Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumor summary September 30
  • Cal Twomey confirms we are interested in James Peatling (link)
  • FiveAA claims we are after Scott Borlace, current Head of Development at Brisbane (link)
  • Claims of Rory Sloane heading to Melbourne Demons as a development coach
  • Inside Trading suggests we are interested in Gold Coast's pick 12 (link)
  • Inside Trading also suggests Clayton Oliver is possibly back on the trade table, but doesn't link him to any specific clubs

Last edited:
What are the 6 spots that available? I’m trying to get my head around it.
Sloane, Gollant, McHenry, Himmleberg.
Hamill and Parnell from the rookie list and put Smith/Walker there?
Schoenberg?
I think I read earlier today that Smith is not contracted for next season despite everyone thinking he had reached a trigger in his contract.

I notice you didnt criticise the post I got the info from
I didn't look to see what it was. I just saw you going off with a half-cocked hissy-fit, as usual.

In any case, I've addressed the issues you were hissy-fitting over before.

What are the 6 spots that are available? I’m trying to get my head around it.
Sloane, Gollant, McHenry, Himmleberg.
Hamill and Parnell from the rookie list and put Smith/Walker there?
Schoenberg?
Currently uncontracted players are:
  • McHenry
  • Gollant
  • Parnell (R)
  • Himmelberg
  • Hamill (R)
  • Burgess (maybe)
  • Sloane
  • Smith (maybe)
Delisting both Parnell & Hamill allows us to move a player from the senior list to the rookie list (via delisting & re-drafting).

There's enough flexibility there to make 3x ND selections (pick #4, Welsh, plus one other), as well as bringing in ANB, Cumming and one other player via trade or free agency.

If we're interested in pick 12, we are definitely trading out or delisting a contracted player. We do not have the list spots to bring in ANB/Cumming/Peatling and 4/12/Welsh. Not even Welsh as a rookie.
Schoenberg would be one of them you'd imagine if we paid out a contracted player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How would we actually make that happen
We currently own pick 25, 42 and 60. We could trade these 3 picks to the suns for pick 12. Works out almost the same points wise.

Suns would probably only do that though if they were to get more points. So would mean we would need to get our hands on another pick this year somehow.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation Part 2 (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back