Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

The latest social media posting suggests Collingwood will still have a first in this draft while getting Houston as well. I’m so confused. Richard’s and noble are that good. lol.
The idea in the article is that Collingwood will give a future first and Noble for #13 and #23 from the Suns. They will then send #13 and Richards for Houston and retain #23 to use in the draft. Issue is in no universe would Suns/Power accept those deals. Article does mention they are at an "impasse"

Here’s how I look at it, if all the trusted figures are overseeing this trade period and all are A-OK with us going about this Houston trade as we are, then I’m backing the club.

A unified Carlton, with a bit more luck on the injury front and most importantly more faith in the kids we have can absolutely be a premiership threat next season.

Not a shadow of a doubt in my mind.

Houston would be amazing, don’t get me wrong, but I’m completely at peace with whichever way the cards fall and you all should be too.

The latest social media posting suggests Collingwood will still have a first in this draft while getting Houston as well. I’m so confused. Richard’s and noble are that good. lol.

23 technically is a 1st rounder this year, essentially Pies are hoping Port will accept 13 + Richards

Maybe controversial opinion but I am not all in on the Houston train.

Surely there is a better defender that we can get out of this?
So, better than a dual AA, who is basically offering himself up to us whilst keeping our competition guessing?
Sure. Stacks of them.

Maybe controversial opinion but I am not all in on the Houston train.

Surely there is a better defender that we can get out of this?
Agreed, in 2 years he'll be slow as shit, already slow and doesn't defend well, just kicks well. Won't be able to keep up with the kids.

Pies can have him. We have Newman, Doc and Saad as senior heads off half back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we go all out for a premiership over the next 2-3 yrs, then crash back down, rebuild all over again for the next decade, or do we get draft picks, and set ourselves up to be a top 8 team for the next decade?

I'd rather we go to the draft, competition is so even these days, aim to be a team that consistently plays finals every year...

Is Richards ordinary ?
He’s 25, has played 9 games in his career and kicked 6 goals

His trade value is a bag of chips. That Collingwood “offer” in the The Age is just as “delusional” as the one we got lambasted for 🤣

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back