Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - 23AA/24 NM VC

Remove this Banner Ad

Hes kicking is generally solid and iam not gonna torch him on that but he is never going to be a pack or contestedark animal, wT hing the wY charly and harry are clunking em or will day last week points out clearly the kinda bloke we need to chop him out. I havnt given up on teakle yet as were looking at a pretty limited period but we cant be putting all our eggs in one basket. And papley showed how dangerous a quality small can be.

Admittedly we were spanked in the middle but you have to develop all your lines concurrency

could not take a contested mark to save his life in the first half.

Goes back to help in the second, takes a crucial grab at different stages of the game when it was on.

Besides the play on brain fade, I reckon his efforts in the second half were crucial.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

could not take a contested mark to save his life in the first half.

Goes back to help in the second, takes a crucial grab at different stages of the game when it was on.

Besides the play on brain fade, I reckon his efforts in the second half were crucial.
He fell forward after the mark as much as anything. Should have been called back to kick at goal. Curnow or McKay would have been. They'd probably get 50 for the tackle.

He fell forward after the mark as much as anything. Should have been called back to kick at goal. Curnow or McKay would have been. They'd probably get 50 for the tackle.
Its Razor. He started at half forward in his first game back. Would have hurt his ego as a "senior umpire". Was so desperate to get involved.
It was the first ****ing decision he made too. The way he waved "play on, play on" - pandering to the Carlton members behind him.

He needs to be removed from the game.

Its Razor. He started at half forward in his first game back. Would have hurt his ego as a "senior umpire". Was so desperate to get involved.
It was the first ****ing decision he made too. The way he waved "play on, play on" - pandering to the Carlton members behind him.

He needs to be removed from the game.
He's removing himself thankfully haha

Nah, he definitely played on and then just tripped over. That was 100% on Larkey and Larkey alone haha.

Mixed bag today.

Ended with 3 goals which is likely a 'pass mark', but could have had more with better leads and efforts up forward.

Has the talent and the athletic traits to be the best leading forward in the game but too often he just sits waiting out the back and leaves it to the kicker to blast it over his head. Underrated aspect of why our inside 50 deliveries are so poor. He's our main target, he needs to create more.

Has the talent and the athletic traits to be the best leading forward in the game but too often he just sits waiting out the back and leaves it to the kicker to blast it over his head. Underrated aspect of why our inside 50 deliveries are so poor. He's our main target, he needs to create more.

Really disappointed in Larkey as I think he has so much more to contribute to the team than simply goals.

As one of the most experienced in our side, he is the first to play for a free and look for the easiest option when presenting as a forward. Constantly runs away from the ball carrier and never looks to be the link up player to hold possession pre-inside 50.

The constant head throws and dives when contesting a mark really annoys me. We cannot all get frees and lead the Coleman like Curnow, and it is not the Shinboner mentality.

I wish he could spend a month judging his output on goal assists instead of actual goals as I guarantee we would be a more potent forward line.

The simply reality is that we are top 4 in the comp for clearances and last for scores from clearances. This is an indictment on our forwards and Larkey should be leading the way.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #20: Nick 'Souva' Larkey - 23AA/24 NM VC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back