List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

Reid was just on SEN, it’s a must listen. The final question he got asked was:

Q: “Harley, what makes you more angry than anything else?”

Long pause….

A: “Sam McClure”

Put him in the number 9.
Actually, or piss take? Haha.

There's a lot of things we don't get right but player retention has always been a strong suit of ours. And if it doesn't work out like that, we all know how much value we got out of Judd and the subsequent trade.

Think Geelong would be pretty happy with the value they got out of Kelly given what they spent to get him also.

You back yourself in to pick the best players no matter where they're from, you back yourself in to retain players, and you back yourself in to get value if they leave. Can't handicap yourself with 'what ifs', and our first rounders before last year have pretty much all been from interstate for ages now, the club is happy to pick whoever.

Phil Read?
If he's not name dropping Rowan Jones and Josh Wooden ....

mattingly-coach.gif

From Foxsports thread

View attachment 1829022

........ don't like

North are definitely gearing up for a proper offer, they'll target the cats pick and probably offer 2, 8 and change. Pick 8 will probably cost 17 and 18.

I'd decline it and take Reid.

North are definitely gearing up for a proper offer, they'll target the cats pick and probably offer 2, 8 and change. Pick 8 will probably cost 17 and 18.

Please tell your connections it has to be 2, F1 and 15 for 1+43 bare minimum imo.
That's the starting point where it would get very interesting.

Picks 2 (1-3) and 15 we could do a lot with.
Target Cats pick 8 with 15 + F2 and 36 maybe.

2+8 alone if they gets cats pick doesn't cut it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m all for Reid obvs, but have a question for those that have delved deeper into draftee stats and footage than me:

Does Reid kick many running goals when he is playing as a mid? McKercher possibly more elite in that particular element of the game?

I’m aware of how Reid in his underage year excelled as a half back and has been a monster both in the middle and when placed forward as a marking target. Just unsure from footage whether he produces much score when playing in the guts?
McKercher is better goalscorer as a mid yes. Scores from the spread at stoppages and does some real freaky things with his pace.

Reid will win more % contested ball and has a burst but isn't a natural Rolls Royce midfielder ike McKercher.

McKercher is better goalscorer as a mid yes. Scores from the spread at stoppages and does some real freaky things with his pace.

Reid will win more % contested ball and has a burst but isn't a natural Rolls Royce midfielder ike McKercher.
McKercher looks pacey cos the plebs he was playing against were slower then a turtle riding on the back of a snail

I reckon Cats will want to trade into next year’s draft. North would have to put their F1 in the table and pay overs for 8 and would then have to pay overs again for Reid. It would be just about the dumbest thing they could do as a club.

Please tell your connections it has to be 2, F1 and 15 for 1+43 bare minimum imo.
That's the starting point where it would get very interesting.

Picks 2 (1-3) and 15 we could do a lot with.
Target Cats pick 8 with 15 + F2 and 36 maybe.

2+8 alone if they gets cats pick doesn't cut it.

I reckon they'd prefer to hit the draft with a killer hand.

I reckon Cats will want to trade into next year’s draft. North would have to put their F1 in the table and pay overs for 8 and would then have to pay overs again for Reid. It would be just about the dumbest thing they could do as a club.

In that instance they'd just offer us the F1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back