Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

It used to be that Clarry was the ultimate professional and did all the extra sessions and Trac was the one who didn't take his recovery/eating as seriously (and used to go to doofs etc).

Definitely better doing it Trac's way and being young and dumb then turning into a professional than the other way around.

The thing is if Clarry loses his footy career, i'm not sure he's got much else going on. Things could go from bad to worse pretty quickly.

It used to be that Clarry was the ultimate professional and did all the extra sessions and Trac was the one who didn't take his recovery/eating as seriously (and used to go to doofs etc).

Definitely better doing it Trac's way and being young and dumb then turning into a professional than the other way around.

The thing is if Clarry loses his footy career, i'm not sure he's got much else going on. Things could go from bad to worse pretty quickly.

Contact Chicken Nixon now to book Melbourne legend Clayton Oliver to play a game for your local club and do a sportsmans night afterwards.

1703046052525.png

Did he get run out of Lorne by the local bikies?

What a joke. Bought in only to end up in hospital, court and go home early from a beach camp. Shut the window.

Kane Cornes will have a field day about his contract and rightfully so. We are the kings of giving too long on contracts. Tmac and Brown, Harmes 5 year contract, Oliver, list goes on.

Knowing Tim Lamb, Laurie probably has a 6 year deal sitting in front of him now waiting to be signed.

Kane Cornes will have a field day about his contract and rightfully so. We are the kings of giving too long on contracts. Tmac and Brown, Harmes 5 year contract, Oliver, list goes on.

Knowing Tim Lamb, Laurie probably has a 6 year deal sitting in front of him now waiting to be signed.
Angus Brayshaw on a 6 year deal was one of the dumbest decisions the clubs ever made. He's not even that good

I used to be horrified at the idea of Oliver leaving but now I just don't really care. All the off field drama surrounding him is exhausting.

If he bounces back next year then great but he's like a flea at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

7 news reporting he's taking an "indefinite break from football"

And to think we probably knocked back the picks that would’ve got us Harley Reid for this bloke because we wanted to back in our “culture”.

We are suddenly very thin on inside mids with Oliver likely out and Harmes/Dunstan/Jordan gone.

And to think we probably knocked back the picks that would’ve got us Harley Reid for this bloke because we wanted to back in our “culture”.

Which was the right thing to do. Once you start dumping players whenever they have problems not only will no-one want to come, others will want to leave. That "culture" that you're so dismissive of is what attracts players like Lever and May to the club while keeping Trac, Pickett etc.

We are suddenly very thin on inside mids with Oliver likely out and Harmes/Dunstan/Jordan gone.

We've got enough. Sparrow as a full time midfielder is far better than using him as a forward for 70% of the match, some more time available in there for Pickett. The least of our worries.

Geez there's a fair bit of (a) abandoning a bloke pretty ****ing quickly when clearly, self-induced or not, he's not in a good way and (b) forgetting how critical he was in helping us end a 57 year Premiership drought. He has been an excellent player for our club.

I know i'll get told I'm a snowflake by the usual but I hope he is okay and we see him again. Salem's quote from the HS below:

“We are just thankful that he has a great support network with him,” Chrsitian Salem said. “The club are doing so much to be able to help him through it because it is challenging, not everyone on the outside knows exactly what is going on with him so there is a lot of speculation and you could imagine how he is feeling. But we will support him and try and help him get back on track.”

We've got enough. Sparrow as a full time midfielder is far better than using him as a forward for 70% of the match, some more time available in there for Pickett. The least of our worries.

Wouldn’t rely on a bloke who tries to take speccies and pile drive opponents as our solution for no Oliver/Jordan/Harmes/Dunstan and possibly Brayshaw

Wouldn’t rely on a bloke who tries to take speccies and pile drive opponents as our solution for no Oliver/Jordan/Harmes/Dunstan and possibly Brayshaw

Dunstan/Harmes/Jordon suck. Every single one of them. Thank Christ they are gone. Id much try some different types of players than the same old plodders who can't kick like we always do.

Geez there's a fair bit of (a) abandoning a bloke pretty ******* quickly when clearly, self-induced or not, he's not in a good way and (b) forgetting how critical he was in helping us end a 57 year Premiership drought. He has been an excellent player for our club.

I know i'll get told I'm a snowflake by the usual but I hope he is okay and we see him again. Salem's quote from the HS below:

“We are just thankful that he has a great support network with him,” Chrsitian Salem said. “The club are doing so much to be able to help him through it because it is challenging, not everyone on the outside knows exactly what is going on with him so there is a lot of speculation and you could imagine how he is feeling. But we will support him and try and help him get back on track.”

Salem is mates with him and is hardly going to come out to the press and say anything bad about him. I don't have much sympathy for guys who piss away careers, and he is in danger of that right now.

Geez there's a fair bit of (a) abandoning a bloke pretty ******* quickly when clearly, self-induced or not, he's not in a good way and (b) forgetting how critical he was in helping us end a 57 year Premiership drought.

(c) knowing how critical he's been in the club becoming a clown show over the past 6 months.

Yes fair Rivers in the midfield works, and maybe Pickett in bursts. But if Viney or Trac cop an injury our depth gets depleted pretty bloody quick.

Sparrow with his 12 disposals a match isn’t a solution either.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back