Autopsy Saints kick the Bombers butts far into the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Post match interview gave me plenty of Confidence.
And have you seen any good work from Oliver recently.

Phillipou coming back in and playing well gives me more confidence than Oliver would.
We need to improve our midfield yes, but Oliver aint the guy.
I’m watching him right now.

5 disposals. 2 clearances and 4 inside 50s.

He hasn’t been great this year. But it beats Dylan Shiel

What exactly gave you confidence in that interview? He was non committal and completely avoided getting drawn into staying when asked.

Just mentioned he had a new baby and it helped keep the noise away

If Battle stays (post match interview doesn’t give confidence)

I’m going all in on Oliver.

**** it. I want quality mids in this side. We would be top 6 if we had 2 of them.

I think you're being a romantic, I am 99% it will be another Lovett and be lucky if he plays more than 10 games for us before the train crash.

Trust me I want 2 quality mids as badly as you the romantic in me wants 2 top 10 draft picks and Sheezel / Selwood Harley Reid x2 in their first season.

Turns out we're both delusional ;)

.... It must be the candy stripes. F**k me I love that jumper.

Last edited:
What does Jake Stringer and a guitarist have in common?

Stringer’s concentration may have been elsewhere

L6gKh2j.gif

They both shit their pants in the goal square throw the ball in the air, completely miss it with the boot while the ump is checking if his multi is f**ked because he couldn't get the Injectors over the line ?
They both like the sound of A Minor

it's the second efforts and desperation that elevate cooper/caminiti over king in my eyes.. coop will contest in the corridor and then sprint forward before hooking back to give an option a la roo. Not just once or twice, every time. Sometimes we see that out of king, but often we see him sprint to the square and point to space. Sometimes it pays off, but for me the constant movement in the forward line is what creates unpredictability and scoring opportunities. It shouldn't need to be said but leading and movement creates pockets of space and accountability, sometimes a defensive handover goes wrong, sometimes there's no one to fill the hole and we get an easy spot up pass.

When king is in the forward line it just seems like we don't have that level of movement and coordinated chaos that makes a forward line dangerous.

Obviously it helps when our mids are on top too, but it looks a thousand times better when our mids roll and test the oppo's defence with a spot up kick to sharman/membrey/higgins etc, rather than rolling to see king king pointing to "space" only for the defence to collapse when the floated kick comes in.

As Harris Andrews said when we played brisbane "they kick it to one ****ing guy, stay on him"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m watching him right now.

5 disposals. 2 clearances and 4 inside 50s.

He hasn’t been great this year. But it beats Dylan Shiel

What exactly gave you confidence in that interview? He was non committal and completely avoided getting drawn into staying when asked.

Just mentioned he had a new baby and it helped keep the noise away

Just his body language really.

Hard to unpack this puzzle: I can’t workout whether King doesn’t lead so our mids kick it up in the air or Our mids see King and just decide to put it on his head. I’m a huge fan of king and I still believe he’ll be a super player but we genuinely have looked better going forward without him.
King makes us too predictable, needs to learn ruck and add another dimension to not only his own gsme but also the team's.

We brought it to life as Ross likes to say, you can train it but it's about bringing it to life on game day when the whips are cracking.

He's created a monster.

Seems like the old Ross structures are kicking in, players knowing where to be and where to run to rather than headless chooks.

We suffocated Essendon up forward, they only got goals through luck or umpires gifting them a free,. we broke them down.

Defence is all well and good though but you need to make it count on the scoreboard and Sharman and Caminiti made it count.

How good was my boy Coops!

I knew he'd come good!
Takes a big man to admit a mistake, Cairnsy! 😉
At 45 games in I guess another lesson to all of us not to write off our young players too soon.

We brought it to life as Ross likes to say, you can train it but it's about bringing it to life on game day when the whips are cracking.

He's created a monster.

Seems like the old Ross structures are kicking in, players knowing where to be and where to run to rather than headless chooks.

We suffocated Essendon up forward, they only got goals through luck or umpires gifting them a free,. we broke them down.

Defence is all well and good though but you need to make it count on the scoreboard and Sharman and Caminiti brought it to life.

That was the thing from 2008 to 2009, suddenly the team was playing the way the coach wanted.

Easy to get caught up in all the Sharman hype, I'm guilty as charged, but this NWM guy goes alright too., He's got electric boots.
Yeah, but we already knew that.
So we just expect it.
😂

Takes a big man to admit a mistake, Cairnsy! 😉
At 45 games in I guess another lesson to all of us not to write off our young players too soon.

Supporters opinions are not as important as what happens on field.
And whatever their opinion, its great they are StKilda supporters.

We only argue about what might be best for the club.

A 5 or 7 year extension please. He will be worth a mint if he goes into next season without contract extension
I was saying this at the game earlier - I would seriously consider an 8-10 year contract for him. He may want to go home at some stage, and we can respect that (ideally after he wins a Norm Smith)... but it will make it on our terms with a trade. He's this good at 21.

it's the second efforts and desperation that elevate cooper/caminiti over king in my eyes.. coop will contest in the corridor and then sprint forward before hooking back to give an option a la roo. Not just once or twice, every time. Sometimes we see that out of king, but often we see him sprint to the square and point to space. Sometimes it pays off, but for me the constant movement in the forward line is what creates unpredictability and scoring opportunities. It shouldn't need to be said but leading and movement creates pockets of space and accountability, sometimes a defensive handover goes wrong, sometimes there's no one to fill the hole and we get an easy spot up pass.

When king is in the forward line it just seems like we don't have that level of movement and coordinated chaos that makes a forward line dangerous.

Obviously it helps when our mids are on top too, but it looks a thousand times better when our mids roll and test the oppo's defence with a spot up kick to sharman/membrey/higgins etc, rather than rolling to see king king pointing to "space" only for the defence to collapse when the floated kick comes in.

As Harris Andrews said when we played brisbane "they kick it to one ****ing guy, stay on him"
One of the best posts I've read about King. The coaches number one job over the off season is to find a way to make our forward line operate like this with King in it. The recruiters job is to land us some gun mids 😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Saints kick the Bombers butts far into the future.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back