Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Only way out is if we have clauses that make whatever is going on a breach of his contract. Even then it’s a real * around to try use it.

Only 6 more years to go.

Stuff like this is why I hate giving out long term deals to "save us money". Injuries and off field issues can ruin you. You need to be super careful who you give long term deals out to. Better off paying players more PA over 3-4 years than less over 6-7 years. Hopefully its a lesson learnt moving forward.

Only 6 more years to go.

Stuff like this is why I hate giving out long term deals to "save us money". Injuries and off field issues can ruin you. You need to be super careful who you give long term deals out to. Better off paying people more over a shorter term. Hopefully its a lesson learnt moving forward.
I can sorta understand a 7 year deal or whatever if he was from WA but he's from Victoria. He wouldn't ****ing leave anyway it's so stupid.

Only 6 more years to go.

Stuff like this is why I hate giving out long term deals to "save us money". Injuries and off field issues can ruin you. You need to be super careful who you give long term deals out to. Better off paying people more over a 3-4 years. Hopefully its a lesson learnt moving forward.

7 years.

But you can include last season as a waste of money as well with the way it went. So 8.

I can sorta understand a 7 year deal or whatever if he was from WA but he's from Victoria. He wouldn't ******* leave anyway it's so stupid.

Yeah, only makes sense for me if youre a smaller or interstate club trying to nab a huge fish like Franklin or Lockett. Someone who can put bums on seats and make you a headline. Players like Oliver aren't attracting people to games.

775040.jpg

Oliver Scandal Update. Clayton sleeps nude in a oxygen tent that he believes gives him sexual powers

Is the implication that he's been "sent home" bck to where he's living? As in Gawns shack with a 2 day old bub and a missus just out of hospital?

Would have to be the most understanding and tolerant missus on the planet of she allows him to come back into the house right now..

Last edited:
Is the implication that he's been "sent home" bck to where he's living? As in Gawns shack with a 2yo bub and a missus just out of hospital?

Would have to be the most understanding and tolerant missus on the planet of she allows him to come back into the house right now..
Is Gawn even at the camp? His wife just gave birth yesterday. Surely he's taking a bit of time off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

played our best footy without him this year.
factually incorrect.

Round 11: Lost to Freo
Round 14: Lost to Geelong
Round 15: Lost to GWS
Round 21: Played horrendous against North. Worst game in a decade.

We had a good win against Collingwood no doubt. We scraped over the line against Carlton before they were any good and stole a game late against Brisbane.

Round 21: Played horrendous against North. Worst game in a decade.

lol. We would have played at least 50 to 75 worse games than that this decade.

a good win against Collingwood no doubt. We scraped over the line against Carlton before they were any good and stole a game late against Brisbane.

Beat the two grand finalist without him, lost to them both times with him. Beat Carlton without him, lost to them two times with him.

Hes clearly so important.

I'm not even kidding when I say Ed Langdon is more impressive to watch live.
Majority of Clayton's career can be summed up in two sentences

Get ball, handball to the first person he sees
Then later on
Get ball, kick as far as possible

Not that enjoyable of a footballer to watch

I just never believe the club. There's so much corporate spin put in the club realised statements.

So we threaten to put him up for trade unless he pulls his head in. Then we get told that he has bought into the club and into the program only for Oliver to drive on a suspended licence, leave a training camp and God knows what else. And Pert says our culture is a 'competitive advantage'. Doesn't feel like it Perty.

There's no doubt I believe Glen Bartlett and former club doctor Zeeshan Arain in every version that they say and not the people in current power just because they hold the microphone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back