List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

I was speaking to a guy at a party on Saturday night who said that he knew of a guy who was friends with a player's mom's cousin's hairdresser who told them that someone gave them a heads up whilst they were getting a bowl cut that a well renowned high dollar player was legit coming to North.

Problem was I was pretty drunk so can't remember who it was.
These types of ‘sources’ are always the most reliable. Put your ‘house on it’ kinda reliable. How dare you tease us like this!!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can I answer it with a question in reply? if you went back to 2022, would you pass on Harry Sheezel to take Bailey Humphrey and Jacob Konstanty?
That is a rather silly comparison unless you think that there is a Harry Sheezel waiting for us at pick 2. The general consensus seems to be that there aren't any standout players at the top of this draft but that it runs very deep. It is the perfect draft to trade down.

To be fair no one knew what Harry would be, looking back I was keen on Tsatas & Wardlaw. Imagine we missed out on Harry after all the crap this club has been through 😅

I wouldn't. If I'm splitting pick 2 then I'm wanting an extra pick out of it, say 6, 13 and 20.
Yep.
Or
2 for 6+9
I doubt Richmond get all the draft picks there fans expect at this stage.
They own neither of those picks yet and may never.
The rioli trade seems very unlikely for 6 imo

With the potential delistings of Taylor, Sellers, Harvey and Drury and with CCJ and George looking unlikely to feature much in 2025 it highlights how seriously few options we have up forward.

Tall
  • Larkey
  • Teakle
  • Pink
  • Maley

Hybrid
  • Zurhaar
  • Ford
  • Durs
  • Curtis

Small
  • Hansen Jnr
  • Payne

That's 10 player for 6 positions with an average age of around 22.5 yrs assuming a position will go to a mid-forward like Sheezel. We need to bring in at least 1-2 small forwards and at least another 1-2 tall options to balance the list during this trade period.

With the potential delistings of Taylor, Sellers, Harvey and Drury and with CCJ and George looking unlikely to feature much in 2025 it highlights how seriously few options we have up forward.

Tall
  • Larkey
  • Teakle
  • Pink
  • Maley

Hybrid
  • Zurhaar
  • Ford
  • Durs
  • Curtis

Small
  • Hansen Jnr
  • Payne

That's 10 player for 6 positions with an average age of around 22.5 yrs assuming a position will go to a mid-forward like Sheezel. We need to bring in at least 1-2 small forwards and at least another 1-2 tall options to balance the list during this trade period.
Needs more Comben and there will normally be mids changing through there as well. But yes, we need more quality in both our small and tall forwards. And why we need all of CJ, Teakle, Maley & Pink, I have no idea. Keep Maley as he has some potential then pick one more and dump the other two.

Needs more Comben and there will normally be mids changing through there as well. But yes, we need more quality in both our small and tall forwards. And why we need all of CJ, Teakle, Maley & Pink, I have no idea. Keep Maley as he has some potential then pick one more and dump the other two.
If CT wants to go to saints could we go CTand 40 for pick 23

I wouldn't. If I'm splitting pick 2 then I'm wanting an extra pick out of it, say 6, 13 and 20.

I can't help but think the supertrade would dictate this one.

Eagles got 8, 12, F2, F3 for 2 plus Rioli and 40. Can basically call that 8 & 12 for 2.

In light of that, in a wide open draft, 6 and 13 is a nice return for 2.

Don’t know what this sums up better - this thread or the clubs general approach to recruiting these last few years:

1725423689412.gif

Tall
  • Larkey
  • Teakle
  • Pink
  • Maley

Hybrid
  • Zurhaar
  • Ford
  • Durs
  • Curtis

Small
  • Hansen Jnr
  • Payne

You should have W Dawson and Comben in the tall list which makes 6 (without any ruckman) and that is sufficient. Hybrids we have enough and yes we need 1 or 2 electric small forwards if you know where they are.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back