Rumour Jack Luk-no-sius

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't think it is about melting on this.

i just read he is in Rozees wedding party, so yeah that complicates things.

But the AFC is or atleast used to be, the premier sporting club in the state, we should be understanding why players don't choose us.

You'd also be hard pressed to find anyone who wouldn't think he is first 22 at either Port or the Crows, sure the cost/benefit of that best 22 player is going to be debated, but as it stands Port have, assuming this goes through, improved their best 22 at a rate at least equal to ours.. they finished 4th. We finished 15.

Lets hope that organic growth is supercharged.

Port have made three prelims in five seasons, we haven't made finals for seven seasons.

Port have modern, world-class club facilities, we're stuck at a dustbowl at West Lakes.

It's not at all surprising that Port is a more attractive destination right now. Thebarton can't come soon enough and we desperately need to return to the finals if we want to attract more players.

Possible sliding doors moment here.

We get Luko and it costs us F1 in any form and it makes next years draft at the pointy end moot unless we lose a player of real value.

We DON'T get Luko, retain our F1, and next year can look to try and bring our 2026 1st in + whatever else we can to try and get in a position to draft Dyson Sharp

Port have made three prelims in five seasons, we haven't made finals for seven seasons.

Port have modern, world-class club facilities, we're stuck at a dustbowl at West Lakes.

It's not at all surprising that Port is a more attractive destination right now. Thebarton can't come soon enough and we desperately need to return to the finals if we want to attract more players.
I genuinely hope it's down to that.

To be fair it is a good representation of where the club is at.

They were also bold in giving Ratugolea a 5 year / 800k per year contract

Now they are stuck with a player that can’t play forward or back, with little football IQ

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
And? They've had plenty of busts that isn't the point. They've always been actively recruiting. Also too early to really tell on Ratugolea, they might find him a good spot with better players around him.

The point is we can hardly sit in an ivory tower bagging them especially when our tower sits many positions below theirs.

And we have plenty of skeletons in our list management closet too. Some our greatest busts in the last 6 or 7 years include the Gibbs deal and those fat contracts for Sloane and Laird. Not even including the drafting of Jones/McHenry/McAsey.

Remember when Ryan Burton was a sensational backman for Hawthorn? Remember when Port requested him in a trade and he was reluctant to leave the Hawks? Remember his career at the Pear?

I’m hoping for a similar scenario :p

Hawthorn trained in very similar facilities at Waverley.

Thebby or lack there of would be a factor, but the guy probably wants to win and unfortuntely he's more likely to do that (in H&A season) there.

I'd rather our f1 than luko, so if that was the deal then I'm glad we missed out.

But I think West Lakes works against us big time, the sooner we move to a proper suburban footy club with first class facilities the better.

This is a huge factor IMO.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Spot on, the place is a waste land even compared to alberton.

Luckily Dawson and Rankine choose us then........

I don't think that's necessarily correct. They'll probably get Cumming, have Farrell back and I wouldn't be surprised if Rozee is reinvented as a half back. I don't think his midfield game translates to what's required in finals. Where I agree is that Ken is going to need to change the strategy from the idiotic kick to a contest if Luko is going to be ahead of the ball. If you're not going to use him leading up, then he'll be of little use. A bit like when Nix had us constantly kicking deep inside 50 to contests so we could defend turnover better rather than hitting up one of the best kicks from 50 the game has seen.
chucked more at luko cos they not getting perryman or cumming is the most likely.

If you compare Luko to Rankine during their time at the Suns, Luko has been a lot better

Rankine became a star since arriving at us, there's a chance Luko will improve as well, as a lot of players do leaving Gold Coast

I'll be pretty annoyed if Port pay less for a contracted Luko with better exposed form than we did for Rankine

100% we pulled out of redman. thank god. the other two fair enough.
Whilst on paper it certainly looks that way and while he’s far from consistent Essendon totally screw him with how they require him to play so deep in their defence which can be an absolute shitshow at times, would’ve been a fine player playing as a running halfback in the Crows system where he wouldn’t have been required to play a lockdown role.
If you were Hayward would you leave the Swans given their list? Money can't buy a premiership

If they hit a bad patch he can always play the go home card.

I don't think you can blame Reid. We can clearly offer big money.

It's more Nicks and the football department. Luko was always going to the most likely team to play finals.

Redman and Hayward were only ever longshots, both were happy enough to stay.
That just proves the point I was making, yes both were really unlikely to move in the first place but the club and Reid still had to put nearly all their resources into trying to convince them to move mainly because of the club’s position/singular viewpoint (whether correct or not) is because of the South Australian ties they were their only desperate hope of dragging anything through the door. At what point does this become a truely tedious exercise trying to continually get these SA players back and getting denied even by them?

Whilst it may be the only way to albeit rarely get players to the club in its current position it is proving now to be just as much of a disheartening waste of time and resources as if these players weren’t from South Australia.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would have been a very handy get for us depending on the price.

Downplaying his ability and value as a player in any team is a fool's game.

Would much prefer to have him than not.

Yeah it means naught about what WE thought his value would be, it would be where he sees himself positionally. I really don't doubt that Port were simply able to sell him a future of him in the forward line, we couldn't. Its not that hard to see

Adelaide United bring in players from interstate and overseas all the time and they train at…Elizabeth.
Tinpot league though. What’s their wages or salary cap?
(Yes I realise where the afl sits on a global scale)

Yep Port have always been a destination club, same with Gold Coast, Geelong and a few others.

If Dan stays and I think he will stay. They are probably going to be almost unstoppable in 2025, but we'll see the true Port when September arrives. They have underachieved for 20 years.

If you compare Luko to Rankine during their time at the Suns, Luko has been a lot better

Rankine became a star since arriving at us, there's a chance Luko will improve as well, as a lot of players do leaving Gold Coast

I'll be pretty annoyed if Port pay less for a contracted Luko with better exposed form than we did for Rankine
Paying 5 for Rankine is such ridiculousness.

Rankine's 2nd half form was excellent the year he requested a trade to us.
1727144204206.png

I'd argure our actual facilities are still very decent, it's more so the surroundings around West Lakes.
Potential incoming players will also know that Thebarton is happening soon and that shouldn't be a deterrent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Jack Luk-no-sius

Remove this Banner Ad

Back