Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Looked at the Houston bump in slow motion and he was lining that up from a mile away. Had every intention to hit Rankine. Players were clearly tasked with roughing up Rankine from the beginning of the game
Yeah there's an angle you can see him line it up from a good 5m away. Never once looks at the ball. Has to go.

I've been saying all year that the MRO have been huff and puff but will go soft when it affects a top team in finals. Well it's put up or shut up time now. This can NOT be sub 5 weeks.

And of course you can only judge on the incident itself, but any suggestion of it at all being a "heat of the moment" thing should go right out the bloody window when it's clear they'd been tasked with sniping him from the first bounce. He 100% had a bounty on his head.

Last edited:

I actually think a huge difference tonight was Gollant. We were almost playing with one less player on the park with him in the side…

Probably with wet conditions we should have gone with Taylor and Gollant as sub, but everyone on here probably would have melted with Gollant not being put on after his 8 goals
8-goal dominance in the SANFL does not necessarily translate into ''can-play-AFL".
Gollant is living proof.
With Tex out, he deserved the chance, but he absolutely shat the bed tonight.
CanNOT handle AFL pressure.

F*ckin’ embarrassing.

I got absolutely piled on recently for criticizing this selfish bastard.

Now everybody sees that I was right.
I find it hard to believe the club didnt support him doing what he did this week, given that he had another interview on Friday and made more comments.
It was never going to end well for him

RT with 11 Fogarty and Gollant 7 each

Fog 2 goals RT 1 and Gollant 0
Thanks.
Confirms what I was saying, he wasn't far off with disposals, equal to fog, just needed to be better at goal.

Interested in ports tall forwards results as well. Don't recall them kicking any goals. Can't see their possession numbers being much higher. Ratogolea got a bit of it I think but that's about it.

F*ckin’ embarrassing.

I got absolutely piled on recently for criticizing this selfish bastard.

Now everybody sees that I was right.
No they dont

We just see a small man trying to be big - but you do you

Riccuito fan boying Port Adelaide all night and getting paid to do so when he is a board member of our club. It’s just a plaything for him, putting his buddies Burton and Reid in two crucial roles and breaking our club is disgusting.
Yep. He’s not good for our club. Time to cut him loose.

I actually think a huge difference tonight was Gollant. We were almost playing with one less player on the park with him in the side…
I would've tipped us without a second thought if we had Tex instead of Gollant. As soon as they confirmed Tex was an out I tipped Port. Massive downgrade.

Kingy always goes super hard.

In saying that though, unprotected going for the ball and he chose to bump, end result was a concussion, he is probably looking at 4-5 weeks
Watch them give him 3 so he can play in the GF if Port make it. 'It's too big a penalty to miss the grand final'
Although he doesn't play for a Vic team......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would've tipped us without a second thought if we had Tex instead of Gollant. As soon as they confirmed Tex was an out I tipped Port. Massive downgrade.

Gollant isn't the man. I'd have liked to see us give him a stretch to see if he was but Nicks wanted to get us into the 8 ASAP so player development was never a chance

No they dont

He doesn’t back it up, he constantly pulls out of contests, he puts enormous pressure on his teammates by giving the opposition players and fans all the ammunition and motivation in the world.

Anyone defending this shit knows absolutely nothing about sport and especially team sport.

As far as I know you've never been able to front on bump in a marking contest (and I'm pretty sure rankine was marking it).
Nah, Keane SHOULD'VE marked it but the bonehead (uncontested) double fisted it back into the hotspot right on Rankine's head.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back