Autopsy Round 17 2024 – GWS Giants vs Carlton, Saturday July 6, 7.30pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

A game that will show the character of our team. Carlton are now just behind Sydney as premiership favourites, and are playing confident winning football - will show how good we are against the best.

Win against this quality opponent, and this could be the game that turns our season around. Need Toby at his best, and the entire team needs to play 4 quarter football and stay focused.

Let’s Go Giants!!

If we lose this one, maybe the Carlton fans can teach us how to boo our own team. It worked for them last year, the blues really turned it around after their fans gave them a resounding booing.

Why i think the Giants will win tonight:

1) Kieran Briggs is a great ruckman who is massively underrated. I think TDK will learn a lesson.

2) My man Bedford has been killing it as a tagger, he reminds me of Crouch of the Swans in the 00's, a competitor without BS. He should tag Sam Walsh who is a driving force in the Carlton attack. I think Brent Daniels play a defensive forward in Saad who is their most important player IMO.

3) Toby Greene is a due for performance ala Geelong.

4) Carlton is due for a loss. They deserve to be in Top 4 no doubt but I think they are overrated. Wobbly at the front, steep decline in quality in some positions and are slow overall once Walsh and Saad are negated. I picked Adelaide to beat Carlton early in the season, the only poster to do so in the Adelaide forum. I feel that Carlton will drop off tonight.

Won't be going due to recovery from cold.

Go the Giants!

Why i think the Giants will win tonight:

1) Kieran Briggs is a great ruckman who is massively underrated. I think TDK will learn a lesson.

2) My man Bedford has been killing it as a tagger, he reminds me of Crouch of the Swans in the 00's, a competitor without BS. He should tag Sam Walsh who is a driving force in the Carlton attack. I think Brent Daniels play a defensive forward in Saad who is their most important player IMO.

3) Toby Greene is a due for performance ala Geelong.

4) Carlton is due for a loss. They deserve to be in Top 4 no doubt but I think they are overrated. Wobbly at the front, steep decline in quality in some positions and are slow overall once Walsh and Saad are negated. I picked Adelaide to beat Carlton early in the season, the only poster to do so in the Adelaide forum. I feel that Carlton will drop off tonight.

Won't be going due to recovery from cold.

Go the Giants!
Here’s hoping

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel it in my bones, a big win from the Giants. That Darcy Jones is a cracker and Carlton are treacle slow. Play the fast running game and you’ll get them.

If it’s a battle of speed vs size, speed wins every time against the blues.

I like fast players.

Last edited:
Dang.

Lots of Carlton supporters already at the ground with 30 minutes to first bounce.

Ground looks very damp - expected.

Rain might hold off. Famous last words. Cool but hardly any breeze.

Nice night for footy.

Dang.

Lots of Carlton supporters already at the ground with 30 minutes to first bounce.

Ground looks very damp - expected.

Rain might hold off. Famous last words. Cool but hardly any breeze.

Nice night for footy.
How’s the crowd looking? expecting our previous record home crowd against Carlton (10,355) to be beaten tonight

Autopsy Round 17 2024 – GWS Giants vs Carlton, Saturday July 6, 7.30pm AEST, Engie Stadium

Remove this Banner Ad

Back