Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

aah it's common for thinkers... as we write/talk we think...and pause...
and reflect...and trust we are not over the top or offending anyone...
Tredders is similar in the media when he stops...and is quiet...
most people just ramble on...thanks for your input...this is a true story...

Hahahaha!! I can confirm this.

But in writing. I can talk nonstop. 😬

I know it was posted before but this came up while scrolling shorts.

Didn't Bergman say in the lead up to the last game where we commemorated the 2004 flag that he had never actually watched the game? In the video he talks about Carr kicking the opening goal.

Players would probably tell San Diego to go **** themselves.

I'm not surprised if it includes all the sprayed snaps, the one where he burnt a teammate over the top today for one of his around the body sprays was as selfish as it gets.

"Why only Tredrea?"
(Lockhart Road)

--

This question has bothered me ever since LR posted it.

I can add Tim Ginever to the list, despite his own reservations. We know Darren Cahill is quiet, but also in the camp. Still, that would be about it. Who else is there?

Where are all the others? Are there more? Why are they all quiet, if so?

Why aren't there more people supporting Tredrea?

"Why only Tredrea?"
(Lockhart Road)

--

I can add Tim Ginever to the list, despite his own reservations. We know Darren Cahill is quiet, but also in the camp. Still, that would be about it. Who else is there?

Indeed. Why?

Indeed. Why?

It's the most terrifying question we currently face, tbh. Hence, it's also the most important one.

Have we become a club of no-hopers? Where are the people supposed to properly lead the club?

"Why only Tredrea?"
(Lockhart Road)

--

I think part of it is people don’t go public because they don’t want to be seen as a disruptor. Or don’t want to publicly declare their true feelings. It’s like the surprise when Trump was elected or the powerful anti YES vote here in Oz.
Even Tredders toned it back after the first untenable comment. I mean listening recently to a recording of that comment now I’m surprised how big it became because it was almost said in an off handed manner in the context of his total review of that game.
I think ex players are still fearful of any real or imaginary repercussions, whether it be unwanted publicity or club involvement, if they came out criticising Hinkley and therefore all the other charlatans.

Forgot to put this in here yesterday, but Daryl and Jenny's girl Isobel got selected in the Opals 12 woman squad for Paris Olympics. Surprised Egypt didn't make a claim on her.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Prison bars to be our away strip for all away games except against Collingwood.

Also:
  • play in the SANFL and allow us to have a proper underage side and SA recruiting zones OR
  • an AFL reserves side and an academy
and then continue to use the prison bars as the away strip in that also.

Is that really too much to ask for a club that earned its right to be in this competition and has been treated like a second class citizen ever since.

Or shove it up your jumper.

I hope you've been taken out of context Tim.

Prison bars to be our away strip for all away games except against Collingwood.

Also:
  • play in the SANFL and allow us to have a proper underage side and SA recruiting zones OR
  • an AFL reserves side and an academy
and then continue to use the prison bars as the away strip in that also.

Is that really too much to ask for a club that earned its right to be in this competition and has been treated like a second class citizen ever since.

Or shove it up your jumper.

I hope you've been taken out of context Tim.

My understading is that he defends SWAPPING the guernsies; BiB goes to the SANFL; PB's, to the AFL.

FB_IMG_1721037498416.jpg
Richmond 3 years off a premiership dynasty and 100k members getting sub 20k crowds at the MCG. We had a higher average attendance in 2011&2012 at a concrete shithole impossible to get to outside of living in the western suburbs and we get threats to shut up shop and moved to Tasmania.
And as the sprinkles on top of that shit sandwich we get told that we are the most fickle fans in the league and should be grateful that Hinkley saved us.
**** this league

20 goals to half time. Finished with 34 goals and Tim Evans wasn't even our leading goal scorer on the day.

The days when the Maggies would have the foot on the throat of the oppo by half time for a 50 plus half time lead and keep it there in the 2nd half for an 80-100 plus win, compared to the Power's long history of cruising to a 35 plus point lead (particularly against lesser teams in the first half), putting the cue in the rack during the 3rd term and then virtually limping to unconvincing, and percentage damaging wins.

Unfortunately that killer instinct that Port Adelaide teams once had has never really been evident in our AFL history, there has been a weakness there for years and I suspect is the major reason it was publicly stated (I forget who actually said it 7 or 8 years ago), but it was something along the lines that any team that could hang in there for long enough against Port would always be a chance to get the chocolates.

The days when the Maggies would have the foot on the throat of the oppo by half time for a 50 plus half time lead and keep it there in the 2nd half for an 80-100 plus win, compared to the Power's long history of cruising to a 35 plus point lead (particularly against lesser teams in the first half), putting the cue in the rack during the 3rd term and then virtually limping to unconvincing, and percentage damaging wins.

Unfortunately that killer instinct that Port Adelaide teams once had has never really been evident in our AFL history, there has been a weakness there for years and I suspect is the major reason it was publicly stated (I forget who actually said it 7 or 8 years ago), but it was something along the lines that any team that could hang in there for long enough against Port would always be a chance to get the chocolates.

Yes, and it goes right back to Choco's days when we would be in total control of a game and he would use that time to 'experiment'. Which almost always resulted in us throwing away cheap goals or just trying to protect the margin.

Kim Kinnear kicked 3 goals whilst Rick Kinnear was umpire :oops:
Peter Mead the other umpire!
Our winning record with Mead as umpire wasn't as good as oppo supporters liked to think and may have even been in the negative in his first few years at the caper, plus I can recall him reporting a Port player in a final's series for calling him a cheat, which was denied by the player (Chris Natt?), but he was still suspended.

Max O'Connell who represented the Maggie's league team a few times in the late 1950's could also be a tad harsh on us in games when he umpired in the 1960's, and as per Mead he copped plenty of the `why don't you kick it for them' type comments from oppo barrackers.

Our winning record with Mead as umpire wasn't as good as oppo supporters liked to think and may have even been in the negative in his first few years at the caper, plus I can recall him reporting a Port player in a final's series for calling him a cheat, which was denied by the player (Chris Natt?), but he was still suspended.

Max O'Connell who represented the Maggie's league team a few times in the late 1950's could also be a tad harsh on us in games when he umpired in the 1960's, and as per Mead he copped plenty of the `why don't you kick it for them' type comments from oppo barrackers.
Kim Kinnear has said many times he used to hate his brother Rick umpiring Port games. He said Rick would not give Port frees he would give the other sides, so as to look unbiased. He also said Rick never gave him a free kick, which may not have been an accurate fact.

Kim Kinnear has said many times he used to hate his brother Rick umpiring Port games. He said Rick would not give Port frees he would give the other sides, so as to look unbiased. He also said Rick never gave him a free kick, which may not have been an accurate fact.

It was in Kym's mind and nobody would dare challenge him on it. He was a scary dude. All 5'8" of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's talk Ports! Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back