Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Making Free Agency Move To WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

All Of Presidents Animation GIF by chris timmons

Thanks JGTI for your past efforts , times move quickly .

Here’s to our future

Rolling On My Way GIF by Pudgy Penguins

Brandon Ellis scored a 5 year deal with the Suns which was expected to yield an end of 1st round pick.

We ended up with band 4 compo which was an end of 2nd round pick.

Be prepared to be reamed again
Ellis got us Band 3 compo, it's just that given where we finished, Band 3 & Band 4 was essentially the same thing

Yeah I was equally as disappointed with Ellis's compo but it wasn't helped by us winning the flag that year. On the other hand, band 3 will net us an incredible return.

On ya Jack. Career was defined by the 19 prelim. Most pressure acts on the ground with a shoulder hanging out. All the best for the rest of your career at West Coast.
Brave as he was I find that fact hard to believe for a guy that had 7 touches, only 160m gained and him and JR8 having the lowest disposal efficiency of the game.......61minutes game time and equal 5th in tackles emphasises his gritty and gutsy performance tho, would have been inspirational for his teammates. Cotch rightly made and example of him.

Still nothing up on the Trade Tracker so I’ll have another sleepless night until I see the trade offical.

You just know they've had a crisis meeting debating pros and cons of band 3 or 4 for us.... the pathetic Josh Battle salary of $850k netting the aints a 1st rounder pick 8 would've had 17 clubs on the phone to AFL house complaining. If they're consistent we get band 3....... but this is the only amateur hour comp in the world run by DEI imbeciles who make rule changes on a Thursday night to be implemented and adjudicated the following night. After the Ellis debacle that lead to a lesser contract to Motlop a year later leading to a superior 1st rounder surely we get band 3????? It's moments like this that makes me wish Gale had swallowed his pride and taken the 2IC role instead of the grossly incompetent Laura Kane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brave as he was I find that fact hard to believe for a guy that had 7 touches, only 160m gained and him and JR8 having the lowest disposal efficiency of the game.......61minutes game time and equal 5th in tackles emphasises his gritty and gutsy performance tho, would have been inspirational for his teammates. Cotch rightly made and example of him.

As the immortal KB says: it's hard to tackle when you're the one who's actually won the pill. Taranto is the rare breed beast who can either win the pill or smash in and tackle. 2023 was common to see him lead both our possession and tackle count. Graham gets high tackle numbers owing to the fact he doesn't in fact have the pill in the hand and is second to the ball. Like MRJ his tackles usually stick as he's running at full speed to a stationary player that's basically a sitting duck. Unlike MRJ Graham couldn't rundown anyone bar the galloping gasometer..... even then only just.

God this shoulder injury has been immortalised around here reminiscent of those yank ww2 "heroes" who single handedly took on and defeated an entire SS division, when reality was they were washing skidmarks out of jocks the duration of the war.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #34: Jack Graham - Making Free Agency Move To WCE

Remove this Banner Ad

Back