Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Massimo D'Ambrosio

Remove this Banner Ad

But Call me Cake told me he was soft and needs to work on the defensive side of his game. Forget what he's shown us throughout this entire season, it's only what happened in 2022 and 2023 that counts.

Edit: if we are going to call him a cake, then it would have to be one of those really dense pound cakes.

1725773354062.png

That's the best thing about Mass.

For the next ten years whatever pleasure us supporters get from watching him rip it up on the wing for the next 10 years for the Hawks will be multiplied by a factor of 3 in the knowledge that the Essendon flogs will still be kicking themselves for letting him go for nothing.

I think we should get more Essendon discards for this reason, it really is a most delightful feeling

I feel he could end up being able to play inside and outside.

Was talking to a 55+ Collingwood chap on the train ride home who has been around footy circles for a long time.

He mentioned that Massimo would be the recruit of the year if he had gone to Essendon rather than departed them. Was adamant that the media hysteria (read Herald Sun) would have also seen him get an AA wing.

Apparently his old man was also a very good footballer who won a Best and fairest playing in the western suburbs.

That's the best thing about Mass.

For the next ten years whatever pleasure us supporters get from watching him rip it up on the wing for the next 10 years for the Hawks will be multiplied by a factor of 3 in the knowledge that the Essendon flogs will still be kicking themselves for letting him go for nothing.

I think we should get more Essendon discards for this reason, it really is a most delightful feeling 😁

I'll be forever grateful to them for taking a clapped out Mark Williams off our hands, facilitating the Shaun Burgoyne trade. :D

Funnily enough his full name sounds like a wizard's spell from harry potter.

Nick Watson in the forward line waves a wand and says "Massimo D'Ambrosio!" and the ball appears out of the night time sky, because it's come from the defensive 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Welcome Welcome to Hawthorn : Massimo D'Ambrosio

Remove this Banner Ad

Back