Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Our club in the Media

Remove this Banner Ad

in terms of his commentary i've always rated lloyd, he's as unbiased as i can recall any former player who turned to media work post-career, and i think he makes a lot of sense
same with kane cornes

Yeah two of my favourites, although Cornes definitely does have a bit of a blind spot with Port. What he lacks there he makes up for with a fair amount of self-awareness most of the time and an ability to laugh at himself.

Yer but thats the Asterix that the media bang on about, its not the size of the ground its the occasion and the unfamiliarity of playing in a cauldron environment.
Yeah and that might be a fair comment. The occasion was too big for a young team against Geelong on that final Saturday. But you hope that they can take that experience and won't be over awed by it next time. I just feel there's a maturity and resilience to this team now that they didn't have then.

Yeah two of my favourites, although Cornes definitely does have a bit of a blind spot with Port. What he lacks there he makes up for with a fair amount of self-awareness most of the time and an ability to laugh at himself.

Cornes is fine i think sometimes tries to hard to be controversial with his statements.

Yeah and that might be a fair comment. The occasion was too big for a young team against Geelong on that final Saturday. But you hope that they can take that experience and won't be over awed by it next time. I just feel there's a maturity and resilience to this team now that they didn't have then.

It hard to get better playing there only once or twice every year!

Why doesnt the media bang out articles on that.

in terms of his commentary i've always rated lloyd, he's as unbiased as i can recall any former player who turned to media work post-career, and i think he makes a lot of sense
same with kane cornes
Agreed. Probably my 2 favourites to listen to in the media. Kane often goes over the top to drum up attention but more often than not I agree with him.

We made the GF in 2022 ahead of schedule and it showed. The group has matured that little bit more and are starting to come into the peak of their powers. We've also had some very handy additions in Grundy, Jordan and Adams as well.

2016 isn't even the same squad.

I'm talking about the size of the MCG being suggested as a handicap which I don't believe it is given our personnel and gameplan.
I equate the 2022 Grand Final a bit like eagles 1991 Grand Final. Just an inexperienced side losing to old timers. In theory we should come back hungry and win the whole thing this year with the momentum of our 150th year.

2016 was just a robbery, so it doesn't count.

2014 we choked big time.

2005 and 2006 were against another interstate side.

Which is why 2012 was such a historic win. We had no right to win it. But we did.

1996 I'd rather just forget about.

All interstate sides have trouble winning Grand Finals against Melbourne based sides at the MCG. It's not only us. So I just hope John Longmire and the assistants have thought long and hard about how to gain an edge somehow (Not of the Essendon variety).

I'm absolutely sure any team we come up against in the Grand Final will apply mega pressure on us and use unsociable thug tactics.

Agreed. Probably my 2 favourites to listen to in the media. Kane often goes over the top to drum up attention but more often than not I agree with him.
I think Kane started off being a bit sensationalist to get clicks but the past few seasons I've appreciated his analysis a lot more.

I think Kane started off being a bit sensationalist to get clicks but the past few seasons I've appreciated his analysis a lot more.

Yeah now that he's established I don't think he goes the cheap headline anymore. Even his comments on Reid, when considered in context, weren't as ridiculous as they were made out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where did I not let him express his opinion Tedeski? I asked a question didn't I?

I said calling Lloyd a flog was harsh. Others agreed with me. If you don't agree that's fine, but no need for this carry on. Standard likes on the post too.
I actually like Lloyd's commentary too for the record but if someone else thinks he's a flog, that means he's a flog to them.

Not sure why you have to add this bit all the time.

Because someone who claims to have me on ignore will obsessively follow me around and like any post that disagrees with me. If he wants to ignore me, then that's perfectly fine, but it's as if he wants to have a one-way conversation where he gets to like posts that disagree with me but give me no right of reply. It's perhaps one for the mods to discuss with him as it's been going on for months.

I actually like Lloyd's commentary too for the record but if someone else thinks he's a flog, that means he's a flog to them.

And that's fine, but I thought this was a discussion board where opinions are challenged and discussed. I wasn't alone in disagreeing with him.

There's a lot of copium from Melbourne based fans that the MCG will be our downfall. I kind of feel that the more space we have to run in waves like we do, the more damaging we'll be. Or am I crazy?
I don't blame the ground for my negativity.
For me it is the realisation after many GF losses, that having to make our way to Melbourne on the Thursday for the parade & sleep in foreign accommodation for two nights, while full of anticipation, unfortunately must have an impact on how we come out for that game.
I won't stop believing this until I see a 50/50 split between interstate & Vic teams over a good sample of Grand Finals.

Where's Warner & Grundy?
Yep, I feel it.

Cbs What GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Remove this Banner Ad

Media Swans Talk in the Media 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back