Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Uh oh

PTSD of GF 2024

Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Reaction GIF

I turned that game on just in time to see him go down from an oppo player running next to him (basically) and get a shot on goal that he promptly sprayed oob. One of the commentators mentioned the footy gods.

Houston gets six.

Just below Webster for sheer thuggery.
I think there’s an element in it that they were going him all night. If it was a tackle that drove him into the ground and he was concussed different all together - he’s literally lined him up as he’s going back with the flight and come off the ground.

The split second decision will cost him dearly - bit like Stewart a few years back and not too far away from the old Darren Milburn clip

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does this mean Collingwood are out of the finals?
I’d say so - I’m not great at maths but it looks like even if they win next week and Carlton and Freo both lose, there’s no way they can make up the percentage difference. Which you could consider means us running them close and not allowing the blowout loss most people expected has been important to the difference between them being a shot at making finals now and not.

I think the last spot is between Carlton and Freo.

Geeze that was horrible from West Coast on their home deck, against a very undermanned Carlton.

Got 15 largely competitive sides, then 3 of the worst of all time. And all of the 3, look stuck there for the foreseeable future.

I’d say so - I’m not great at maths but it looks like even if they win next week and Carlton and Freo both lose, there’s no way they can make up the percentage difference. Which you could consider means us running them close and not allowing the blowout loss most people expected has been important to the difference between them being a shot at making finals now and not.

I think the last spot is between Carlton and Freo.
You're probably still better than me. :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Oppo Camp The Non-North Footy Discussion & Matchday Chat Thread (NNFD&MCT) IX

Remove this Banner Ad

Back