Welcome to the Bulldogs Sam Darcy

Remove this Banner Ad

His progression is that far ahead of what I was mentally prepared for. He’s doing things I thought he would be capable of in 2-3 years.

He’s close to unplayable now, let alone what he might be able to do in a few years.

I love watching the opposition faces when he takes marks they have absolutely scragged him for.
It's priceless really. In that moment you can see that they realise that they have absolutely no faaaaarking chance whatsoever....and never will have for as long as they play.

Darcy is already pretty brutal to play against, imagine in two years when he fills out? He might genuinely be a top 20 player in the league once he grows into his body because that kid is a unicorn

Hi guys please don't mind me intruding but i have not been so impressed by a very young KPP prospect since a first year Charlie Curnow.

He has all the tools to be the most dominant player in the league.

Honestly his growth span, courage and reading of the play is extraordinary
In addition to having tremendous talent and athletic ability, he has a very strong and cerebral nous, which makes him very easy to coach

In many ways I think he Is a more valuable young player/asset than Harley Reid.

Congrats Dogs Fans. He is priceless:)

Will easily be a top 20 player. More like top 5.
Nope. He will be the dominant player in the competition sooner than anybody thinks.

The thing that gets lost in discussions that inevitably turn to his height. Is the amount of core strength that he already has.

Opposition players are trying to push him under the ball in marking contests, but invariably end up flailing and falling at his feet like women's underwear at a Tom Jones concert.

I pegged him as a unicorn the first time I saw him.

I reckon that one's gone straight through to the keeper for anyone under 40, Norm 😁
Probably, but I couldn't think of anybody else that this would happen to in this day and age.

Its something that my granny once* told me she was very fond of doing when at a Tiger Jones concert back in the day.

*Once was enough.

He’s out of the rising star betting. Unbackable or suspension?!

The likely suspension, but it would have been good if the whole season could have been played out. Harley hype is real, but he’s extremely patchy at the same time and it was only a 2-horse race

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Darcy should and will get suspended. For how long, good luck predicting. There’s no reason to do what he did (and he didn’t even try to disguise it) and there’s an onus on the players to not clean up players in vulnerable positions.

Shouldn’t have done it and now we’re going likely 2-4 weeks without our best non-injured forward. it was pretty dodgy even if it was perhaps the footy gods possessing his body to inflict a little bit karma onto Maynard.

It will hopefully be a good lesson to Sam going forward - don’t get rubbed out because at some point he’ll be our best player and we’re going to be needing him available as much as possible.

Darcy is already pretty brutal to play against, imagine in two years when he fills out? He might genuinely be a top 20 player in the league once he grows into his body because that kid is a unicorn
Thats a low bar to be set, more like in contention for best in the comp if injury free

Hi guys please don't mind me intruding but i have not been so impressed by a very young KPP prospect since a first year Charlie Curnow.

He has all the tools to be the most dominant player in the league.

Honestly his growth span, courage and reading of the play is extraordinary
In addition to having tremendous talent and athletic ability, he has a very strong and cerebral nous, which makes him very easy to coach

In many ways I think he Is a more valuable young player/asset than Harley Reid.

Congrats Dogs Fans. He is priceless:)
Yeah we are not shocked, only shocked about the quickness of his showing what he will become

Felt like I was waiting a lifetime for someone to draw a line in the sand and do something aggresive on the field to show that they give a shit. A bit sad that it had to come from a 20 year old but it's also exciting for the future.

Thank you Sam, my new favorite Bulldog.

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome to the Bulldogs Sam Darcy

Remove this Banner Ad

Back