Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has kockie informed him we're carbon neutral?
Lol yet another thing that they announced and then did nothing about and rolled in some bulldozers to alberton.

Like we ****ing cared in the first place but jesus christ we suck at absolutely everything.

Lose prelim by 100000 for the 1000th time

EXCITING NEWS FROM THE BOARD, WE GOING CARBON NEUTRAL

LMAO that the useless thug Dixon was wheeled out - during his suspension for assaulting a SANFL player - to accuse fans of abuse.

You can't make this shit up.
No, you cannot, and the fact that the ********* running the current shit show think supporters will buy into the crap they are purporting this week is unbelievable.

Seriously beyond a decade of this type of spin, never the coach

🤔
View attachment 2031028

9 News👇

The heat's on Ken Hinkley, but it's the playing group taking ownership of the club's wretched run of form.

9News can reveal a "players only" meeting was held earlier this week, with veteran Aliir Aliir confident some honest conversations can turn the tide.
Connection pfft. It's the coach and the game plan you bellends.

No, you cannot, and the fact that the ********* running the current shit show think supporters will buy into the crap they are purporting this week is unbelievable.
They ****ing will though. The media narrative is starting to turn heads already.

A win over the basket case that is St Kilda and watch everyone crawl back out from under their rocks.

Look back at posts and articles over the last decade. Ken has survived this multiple times.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think you can get a glimpse into the view of the majority of the board and football department just by the notion that we would have a succession plan. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't succession plans are usually put in place when you have a head coach that has achieved ultimate success and want some sort of continuity onto the next coach? The idea that we would have an understudy for Hinkley, a coach that hasn't even made a Grand final, is nuts. It tells me that when they put this in place, they wanted continuity in place between Ken and his successor. This is a mind blowing disconnect to me. At this point, most people are asking for change because continuity is exactly what they DONT WANT. If we want change, we want new ideas. It defeats the purpose of a succession plan. As much as I like Josh Carr, at this point he has established relationships with the players and I think we need somebody to challenge the psychology of the group. If that relationship needs significant change then what was the point of any succession plan? It reeks of a club getting waaaaaay ahead of itself.

They are gonna belt the living daylights out of the saints. This team love getting their act together for one or two weeks before the energy dies down and they stink it up again.

“I’m not death riding Ken Hinkley… but the moment will come at some stage,” Damo said on the Midweek Rub.

Hinkley is under pressure after a string of recent poor results, including most recently a 79 point home thrashing at the hands of Brisbane in the club’s 20th anniversary of the 2004 flag win.

Daisy Thomas agreed with Damo’s assessment, underling that returning coaches have proven to be more well-rounded.

“I think we’ve seen that coaches the second time around… you learn,” he said.

“You learn a lot from what you did right, but probably more so what you’ve done wrong through the past.

“Port Adelaide’s got a very nice list as well… it’s not as if you’re picking up and starting from fresh.“

📻 Triple M Footy

View attachment The-returning-coach-Damo-says-wo_001_001.mp4

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dixon has just declared “if you want to do something good for the environment, go and buy a V8. An EV is the worst thing you can do for the environment.”

You just know this cunny watches a lot of YouTube and votes for the Motor Enthusiast Party.
Hey now, broken clocks and all that

Every coach on that list has made a gf and all bar two (Ken and Ross) are premiership coaches.

I’m not sure what point he’s trying to make…
His sole point is to illustrate Ken's win/loss record, but in what universe is that more important than grand finals/premierships? Ken's game plan is designed to beat up on rubbish teams, but everything falls flat when it matters - in September.

They are gonna belt the living daylights out of the saints. This team love getting their act together for one or two weeks before the energy dies down and they stink it up again.

Saints are gonna cop 2014 elimination finals Port lol, we'll completely dismantle Rossball and he'll be sacked before Ken despite a list on par with 2012 Ports

We have been here many times before.

Hinkley has survived them all.

It’s all true.

However, I would like to point out that the waves of discontent are becoming bigger every time. It gets harder and harder for them to deal with it.

In 2017-8, they chose a path (“You are on path!”) that leads to defeat. They almost avoid it in the covid seasons, but not even the special circumstances were enough.

It’s impossible for them to win. All they can do is to postpone their fate. They are good at that. Still, the later it comes, the worse it gets.

They have it coming. It’s been happening for seven years already. When this is over, whatever happens then will be all on them.

All this absolute moron geriatric of a man needed to do was:

1. Drop McEntee (for more than 1 week);
2. Drop Marshall until he learns that he is allowed to put his body on the line and head over the ball (probably a month in the twos);
3. Teach the players about how a man on man defence works, and when and if his gung-ho zone defence/get the ball forward in numbers at all costs doesn't work (like it wouldn't against any half decent opposition or any opposition that brings a bit of pressure) - then switch it to a man on man defence to try and wrestle back some momentum.
4. Stop constantly saying in interviews "we just need to work harder" or "we need to continue learning" or "that opposition is bloody tough and scary" or "finals are so hard".
5. Never admit publicly, "I don' know much about their players". Are you kidding me. I coach a senior women's soccer team, and me and my assistants go and watch out opposition weekly when they're not playing at the same time as us, and I can assure you we aren't on $800k/year, in fact were doing it for free.

Like, I can't tell you how much I hate this guy like if you go back to my posts from 2018 onwards it was always to sack him - but if he just did those 5 things above I could maybe learn to live with it.

Why did he stat Todd Marshall in that final all those years back over Westhoff - he was all of 13 kilograms and unseasoned (not that now that he is a bit bigger and more experience means anything because he is the softest footballer on the planet second to Donald Dickie). DUMB DUMB DUMB

These are all things that anybody could see, let alone someone who is suppose to be a senior coach of a football club. COME ON - why are people so blind and how is this guy so stupid?

He’s not a fraud. He doesn’t hide anything. His incompetence is in the open for all to see.

People simply refuse to do it.

“I’m not death riding Ken Hinkley… but the moment will come at some stage,” Damo said on the Midweek Rub.

Hinkley is under pressure after a string of recent poor results, including most recently a 79 point home thrashing at the hands of Brisbane in the club’s 20th anniversary of the 2004 flag win.

Daisy Thomas agreed with Damo’s assessment, underling that returning coaches have proven to be more well-rounded.

“I think we’ve seen that coaches the second time around… you learn,” he said.

“You learn a lot from what you did right, but probably more so what you’ve done wrong through the past.

“Port Adelaide’s got a very nice list as well… it’s not as if you’re picking up and starting from fresh.“

📻 Triple M Footy

View attachment 2031058

Ken will do well then at Camperdown.

I think you can get a glimpse into the view of the majority of the board and football department just by the notion that we would have a succession plan. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but aren't succession plans are usually put in place when you have a head coach that has achieved ultimate success and want some sort of continuity onto the next coach? The idea that we would have an understudy for Hinkley, a coach that hasn't even made a Grand final, is nuts. It tells me that when they put this in place, they wanted continuity in place between Ken and his successor. This is a mind blowing disconnect to me. At this point, most people are asking for change because continuity is exactly what they DONT WANT. If we want change, we want new ideas. It defeats the purpose of a succession plan. As much as I like Josh Carr, at this point he has established relationships with the players and I think we need somebody to challenge the psychology of the group. If that relationship needs significant change then what was the point of any succession plan? It reeks of a club getting waaaaaay ahead of itself.

Premature contract extensions with pissweak KPIs.

New CEO found 10 feet down the hall.

New logo introduced as an anniversary piece but in reality was a permanent rebrand by stealth.

Public campaign against our AFL premiership captain joining the board (only for the people to finally have a say to the contrary).

Jobs for the boys.

Jobs for Hinkley family members.

I mean why wouldn’t they have a succession plan for a coach completely bereft of success?

Everything is underhanded and done without due process.

This is Port a la Koch.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back