Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our game plan at times has for sure let us down, just like every other team.
You know what games we always lose? the ones where both teams are at 100% mental energies. Like finals or showdowns. We always win with our backs againts the wall in regular season.. It's the players.
Bad call

Cub is bereft of any meaningful leadership at any level.

Playing games and politics in the media instead. Busy scapegoating Tredrea via third parties. Sending out Dixon to berate fans booing. I was thinking there must be a strategy behind their "playbook", I think its just straight up incompetence now.

Club is really in a bad place, on so many levels.

the dark knight rises GIF

Every pro hinkley person

We know that the club believes that players play for our club because Hinkley is the coach, and without him, players will leave, and new players won't be attracted to come. However, they don't think that a continuation of publicly degrading his list of players after thrashings can have wide-ranging negative consequences on team dynamics, performance, and the retention of players? He's done it twice on a larger scale, and this alone should have him teetering on dismissal, especially if more thrashings occur soon, regardless of his foolery and record to date. Furthermore, the degrading is backed up by Davies, in which you wonder why these two peacocks need to even express this pubicly anyway. Yet, it's Tredrea that gets pulled into line for a subtle "good call" response where it is assumed that he was referring to the caller's con-artist description only rather than the caller's other legit points. It's screwy!

Would it surprise you to learn that Dixon has the same manager as Hinkley?

It expect the agent is running a full defence of his man because he knows he’s not getting a contract anywhere else. That means no more commissions for his agent.

Edit: looking into this a little further and I think I was wrong. They once had the same agent but Dixon is no longer listed on that agency's site as its 'talent'.

So, it looks like Dixon just might be freelancing in insulting the supporters.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is what Chris Scott meant about describing us as "an emotions based team". Such teams cannot sustain long-term success.

We win this week based on the saints being an average team and an emotional save daddy mentality….. that should be exactly enough to highlight the shortcomings of keeping Ken as coach.

It’s like nobody is actually looking big picture, they just want to be as Timmy G says ‘comfortable’ and mid table, keep out of the spotlight…. Maybe get lucky one day.

When it ends it will be such a relief to move on to something else. Have something to look forward too.

The fact we haven’t heard from Koch, Davies or Ken speaks volumes.

They just want to slink away from accountability, I bet if we beat the saints we will hear from them.
They will wait until they can cherry pick stats to suit their arguments. However unlike in previous seasons, it doesn’t look like the on field results will turn for Kenny boy. A win against St Kilda changes nothing.

The media goons can only deflect from terrible performances and attack certain individuals for so long for merely questioning the delicate genius of Kenneth from Camperdown

We know that the club believes that players play for our club because Hinkley is the coach, and without him, players will leave, and new players won't be attracted to come. However, they don't think that a continuation of publicly degrading his list of players after thrashings can have wide-ranging negative consequences on team dynamics, performance, and the retention of players? He's done it twice on a larger scale, and this alone should have him teetering on dismissal, especially if more thrashings occur soon, regardless of his foolery and record to date. Furthermore, the degrading is backed up by Davies, in which you wonder why these two peacocks need to even express this pubicly anyway. Yet, it's Tredrea that gets pulled into line for a subtle "good call" response where it is assumed that he was referring to the caller's con-artist description only rather than the caller's other legit points. It's screwy!
Don't forget.

Caroline Wilson trashed Brodie Grundy for going with Horse and not Ken.

Port and Cos' good little soldiers in the media desperately want to portray Ken as a player magnet - and anyone who sees through Ken's boring and insipid contested game plan must be acting in bad faith.

For instance, she initially praised Grundy when it emerged that he was taking ownership of the failed Melbourne situation and was meeting with the Port "brains-trust".

"I completely understand what Port were doing (meeting with Grundy). (Connor) Rozee and (Zak) Butters were in Melbourne anyway because of these All Australian awards and Ken Hinkley flew in. Absolutely fine with me," Wilson said.

However she sure changed her tune when Grundy went with Sydney.

Wilson said over the weekend the Power may have “dodged a bullet” by missing out on Grundy. She said Grundy may not be the sort of player you want at your club if he puts his lifestyle above his football future in his list of priorities when considering a move.

“Brodie Grundy made a bad call this year because he chose a town. He chose Melbourne because he wanted to stay in Melbourne. He chose a club that was clearly the wrong club.

“Port Adelaide was a better choice last year, but he chose Melbourne because of study and lifestyle situations that he had here in Melbourne. It was wrong. In the end, you’re being paid close to $1 million to play footy.”
LOL at Caro for spouting the Cos and Ken talking points like a good little soldier.

It's hilarious to look now: the only person that "dodged a bullet" was Grundy, who must have saw Ken, Rozzee and Butters like they were a pack of morons and was probably trying desperately not to laugh at their insipid "presentation".

Media playing the victimhood card

After Ken Hinkley was booed over the weekend, Malcolm Blight spoke about of his experience being booed and the impact it had on him.

📻 SEN SA 1629

View attachment 2031237
Two grand finals, 6 years in.

Its a fair call by Blighty, he hadn't been there long and had actually got them to the dancefloor twice.

Totally different story when you have 0 grand finals after 12 years.

Two grand finals, 6 years in.

Its a fair call by Blighty, he hadn't been there long and had actually got them to the dancefloor twice.

Totally different story when you have 0 grand finals after 12 years.
The media seem to forget the 12 years and 0 grand finals and the pathetic record against good teams.
It’s bizarre really how much love he gets.

The fact we haven’t heard from Koch, Davies or Ken speaks volumes.

They just want to slink away from accountability, I bet if we beat the saints we will hear from them.
Normally they get on the front foot immediately. They haven't this time. Different is good.

Last edited:
Normally they get on the front door immediately. They haven't this time. Different is good.
If it was any other mob maybe, but this group is spineless. They're no doubt preparing their "where are the Hinkley haters now" comments so they're ready to go the next time we win. That's the only defender they have. Just like they're desperately holding onto the hope that if they keep signing Ken long enough, he'll fall into a grand final and they can tell us how right they were, even if it takes 50 years to do it.

I don't really have skin in the game anymore, so i feel like i'm able to take the emotion out of this, sit back, and look on with a more realistic viewpoint. If i had to put money on it, i'd bet he'll be gone within the month. Hinkley has always comforted himself in the knowledge the happy clappers still had his back. Now that even they're turning on him i don't think he has the guts to stick this out. He's a coward, after all.
Especially if the Saints win on Sunday - in that scenario, Ken might not cherish the thought of rocking up to Adelaide Oval next week to face the Port fans again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back