List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The main issue I believe from those seen as “negative” is the club have talked about it being done and looking to trade in, not continue to hit the draft.
Nicks coaching for long periods has looked to be coaching for immediate wins not looking at the long term.
I think the average punter can put up with low results if they can see improvement, right now that’s hard to see.
If we're being honest, most of the improvement since 2020 came from Tex himself getting back to his absolute best.

Without him we win the spoon again in 2021 and possibly in 2022 as well. This year he struggled with injury (age?) and the team sucked.

Dawson has been a brilliant pickup also, but was developed at another club.

Rankine as well, but is still yet to put an AA season together.

Other than Soligo and Fog this year, most of our younger players have only been playing peripheral roles. Bringing in a draftee to replace McHenry or Murphy won't have a huge impact on our fortunes, but more importantly we need to replace our ageing senior players such as Laird, Smith and eventually Crouch.

I'm not sure Nicks knows how to do the last bit. We were saved from ourselves in terms of picking Sloane this year, with his injury ruling him out.

Of course the club should have known it would take 8-10 years if they had bothered to research how other clubs executed successful rebuilds.

I wonder if our list management and coaching decisions have been made with 2028 to 2030 in mind?
Yes they knew a rebuild is not linear .....no, they haven't planned on 2028

They planned for this year, and they had the list .....too many road bumps though, personnel wise .... Vader has been spot on with his assessment

So if I say he’s on $600k, I don’t need to back it up? You’re claiming it’s not near $1m, where’s your evidence?
if you are right the compo will be pick 15/16 so we will easily know. 1m is band 1 not band 2. if its a pick in the 30s we will know you're wrong.

I just don't see how we progress given what we've been doing

We're going to get progressively younger when we're supposedly coming out the other side of a 5 year rebuild

But our core group of 12 or so is getting games together and becoming “old enough”. Two more seasons and most of those boys will 80 plus games and they won’t need all of the older heads

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If we're being honest, most of the improvement since 2020 came from Tex himself getting back to his absolute best.

Without him we win the spoon again in 2021 and possibly in 2022 as well. This year he struggled with injury (age?) and the team sucked.

Dawson has been a brilliant pickup also, but was developed at another club.

Rankine as well, but is still yet to put an AA season together.

Other than Soligo and Fog this year, most of our younger players have only been playing peripheral roles. Bringing in a draftee to replace McHenry or Murphy won't have a huge impact on our fortunes, but more importantly we need to replace our ageing senior players such as Laird, Smith and eventually Crouch.

I'm not sure Nicks knows how to do the last bit. We were saved from ourselves in terms of picking Sloane this year, with his injury ruling him out.
I at least think Smith is relegated to depth now, especially with Cumming being brought in. Hinge clearly won't fall out at any point, and Nicks seems to like Nank too, so I don't think he'll fall victim to senior player prioritisation, now

I'm not nearly as confident with Laird. The club seems to think the sun shines out of his arse, for some reason - there was a reason (and not a good one) we sent him out to shit on Rash, he's a 'valued senior contributor'. I do have hope he'll be phased out like Smith was eventually... but how soon that is, I'm not holding my breath

Crouch, ehh, I'm happy if he sticks around for another year in the 22. Move him on once his contract's ended though, surely a team like Geelong could use him

Can't believe we are set on trading pick 25 for a 29 year old. Dumb decision.
Someone on X who called Cumming had select us a few days before he did mentioned we've change to offering our F2, giving up pick 25 for ANB especially this draft is crazy, even other supporters and some Melbourne supporters think it's crazy.

Apparently I’m banned from the rumour page because i say someone on an anonymous footy forum doesn’t really have a source.

But when the rumour is found to be invalid after all your joyful celebrations, nothing happened.

ill leave you too it. Enjoy your rumours.

Apparently I’m banned from the rumour page because i say someone on an anonymous footy forum doesn’t really have a source.

But when the rumour is found to be invalid after all your joyful celebrations, nothing happened.

ill leave you too it. Enjoy your rumours.
You dont know that at all

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talk that may change

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
IF the F2 was earmarked for Lukosius ....you can understand the change from this years R2 ....to next years R2

Don't think MELB will be impressed, and will push back .....reality though, they're not in a strong position.

MELB targeted McAdam .....we did not target ANB ....there's your difference in trade value

Someone on X who called Cumming had select us a few days before he did mentioned we've change to offering our F2, giving up pick 25 for ANB especially this draft is crazy, even other supporters and some Melbourne supporters think it's crazy.
That guy also said Cumming did his medical with us and Port the day after Cumming flew out

He's just saying stuff on the fly

Richmond was kind of a joke - they were pretty terrible from 1981 to 2015, but that's certainly not one rebuild ...
Yeah - I get that they were irrelevant and sh*t since the early 80's

The point I was trying to make is that the list that went onto win their premierships started at the bottom of the ladder and was built around 4 early draft picks and took a decade to salute

IF the F2 was earmarked for Lukosius ....you can understand the change from this years R2 ....to next years R2

Don't think MELB will be impressed, and will push back .....reality though, they're not in a strong position.

MELB targeted McAdam .....we did not target ANB ....there's your difference in trade value
What does Melbourne do if we only offer an F2?

Say no and expect ANB to retire?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back