Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Does anyone really know? Feels like everyday it changes and media are just speculating/guessing. Until Houston/His Manager/Port or Carlton come out and say something offical I'll just take it with a grain of salt.

No point stressing about it, don't blame port for asking for a decent return for him. Houston is a very good player, given our stance on wanting to keep our first round pick will be pretty hard to satisfy them.

Maybe controversial opinion but I am not all in on the Houston train.

Surely there is a better defender that we can get out of this?

Technically he’s a defender but he’s more a defensive midfielder who averages almost 30 touches and can kick the ball better than anyone we have in our entire squad.

He’s also a dual All Australian and more impotently…he’s durable!

Does anyone really know? Feels like everyday it changes and media are just speculating/guessing. Until Houston/His Manager/Port or Carlton come out and say something offical I'll just take it with a grain of salt.

No point stressing about it, don't blame port for asking for a decent return for him. Houston is a very good player, given our stance on wanting to keep our first round pick will be pretty hard to satisfy them.

Don't believe most people are stressing, more intriguing how things might play out

It says preferred it doesn’t say he’s nominated them. Also says they’re at an impasse.

Houston preferred the Blues the other day if you believe the media.
We'll know when it's done.
I still think once the club dropped the news about GW it was to soften the blow re Houston going to the pies.

I feel like if indeed Houston has now swung in favour of going to the pies, then can’t really see that boding well for us. Feels like pies can facilitate the deal a lot easier than we can imo

A bit the opposite really, we have the picks to get the deal done right now, Collingwood dont, we are choosing not to prioritise Houston and take a different path, I doubt we change our tune but if we did wed be able to get it done quick.

A bit the opposite really, we have the picks to get the deal done right now, Collingwood dont, we are choosing not to prioritise Houston and take a different path, I doubt we change our tune but if we did wed be able to get it done quick.
Yeah spot on dd, I was more erasing pick 12 out of the senario, as seems like we won’t give it up going off numerous reports 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Suns don’t want that first rounder this year, they want future picks. They have an Academy kid who will attract an early bid.
Make It Stop The Office GIF

I'd be thrilled if we took two top 15 picks to the draft this year + Campo twins. I think adding a few energetic, talented young players to our list will give us the boost we need.

No doubt, Houston would be a great signing for the Pies (if it happens) but I'm not sure he's perfect for us.

Either way, we can't lose.

On Pixel 7a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hi guys what's the go with Lewis Young looked not to bad last season ?

He was good/ok in the first couple of rounds minus Weitering...

Once Weiters came back, Young looked lost... had a multitude of poor performances until his biggest stinker came against the Pies first time we played them...

From there he was dropped and could not get back in after that performance...

Until we played Port at Marvel and Harry was a late withdrawal. So we played him forward/ruck in Harry's place... to no one's surprise, he didn't perform in that role. If there was one game we should have played him in the back line, that was it. Voss was so hesitant to make that move after his performances earlier in the season that he resorted to taking a gamble and giving him Harry's role.

Young to his credit, looked a lot better in his last couple of games playing as a KPD again alongside Weiters.

Plus we get a heap of young talent and have a much better list with SC room to get in guns over next few years
Agree. Houston isn't a game changer and the cost is too much. Add some much needed young talent to not bottom out when tassie enters. Use any spare salary cap space to bring forward some payments on longer term deals.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bluemour Discussion XXXVI - 'Loopy' Season in full swing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back