Not open for further replies.
Saints trade watch

Noth much movement today

----------------------------------------

Phillipou for a 12-14 pick

Steele for an 18 y.o potential

Alison to North for a 3rd

Trade Ross because he once went @50% DE
You forgot Howard to GC for Pick 4 traded to WC with other dark magic stuff for Pick 1 = Reid.

Sam Edmund has mentioned that we might be looking at James Jordon from the Dees, what kind of Midfielder is he? I don't know anything about this player

I’m not a fan of bringing in Goldstein, I would rather someone who is more forward but is also strong in the ruck.
Especially If we don’t have Membrey next year then we should look at the JSOS type of players rather than a pure ruck as our final showed that King needs an experienced strong forward to help him out.
Completely agree here. Marshall was a bees dick from being AA ruck this year, he was half the player as a forward with Ryder. He can pinch forward but not spend 60%+ time there.

We need a forward ruck of the Lobb, McLean, Cox mould.

Caminiti has the height but needs some more weight, Hayes has the weight but probably not the height. I'd want someone you'd be comfortable enough taking in as a lone ruck if Marshall went down for a week or early in a game. Heath or Keeler could do this but might be too early next year (although 4th year for Heath and will be 21 going into next year, would need to start making inroads for a first team birth).

Then we have Campbell or another backup ruck at Sandy if Marshall is out long term.

Sam Edmund has mentioned that we might be looking at James Jordon from the Dees, what kind of Midfielder is he? I don't know anything about this player
I’d describe him as a Seb Ross type. A midfielder but not an inside bull.

Definitely a much better kick than Ross, but hasn’t found a huge amount of footy just yet. Has been played as the sub quite a lot at Melbourne.

Haven't seen that it's happening gif near enough to match those threads

Saevgki.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Henry will slide into the #23 with Bytel gone.

With Adams delisted Highmore more likely to stay for depth. Less likely to move Dougal unless the offer is pretty good.
Nooooo give Hammer the 23. The return of Buckets, you know it makes sense.

Henry can have Gavin Mitchell's old number once it's been vacated.

Completely agree here. Marshall was a bees dick from being AA ruck this year, he was half the player as a forward with Ryder. He can pinch forward but not spend 60%+ time there.

We need a forward ruck of the Lobb, McLean, Cox mould.

Caminiti has the height but needs some more weight, Hayes has the weight but probably not the height. I'd want someone you'd be comfortable enough taking in as a lone ruck if Marshall went down for a week or early in a game. Heath or Keeler could do this but might be too early next year (although 4th year for Heath and will be 21 going into next year, would need to start making inroads for a first team birth).

Then we have Campbell or another backup ruck at Sandy if Marshall is out long term.

Keeler was on watch with a couple recruiters I chat with, they were what twigged me on him going through the SANFL as an underager and that man is natural forward and Bing+Ming archetype with young Stanley body. That is to say, impressive wingspan, no meat, the AFL system today will break him if he played Hammers role this season. Purely please be gentle, hide at FF in case of mad emergency option where everyone has been yeeted to the sun and it's just not possible at all. Not ready but that potential is huge and tasty.

Heath has to fill that role if Ro needs chop out that isn't Campbell and we need 2nd ruck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard Hawks interested in Billings. Anybody else heard this?
Only in my dreams. They give us a first round pick swap and I fly back to Australia just to drive him to Dingley in a big sewerage treatment tanker.

We pay his salary out and chuck in Hunter Clark and grab that top 5 pick and get it frikkin right this time

This year I have let go of our previous mistakes, wrong decisions and bad luck.

I felt if I kept the same mentality, nothing will ever change. We would keep the same identity as the club who never has luck and every thing goes against us.

I am only one person, I am sure many of you have had the same thoughts. I know the club definitely has. If we all get on board, I wonder where that energy will take us.

We have had ten years of people making bad decisions. Some of you even longer depending on how old you are. I remember going to games in the early 2000’s and it wasn’t a good time. I guess that is a response to trauma of some thing you love haha

If you keep thinking the same and believing your bad history will repeat it’s self, nothing will change.

We have high quality people in charge. I have no doubt they are going to bring in the right players via the draft or by trade or free agency.

The evidence shows this year we are on the right track and I believe we will finish 6-3 in 2024.

I have so much belief in the club right now and where we are going.

Jack Bytel
Jack Peris
Jack Billings
Rumblings Jack Steele
If I was Sinclair I’d be looking over my shoulder.
We're looking at getting Frankie Peckett's boy in. 3 Jacks for an Ace.

The more I think about it the more I want to see caminiti at chb. I reckon he could be an elite intercept defender

A bit like Liam Jones. As soon as he was switched down back he looked a natural fit.

Caminiti is still learning the caper. As a forward he could be a real headache for defences. When he flies for marks the packs collapse and spread-eagle. A picnic for crumbing forwards.

So does that mean Highmore might be saved by the possible departures of Howard & Coffield? Or are his papers stamped? I hope to see him break into our 22 next year.
I do too. Early track watchers here called him Wilkie 2.0, but his suspect disposal in the few games he played - either last year or the one before, I forget which - turned him from our up and coming intercept machine into a bust.

Not sure how the coaches see it, but if Coff really wants out, then getting a decent trade for him and allowing Highmore - who would currently be worth next to nothing on the trade table - the chance to replace him is a decent outcome.

I wasn't looking out for him unfortunately, I was watching Ned Long, he's the son of some family friends so had half an eye on it without much invested. Sweet really stood out. Arundel is a little nugget small forward, every game I've seen him play he looks great.

I’d describe him as a Seb Ross type. A midfielder but not an inside bull.

Definitely a much better kick than Ross, but hasn’t found a huge amount of footy just yet. Has been played as the sub quite a lot at Melbourne.
I want all incoming trades to be better players than the out going trades .

Talls we've taken in the national draft recently:

2022 #31: Van Es
2022 #44: Keeler
2021 #51: Adams
2020 #26: Allison
2020 #45: Highmore
2018 #4: King
2017 #35: Clavarino
2016 #39: Battle
2014 #1: McCartin
2014 #21: Goddard
2012 #25: White
2012 #75: Pierce
2011 #60: Lever
2011 #68: Maister

2 hits out of 14 taken, with 2 of those still pending.

* taking talls in the draft, you can't pick enough of them to let the law of averages work in your favour.
Yep, look at Sydney.

Rarely if ever draft KPP or Rucks with early picks. They either rookie them, pick them late or trade them in ala Lockett/Hall/Franklin.

The only player I can think of that bucked that trend is Logan McDonald. But he was a pretty safe bet with their pick, like King for us.

Last edited:
Re Gresh, the usual whispers go around blokes etc.

Basically seems like an alright dude but rates himself (rich athlete so understandable) but will go to whoever pays him the most.

Not really fussed where that is but if a bigger club can offer him more most footy opportunities then I’d say he’d be going there.

Obviously the usual caveat of take with a grain of salt etc etc
Love this attitude, and most of us are crying out for players with that mindset rather than quiet humble well-adjusted types that we have an excess of.

I notice watching games that in breaks of play, in the forward line its often Gresh who is doing the talking and pointing.

We could get rid of him, or...

We could indulge his need to be the big dog, give him a leadership role, let him crave the big stage and make him even more accountable for his performance as a team leader, see if he can drag the rest of us up.

His drive to improve his consistency and work on his weaknesses is the key here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back