Tigers - 2 disposals, 6 pressure acts
Swans - 3 disposals, 4 tackles, 10 pressure acts
Giants - 3 disposals, 3 pressure acts, 1 behind
Lions - 2 disposals, 1 tackle, 5 pressure acts
Saints - 0 disposals, 5 tackles, 6 pressure acts
Bombers - 1 disposal
Hawks - 3 disposals, 2 pressure acts
Cats - 1 disposal, 1 pressure act

Those last 3 weeks stick out like dogs balls in particular. You could at least argue he was providing some level of pressure, even if he wasn't winning the ball from it, but even that dried up recently late in games.
Add in 5 disposals, 3 marks, 2 tackles and 3 pressure acts against the Bulldogs and 1 disposal, 1 tackle and 2 pressure acts tonight.

Basically if we're in control late in a game he can do something, but if it's tight he's usually not a ton of help.

I think Port have only won 3 home finals at AO, and lost 5 including two home prelims
Great! I wish it was ZERO.
a heartbreaking wonderful 6 point loss vs Richmond :hearteyes: :thumbsupv1: and a{n even better] thrashing to the Bulldogs.
Ftfy.
Uhhh, who do you barrack for again :confusedv1:?? :sneaky:
NO Port loss is "heartbreaking"; not ever.

We aren't that good. But we controlled the game till Rankine went down.

Once Rankine went down, our guys were too busy wanting to fight. No on field leadership to steady the ship.

The good-teams will account for Port.

Freo will beat em next week.

Tonight was their last win for 2024....
you always make clown comments each year about port it's amazing! we didn't control the game at all we got hammered in the midfield, only scored on the transition and once port plugged that we just held on till we could no more. rankine going down was just the icing on the cake and highlighted the lack of leadership but didn't change the outcome!

There is an unofficial rule on Bigfooty that you never wish an injury onto a player.

However that doesnt apply to the Port Adelaide Football Club, an absolute classless bogan feral supporter base.

This I took from their board. Right here is the majority of their supporter base being represented.

View attachment 2082714

Blokes got form. Such a little bitch.

you always make clown comments each year about port it's amazing! we didn't control the game at all we got hammered in the midfield, only scored on the transition and once port plugged that we just held on till we could no more. rankine going down was just the icing on the cake and highlighted the lack of leadership but didn't change the outcome!
2 goals up and 9 consecutive inside 50 isn't controlling the game?

We're not going to contend next year so I don't know if there's any point to him playing on.
What?
That (ill-)logic applies to all of the players, then. If we're not contending, why play any of them? :confusedv1:
Tex still provides on-field leadership, goal assists and forwards' organisation and is a great role model for Thilthorpe/Fogarty and others.

Tex would've calmed Fogarty down tonight after that vile Rankine flattening.
He's needed.

What?
That (ill-)logic applies to all of the players, then. If we're not contending, why play any of them? :confusedv1:
Because Tex only has one year left at most. Why would you not play a TT who has a decade to play just because we won't contend in 2025?

Perhaps we do need the leadership, though Tex is the first to give away a free kick at the expense of his team mates.

How does ROB destroy last year’s AA ruck from the Bulldogs, yet gets destroyed this week by last year’s VFL ruck from the Bulldogs
He was injured, people seem to have forgotten that, also only beat him in the ruck where that’s not Tim’s strength.

We were 2 goals up and dominating play at the time rankine got knocked out

What an (almost) end to a shitshow of a season
Can't remember being so angry at a game for my entire life, and it didn't really mean anything to our club apart from beating Port
The sniping of Rankine, reaction of their fans, and shit eating grins of their players as they baited our guys for the next 30 minutes (successfully unfortunately) just made the red mist rise.
F*ck i hope they lose their first final, will be gold
You get what you deserve

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fumbles cost us the game tonight. Berry was very poor as was Nankervis, both had butter fingers and cost us many times. Think Nank needed a rest as he’s been really poor in the last month.
Can’t blame Nicks for the fumbles but why didn’t he put Max on JFH? He would have been a perfect match up. I think most of the match ups didn’t work for us and he didn’t change things up.

We have given a lot of players a go this year and it’s now time to delist/trade Berry, Gollant, Murphy and Keane. We need to get as many picks as possible for this strong draft and but the list hard. I’m sick of having so many average players with low talent, pick young players with talent in the draft and get rid of dead wood. It’s the only way forward

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

How can the umpiring be so bad? Even before Rankine got KO'd the umpires had no control. And then, because they are so poor, they tried to take control of the game after the hit but made bad decision after bad decision only causing more anger and chaos.

Umpiring has never been better.........

Because Tex only has one year left at most.
For starters, you said that because we are not contending there's no point playing Tex.
I respect your posting/record, but that makes no sense.
Why would you not play a TT who has a decade to play just because we won't contend in 2025?
They DO play Thilthorpe now and will again in 2025, OR did you mean another Thilthorpe-like player?
RT will become a once-in-a-generation KPF/Ruck. Where do you propose we get another? :confusedv1:
(btw, what the Crows need are mids, not another RT)
Tex is not keeping anybody out, unless you mean Gollant who showed his true AFL ability :poov1::poov1: tonight??

Many posters were calling for Tex to retire after 2020 (15-goal season) and again after 2022 ("only" 47 goals in 18 games, "too old") before he starred in 2023 with 76 goals/22games and AA selection.
27 goals this year in 17 games is not flash, but he's been injured (and played injured, not smart).
Burgess will know if Tex is capable of playing on and might well have the final say. If Burgess can get him solid and fit for 2025, who's to say Tex might not have another 40 to 55-goal year, especially if he gets better supply?

You do realise that was Crow fans booing or do you really believe that Crow fans wouldn’t have booed that hit?
So the 50 or so individuals around me in Port gear booing and waving goodbye Rankine off the ground were Crows fans in disguise were they?

The lack of teeth and the stench of Jim Beam just confirmed it…

Remove this Banner Ad

Review R23: The Good, Bad and Ugly vs. Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Back