Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4 x B&F, 3 x AA, 2 x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player

Remove this Banner Ad

Ablett Snr was a campaigner of a bloke. So many rumours about that guy and what he got up to off the field.

I saw a lot of those 'rumours' you're referring to at the Imperial Hotel on Chapel street back in the day.

Amazingly wonderful player, the complete opposite outside of playing football.

Nah * that where there is smoke there is fire. There has been rumours of his s**t behaviour for years, didn’t really pay them any attention until it blew up this offseason. Funny how once it all becomes public he’s under the ‘medical reasons’ umbrella.
Player: has a seizure and has license revoked on medical grounds

Flog on Dees board: nah its all made up, i hear some rumours that a young guy has done drugs before so nothing else could be happening. where there's smoke there's fire

Player: has a seizure and has license revoked on medical grounds

Flog on Dees board: nah its all made up, i hear some rumours that a young guy has done drugs before so nothing else could be happening. where there's smoke there's fire
Newsflash
Renowned moral police member blindly backs obvious flog because he plays for Melbourne, wouldn't grant the same leeway to a bloke from collingwood

Do these vague "personal medical issue" euphemisms from the club actually help Clayton, his health and his reputation? I'd argue they just feed the rumour mill.

It's 2023. The vast majority of people have respect for someone who says "I've got x problem and I'm going off to seek professional help for it".

The club alternates between trying to publicly send him a message that his behaviour is no good and then suggesting he's constantly got unrelated medical issues popping up. It seems very unprofessional messaging on a number of fronts.

Can confirm, Clayton hit me up a couple of nights ago down here, I sold him washing powder as speed. Snorting Cold Power can't be good for you so would expect a medical episode.
Make sure ya chuck ya car in the garage overnight when he finds out mate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should have traded him.

I was in that camp. Another poor decision by the dees to “back the culture” to get him right.

Heading down the same path as Jurrah at this rate. Could have snared some first rounders from Adelaide and freed up significant cap space.

To think we are stuck paying this guy $1m a year for another 8 years makes me sick. That sort of cash for a bloke who isn’t even capable of making it through a team camp during the offseason is going to set the club back decades.

I hope I’m wrong but I bet he went and had a few pots at the Lorne hotel after training.

Slap on the pokies with $100 he flogged out of Richo's wallet. He was going to put it back but didn't win. His heart was in the right place just got unlucky

Reports suggesting he’s ’taking a break’ from football.. 🤦‍♂️

Hopefully forever. Too much drama for all.

If there is nothing suss and his health is just ****ed he should absolutely take the year off

If its the worst case scenario he desperately needs to get his life back on track. Cant help someone who doesnt want to help themselves.

What a piss take if true. $1m in cap space tied up in a bloke whose “taking a break”.

Typical MFC

We are truly the kings of "dead cap" this year. About 2m sunk into Oliver, Brown and TMac.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back