List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Tell ya...sure taking there time with the delistings - very intriguing!!

Looks like we waited until the 26th September for our first round of delistings last year (and then another batch on the 19th October).

For me it is logical we've had a couple of days of signings so farewells aren't far off but the way we're trending we could be weeks away.

That is a rather silly comparison unless you think that there is a Harry Sheezel waiting for us at pick 2. The general consensus seems to be that there aren't any standout players at the top of this draft but that it runs very deep. It is the perfect draft to trade down.
You can believe media bathwater about draft depth, generational talents, blah blah, but here's the actual statistical facts

Screenshot 2024-09-04 at 3.46.04 PM.png

That is a rather silly comparison unless you think that there is a Harry Sheezel waiting for us at pick 2. The general consensus seems to be that there aren't any standout players at the top of this draft but that it runs very deep. It is the perfect draft to trade down.
If that's the case there's no reason for Richmond to trade up to 2

A few former North players have a page called Kanga Karpentry on instagram, started as a way of preparing for life after football. Have noticed that Callan Ward and Harry Perryman have now been posted as part of the crew via their links with Preuss in Sydney. Might be some connection to North and life after football there...
I saw that as well. It could be a nice framework to see if they can be joined together here in Arden St. Perhaps Brady can cut and hammer out a deal. He is due to nail some decent talent into our club. If not we might be screwed 😎

You should have W Dawson and Comben in the tall list which makes 6 (without any ruckman) and that is sufficient. Hybrids we have enough and yes we need 1 or 2 electric small forwards if you know where they are.
My personal preference is for them to both down back next season, IMO they both have elite traits to play defensive roles.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

can I answer it with a question in reply? if you went back to 2022, would you pass on Harry Sheezel to take Bailey Humphrey and Jacob Konstanty?
But that's not a the proper comparison. It's would we miss out on Harry to choose any one of the players that were available at 6 and any one of the players that were still available at 9 in that year. (I wouldn't swap Harry for anything, but he's a f'n unicorn).

If we think there is another Harry (or George) then no. If there is a lot of similar next level talents than yes, two chances being better that one. Then its do we have faith in our talent selection at any pick?

You can believe media bathwater about draft depth, generational talents, blah blah, but here's the actual statistical facts

View attachment 2100431
Your 'actual statistical facts' suggest Pick 7 is much better than Pick 6. I'm not so easily convinced.

It isn't just the media saying this is an even draft without an elite top end. It is basically every draft watcher and list manager as well. Last year virtually everyone had Reid way in front, followed by Walter and McKercher as a clear top three. This year is different. The various watchers have 5 or 6 different players ranked in the top two. If Pick 2 is such a must have, who is it?

So do all these signings mean we're keeping the extra list spots? It has to right, but I haven't seen it confirmed.

Does anyone know?
Not necessarily. We currently have Teakle, Maley, Payne, RHJ and Kal Dawson signed as rookies.
We could add another rookie under the normal rules for a max of 6, but that means 36 only on the main list.

FOS has had a pretty good body of work in the bank, injuries hurt him this year.

2022 under 16 AA team, 2023 under AA team as an underage player.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 Trade & List Management Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Back