Preview 2024 Rd 17 Carlton vs GWS Saturday 6th July 7:30PM @ Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really really hope we never see two rucks in the same team again.

1. Melbourne had the number 1 and number 2 rucks on their list last season and proved it didn't work.

3. We were poor when we played 2 rucks and great when we haven't. We have proven it does not work for us either.

2. It goes against the very fundamentals of our team that have made us better. Improving our run which has improved our defending and pressure which are the backbone of our success. Picking two rucks goes against these things.

a) More run. In terms of closing speed pressure and two way run.
b) Forward line pressure is much much better without three talls and it's kicking more goals.
c) Team defence is much better as we are able to play that extra small forward and they are able to rotate and get up the ground and help out the defence.
d) Forward line connects much better because forwards are running harder and covering more ground
e) Midfield is much stronger as we can play an extra follower, means more rotations, means we run out games better.

3. Harry McKay plays a lot better when he rucks. Not only does he have a massive impact when he goes on the ball but it gets him into the game as a forward.

Results speak for themselves. Two rucks is dead and buried in the modern game. The hit it takes to your run. The defensive side of the game, rotations forward and mid and the way the forwards are able to do more running and connect with the defence when there's more run from them. It makes no sense to play 2 rucks. Game has changed since the ant-congestion rules.

Only reason we may see it is through player's missing. If we lose a tall forward and DeKoning may step into that role or if we need to rest players and we are short on forwards and the opposition is weak.

I think structurally we have absolutely nailed it at the moment.
How is it going for Freo with Jackson and Darcy then? We alo won two big, big finals last year playing two rucks.

Not saying that that is the path we should go down but the evidence isn't as open and shut as some would have us believe.

How is it going for Freo with Jackson and Darcy then? We alo won two big, big finals last year playing two rucks.

Not saying that that is the path we should go down but the evidence isn't as open and shut as some would have us believe.
We will be better than we were last year and better than freo. Improving our speed and two way run are the very reason why we are playing so well.

Mate I spend that on JustaBattler alone, forget about Osc1 .

Hungry Food GIF
Cheap bustard.

More than happy to have a side wager. I think before the end of the season both play and finals for both still on the cards

This week TDK comes in Pitto
Probably more dependent on who we play, if it is a Fremantle yes a possibility, but for most teams with one ruck, makes alot more sense to back in TDK with the growth and understanding he plays much better as the sole ruck, also gives us more overall run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We will be better than we were last year and better than freo. Improving our speed and two way run are the very reason why we are playing so well.
Freo are playing very well and running with 2 rucks, different types of player though. If Voss thinks we are best off with 2 rucks he won't be scared to do it.

Yes, stiff for Hewett. But I feel like the way we're going to beat the Swans in the GF is to have maximum pace in the midfield. Hewett ain't slow but he also ain't quick.

Brown and Kelly are two big outs for them.

Cincotta to Whitfield.
Crippa BOG.
Curnow and McKay combine for 8 goals.

Blues by 37 points 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back