Opinion Sack Hinkley 11 - Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest

Remove this Banner Ad

He trashed the playing list after the GWS SF loss last year as well and then in the summer we were subjected to Sav and BZT saying they came to Port Adelaide ‘because of Kenny’. It’s happened multiple times over his tenure.

If you’re being paid enough you’ll say what they want you to say, when Ken leaves they’ll forget about him pretty quickly

You missed the point completely. Why would a good player come to Port with the coach & football dept and Hinkley apologists as a whole now saying well you can’t expect to play finals or win a premiership as they are hard..
Grundy & Dunkley both had options to come to Port but went elsewhere. We get fringe players wanting more game time or a position of their preference.

Uy-NP5.gif

Masterful

Davies and Richardson need to go. Then the new coach needs to eliminate Cornes, Goldsack, Lobbe and co. All the deadwood needs to be removed.
Which is why it needs to be someone like Buckley, who won't care about people's feelings, and he would certainly scoff at the idea of Port being everyone's favourite team. I can see him and Koch butting heads, and my money's on Buckley.

They say this every time we have a Hinkleyesque performance. Then as soon as we win a couple of games suddenly we're Flag ready.

This. Nobody thought the list was the problem at 4-1 and 5 goals up on the reigning premier at the MCG.

In fact, there were breathless comparisons of Rozee/Butters/JHF/Wines/Drew to the all-time great midfield groups of the modern era.

Now we’re back to poor old Kenny the tortured genius being let down by his shoddy tools after apparently having performed miracles with them up to now.

Haha ok.

You missed the point completely. Why would a good player come to Port with the coach & football dept and Hinkley apologists as a whole now saying well you can’t expect to play finals or win a premiership as they are hard..
Grundy & Dunkley both had options to come to Port but went elsewhere. We get fringe players wanting more game time or a position of their preference.
Tbh I think most players or their managers are smart enough to see that the list really isn’t that bad and the gameplan they’re executing is garbage.

If a change of coach occurs I don’t see why players would actively avoid coming here.

Right now this just feels just like all the other times I've been told "this time he's really gone". All he has to do is slide into the 8 and he'll be here next year regardless of finals results.

The media are pushing hard for him to keep his job and I think that is the only voice Koch listens to. The players will probably have their usual uplift in performance whenever this slob's job is question as well.
I'm not so convinced any more. If you're continually told in the public domain that you're not very good - plus you're told to enact a confusing game plan that only works against lesser teams, why would you continue to bust a gut for the bloke in charge?

This is so, so, so much deeper than just the ugliest, weirdest and most obvious in Keninly.

His sacking will actually be meaningless unless we clear the whole ****ing joint out. That is the task we face here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is so, so, so much deeper than just the ugliest, weirdest and most obvious in Keninly.

His sacking will actually be meaningless unless we clear the whole ****ing joint out. That is the task we face here.

It's not as big a task as you make out.

Really, only Ken and CD are the major problems. We can discuss Koch and the Board, but the reality is that they've hitched their wagon in particular to CD because there has been a lack of football knowledge on the Board, and so CD has manipulated the Board to be the trusted voice on all things footy.

Then of course, Warren has come onto the Board and suddenly CD has someone who can challenge his decisions with a bit more than one or two grains of validity.

Make no mistake, once Ken eventually leaves the battle is going to be between CD and Warren. Get rid of CD at that point and there's a reasonable chance the footy department will operate smoothly and competently even with this footy illiterate Board.

It's not as big a task as you make out.

Really, only Ken and CD are the major problems. We can discuss Koch and the Board, but the reality is that they've hitched their wagon in particular to CD because there has been a lack of football knowledge on the Board, and so CD has manipulated the Board to be the trusted voice on all things footy.

Then of course, Warren has come onto the Board and suddenly CD has someone who can challenge his decisions with a bit more than one or two grains of validity.

Make no mistake, once Ken eventually leaves the battle is going to be between CD and Warren. Get rid of CD at that point and there's a reasonable chance the footy department will operate smoothly and competently even with this footy illiterate Board.
i like how infinitely forgettable richardson is that you forgot to mention him.

i like how infinitely forgettable richardson is that you forgot to mention him.

Richo is largely insignificant when it comes to footy decisions. He leans on CD to run the footy department autonomously.

One of Kens favourite saying's was 'You get what you deserve'. He deserves no less. People from other clubs have little idea what the journey under Ken has been like for many members. We want it over, in any way possible.

Yeah i am starting to get that vibe, haha.

Another Tiger guy also mentioned he has been living in the shadows here....watching.... intrigued

Jon Stewart Popcorn GIF

It's always interesting finding the lil narratives that are going on outside of the public perception of each club. Didn't realise how much he has apparently been manipulating friendships to garner support, etc.

Will reappear after a win, start justifying how Hinkley has changed it up, we've learnt and will then justify how we'll go on a run to the flag.
Waiting to see if Ken can win a flag would be like waiting for Koch to utter the words I WAS WRONG.

You know, the defence would look a fair bit better if the gameplan didn't involve pushing the entire team forward to "lock it in", only to have it come over the top with speed seconds later.

They mostly look like shit because they're absolutely under siege the entire game. Forward line is a shambles and the midfield isn't much better, but let's just admonish the defence because my brother doesn't coach that part.
I agree
Montgomery did a pretty good job with our defence when he was here.

If we are replacing Scotty it’ll be James Kelly or Steven King who we have in our coaches box.
Thank you for clearing that one up. We were certain Ken was going to replace Scott.

Isn't it fascinating that Koch, Cos and Davies have all been silent since the Brisbane loss? 🤔

Talkback has been lit up with frustration and Koch the Con Artist hides as he always does when the going gets tough.

Port doing what Port does - quietly announcing new "core messages" to some of their friendly journos while hiding from the supporters themselves.

And Caro doing what she usually does - serving special interests while hiding behind journalistic standards and claiming she can't reveal sources.

Last edited:

Isn't it fascinating that Koch, Cos and Davies have all been silent since the Brisbane loss? 🤔

Talkback has been lit up with frustration and Koch the Narcisstic hides as he always does.

Port doing what Port does - quietly announcing new "core messages" to some of their friendly journos while hiding from the supporters themselves.

Take em on Treds. Love it. You will not be intimidated like a true Port man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back