Autopsy Saints kick the Bombers butts far into the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

flipping looooooove smashing the injectors.
Sat through the game with 3 bombers members and after q2 arm wrestle was sitting there with a massive sh-t eating grin.
“Bad luck lads, Parish should play mid, Draper is on the end of a few iffy ones eh?”
Meanwhile the boys were piling on the pain.
Love it.
Might queue up the replay when the drop by during the week.

Not the exact quote.

But the Boss also said that the difference between us and the sides at the top of the quality of our midfield
RTB obviously been doing his bedtime reading on Big Footy.
Couldn’t possibly have come to that conclusion all on his own 🤣😝☺️

2015 would like a word ;)

Great win though - plenty to like!

One slightly left field mention from me for Hunter Clark - really liked his work in close tonight. Good to see him stringing together some form.

And Jones and Bonner.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it bad that I had to go to the Essendon board to read their autopsy of todays match, before coming here to revel in our great win?

Consensus on the Bombers board seems to be that we are crap, but that they are far, far, worse. This made todays win even better, by us letting the air out of the Essendon Finals bus. They are definitely not going anywhere near the finals now.

Everyone has to love that.
Not long back in the door.....there was some serious celebrating to be done tonight........that from memory was the biggest win since we belted them at the dome in 2015....pretty sure 2008 was by a bigger margin(and what a night that was)

This arvo/tonight was just unbelievable...........so so sweet when it was totally unexpected.

I don't think even the "Drovers dog" tipped us to win.

That 3rd qtr was just bliss on a stick.

More of that please.

And the great accuracy and spectacular goals from tight angles.

You just knew we were "on" when that was happening in the first qtr.

More of that please.

COOPER. SHARMAN.
I've been waiting for Coops to have a "breakout" type of game(at least since the end of 2021) and tonight he delivered.

He marking is fantastic(that hanger he nearly took at the Northern end defied the forces of gravity)

He can roost them from 50 and is normally a dead eye dick with his laser accuracy.

Today was just so so satisfying.

Well done to him.

An honorable mention to Cairnsman too.

Strangest thing happened today. We sat on the wing and unsurprisingly were surrounded by feral Bombers supporters.

I sat next to an old bloke who was on his own, bloke grumbled constantly and was pretty fiesty. Then, out of nowhere, he started chatting, he talked about how their supporters have no idea and that Essendon are lazy front runners with shocking skills.

I think I actually found the one Injectors fan who was actually decent. The better half even said as much, something like, you never make friends and agree with anyone at the footy.

Poor old bloke had had enough half way through the last. He left, saying he'll join the procession and wished us well. The little 7 year old hears him, then innocently says at the top of his voice, is he going because their losing so bad? Ah... kids.... gotta love em

I've been waiting for Coops to have a "breakout" type of game(at least since the end of 2021) and tonight he delivered.

He marking is fantastic(that hanger he nearly took at the Northern end defied the forces of gravity)

He can roost them from 50 and is normally a dead eye dick with his laser accuracy.

Today was just so so satisfying.

Well done to him.

An honorable mention to Cairnsman too.
ive heard a players harshest critic is thenselves....

has anyone ever seen cairnsman and Cooper Sharman in the same room together?

On SM-A156E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Cooper Sharman is father of Ben McKay.

Every bit of that game was fantastic. Not a single player you could look at and say they didn't contribute.

It speaks volumes that we didn't bother activating our sub.

May Essendon go another 7,000 days without a final win
It was a game were it all basically clicked from start to finish.

It was immensely satisfying.

Good crowd too of just under 40K.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Saints kick the Bombers butts far into the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back