List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Eagles fans!

The embedded resources below are kept up to date by the trade board mods (as much as possible – we are human after all). Enjoy!

Keys you may like to sticky this post & move it to the start of the thread (so the sticky post doesn't rotate if a post is deleted before it), or copy it to your draft thread if you have one.

At pick 37 does he need to be that good or just a bloke that’s good enough to fit in a best 22. That’s how I see it at the moment we don’t need to find the best player in the draft at pick 37 we get him at pick one.

We need role players and blokes that possibly play 100-150 games with the later picks, role players and guys that will get everything out of themselves to carve out an AFL career. I guess the question would be could Hall fit that bill?
I have serious doubts

Curtain is worth giving up Sullivan, Smillie or smith at this stage midfielders take 3-5 years to really hit there straps if we are lucky 2025 the likes of Ginbey hewitt are good enough for the role full time
You won’t get much love for that in here but I love people that challenge the mainstream in here 👍🏻

So much negativity on this board - I think the draft runs deep enough for us to end up with good picks. And for the doubters of Curtin's value, I really hope we make a deal with our F1 and grab him. None of this 'the grass is greener stuff' next year. Grab the talent now.

So much negativity on this board - I think the draft runs deep enough for us to end up with good picks. And for the doubters of Curtin's value, I really hope we make a deal with our F1 and grab him. None of this 'the grass is greener stuff' next year. Grab the talent now.
Curtain is worth giving up Sullivan, Smillie or smith at this stage midfielders take 3-5 years to really hit there straps if we are lucky 2025 the likes of Ginbey hewitt are good enough for the role full time
What’s the deal?

It's fanciful to think we would get offers for our F1 anywhere in the realm of what we received for Harley.

The team trading into present draft 99% of the time pays a premium to do so. Its for this reason we should shelf any idea of trading our F1. I dare say the suggestions made by Demon 16 are about as good we would get. You will very rarely maximise value in a pick swap when you're the team using future assets.

Be patient the rebuild doesn't need to be sorted in two weeks time.

Also I think the recruitment teams recent form in drafts should give us enough confidence to let the draft fall with our current hand. Its seemingly the type of draft where it's much of a muchness what picks you have after the first round.

People need to get over Curtin… there is no point trading out F1 just to have him on the list now. Let him go east, develop, and bring him back with a first rounder when we climb back up the board a bit. He might be a bust anyway

And that may well be the best way forward in all likelihood.

Not sure its posters being super keen on him but it seems the club does rate him, just not as pick 1. And if they are will they do anything about it?

I'd rather us manufacture F1 into McKercher.

If we sold F1 for Curtin, we need extras. A double draft dip if you will. Curtin + O'Sullivan or Wilson ect.
You’re not getting pick 2 for F1. There’s always a discount given to the future pick given there’s always the risk it ends up far higher

(Log in to remove this ad.)

N

Never going to happen. People in the know reckon we wouldn’t have a buyer of a F1 inside the top 5 picks.
Not so sure mate., it actually could be in Norths interest to bank another very high pick for next year. They have a plethora of picks this year, they could keep the strong draft hand rolling while rebuilding at the same time.

Good story on young Clay Hall. Comes across as pretty switched on and nice to see Ginbey has been helping him out a bit

Also this re the WA v Vic country game is topical

Not much love for him on this board but as an inside mid we could do worse with our 3rd pick if he’s still there. Or gamble on him still being there with our 4th which will be about 10 picks later

I don't dislike him, he's better kick than Demattia!
Happy if we took him at 3rd or 4th pick.

2nd too high for mine.

I don't dislike him, he's better kick than Demattia!
Happy if we took him at 3rd or 4th pick.

2nd too high for mine.
Stevens actually tested way better than expected at combine.
3.1 for 20m
Agility was better than average at 8.5 or so

Plus killer 2ker

I was leaning Hall but finding this out makes thing interesting 🤔🤔

Yep and that is why he should be cut loose .

A few years ago sheed took up cycling to increase his endurance and all it has done is made him a soft latte sipping plodder .

Look at this campaigner this photo sums up our past 2 seasons

View attachment 1846597
Reminds me of this.. images (23).jpg

If Curtin makes it to our first pick I reckon a fair trade would be along the lines of our 2023 first pick (6) and our 2024 second round pick (attached to Syd), for your first next year.

Maybe some steak knives moving around as well - but anything significantly more than that would be too risky for us given you could easily move up a couple of spots and we could easily move down more than a couple of spots.

I think you guys would have to concede a little to secure your man and give us the risk. No doubt we’d prefer to take a kid now rather than wait 12 months - and we’ll be trading Petty out next year so should have a couple of good picks anyway.

Nice openning lowball bid. Live picks 8 and a future pick close to 40?

For a top 2 pick?

Would you do thatif you were the Eagles? No......you wouldnt.

Nice openning lowball bid. Live picks 8 and a future pick close to 40?

For a top 2 pick?

Would you do thatif you were the Eagles? No......you wouldnt.

To be fair, this is the problem with live trading our future 1st on draft night. We will only be doing it if a player we really want (Curtin?) has slid and is available, and the club we are trying with will know it.

Unlikely to get a good deal in that situation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back