deal has to be right for the club if he was to go out. He’s certainly suggested to us that he would like to get back to Victoria. But whether that can happen or not and what the deal is worth ... I don’t want to over commit to something right now that when there’s just so much of a trade period to play out. And ultimately, even though the Soldo deal may be us and just one other club, they’re also linked that it would be premature for me to talk about what we’re looking for there.”

Posturing.

Embarrassing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

St Kilda is unwilling to part with its No. 43 draft pick for Jackson Macrae, hopeful of securing the triple All Australian with a backend pick.

St Kilda is prepared to absorb the huge salary he is owed in the next three years - which is above $800,000 in the next two seasons.

Macrae and his management are prepared to drive a hard bargain on a trade as he moves to St Kilda, which is desperate to keep picks seven, 24 and 43 plus a Josh Battle compensation pick.

They will offer a third or fourth-round pick for Macrae, the player of the 2021 finals series.

They will likely offer a mid-draft future pick for Ivan Soldo, and could end up trading their future second pick with the Power’s future third pick.
The Power paid the world for Soldo when he left Richmond.

But the trade value of mid-tier rucks is usually about pick 40-50 and he is due around $500,000 for each of the next two seasons, so they would let him go given Dante Visentini is a solid back-up.

What does it mean when it says “Macrae and his management are prepared to drive a hard bargain on a trade….”?

St Kilda is unwilling to part with its No. 43 draft pick for Jackson Macrae, hopeful of securing the triple All Australian with a back-end pick.
St Kilda is prepared to absorb the huge salary he is owed in the next three years – which is above $800,000 in the next two seasons.

Macrae and his management are prepared to drive a hard bargain on a trade as he moves to St Kilda, which is desperate to keep picks seven, 24 and 43 plus a Josh Battle compensation pick.

They will offer a third or fourth-round pick for Macrae, the player of the 2021 finals series.

They will likely offer a mid-draft future pick for Ivan Soldo, and could end up trading their future second pick with the Power’s future third pick.

The Power paid the world for Soldo when he left Richmond.

But the trade value of mid-tier rucks is usually about pick 40-50 and he is due around $500,000 for each of the next two seasons, so they would let him go given Dante Visentini is a solid back-up.

The Power will secure Gold Coast’s Jack Lukosius on a deal rival contender Adelaide believes is seven years at $1 million a season.

Many thanks to BrutThough for bringing us this development in a timely manner.

Suns @ 12 or Giants @ 14 are the ones we are looking at.
Unfortunately if we cough up a later future pick we can’t use our future first. Do we have some kind of trade capital - pushing someone out? Is there any chance Membrey can still get us the lowest FA compo - is it end 2nd or end 3rd?

i dont get the Macrae bit...why would he drive a hard bargain after saying he wants a trade to the saints???

It is ambiguous.

Does it mean he won’t leave the Bulldogs without them receiving decent compensation?

Does it mean he won’t sacrifice his salary in any trade?

Does it mean he won’t help the Bulldogs and won’t relent in not wanting to go back?

I’m not sure. Poorly written.

[emoji[emoji6][emoji6]]" data-quote="Coconut_twirl" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
If not, walk away. It’s not compulsory to get these players if the cost is too high, even though they would be handy additions that both fill a need. Need to hit this draft.

Correct.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread - No.2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back