List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

I love how Ralph says we need to relent yet the Power need a first rounder in to get a contracted player out of the suns and the suns are trying to get a contracted player from us but they don’t need to do anything but squeeze us?

He’s become such a knob this trade period with his cheer leading

No, Ralph was already on the podium when it keeps to being a gigantic knob. It's just been the astounding performances from Edmo and Corn that have allowed Ralph to fly under the radar.

KEY MEETINGS PAVE WAY FOR HOUSTON PIES MOVE
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/journalists/jon-ralph
Collingwood is still the resounding favourite to secure Dan Houston as it is urged to hand over pick 23 as well as No.13 to secure the dual All Australian Port Adelaide defender.
Carlton has now all but been ruled out of the race for Houston given its determination to return to the draft, with extensive meetings on Wednesday between Houston’s management, Port Adelaide and Collingwood.
North Melbourne is still in a distant second place but not officially out of the race given it is prepared to hand over a future first-rounder for Houston.

The 27-year-old is keen to play for Collingwood and if the Pies relent on some of their trade demands they will get that deal done by the end of the trade period.
Collingwood in box seat for Dan Houston
He has not officially declared he wants to play for the Pies given he needs to keep his options open but Collingwood is confident he is their preferred destination.
Collingwood would like to hand over John Noble and the Pies future first-rounder for Gold Coast’s picks 13 and 23, but the Suns are not happy with that deal.

In the end the Pies might have to hand over another later selection to get that deal done.
But if the Pies secured this year’s 13 and 23 they could hand them to the Power for Houston, who would accept that deal along with Collingwood’s Joe Richards.
So while the Pies might feel they are handing over too much for Houston, the net gain of their trade period would be securing two ready-made players while they were in the window.
They have secured GWS defender Harry Perryman as a free agent.

The Pies know their future first-rounder next year might start at pick 15 but be blown out by up to 10 spots given the avalanche of academy prospects which will be bid on by northern states clubs.
Clubs are already preparing for the academy prospects to dominate early selections given their strong form in recent national championships for the Allies side.
Sinserely hope there's an intern there to wipe his keyboard dry for him...

I love how Ralph says we need to relent yet the Power need a first rounder in to get a contracted player out of the suns and the suns are trying to get a contracted player from us but they don’t need to do anything but squeeze us?

He’s become such a knob this trade period with his cheer leading
Whenever I see a Ralph tweet or article quoted here, an image of a crying baby comes to mind.
The bloke just comes across as a massive sook.

Off topic, can Bailey Smith go into the main draft? Or is it the pre season draft only.

I'm a big boy but I get what you're saying.
My concern is that we don't have that big bodied full forward, ala McKay, Curnow, Daniher, Allen, Larky...so on.

While some may consider him undersized for the role, I think McStay is that person personally

We saw it in last year's finals

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Journos never make stuff up, they have managers, club officials and list managers, recruiters all of them on speed dial.

They are drip fed information, usually wrong, to be able to engineer the outcome they want. Surely you can see how this game is played.

Edmund is working for the Blues to force us to stump up extra capital, and if we don't they can then try to get a deal done. With every mention of the Blues being in the race, Peppa knows he needs to relent and close the deal.

That is what is happening and don't get sucked in by what is being said, its all orchestrated to get the outcome they want, they being Port Adelaide.

Can’t help but feel if the deal is 13,23 and Richards then that is a substantial overpay. Hope it doesn’t come to that.
If it gets us another flag I don't care.

This is what Carlton seem to be missing.
They have a 2 x AA player wanting to come to them but they don't want to take a risk. It's not like they finished top 4 and just need some luck. They need to improve their list.

I'm a big boy but I get what you're saying.
My concern is that we don't have that big bodied full forward, ala McKay, Curnow, Daniher, Allen, Larky...so on.

McStay fits that mould just not as prolific on the scoreboard as those guys. But as far as making a tall contest and strong mark he ticks it.
Just need him to stay fit with Mihocek at teh same time.

My silly ideas

give them 13 Richards and Fin!

Or 13 Richards and 29

Or

13 Richards 23 to get back a F2

At the end of the day negotiations are drilling down to the fine details so whatever happens happens. If the have to pay up then whatever…. You don’t win premierships at the trade table, you win them out on the field.

Prospective best 23 (IMHO), including current age with over 30s highlighted. That group doesn't seem like it will fall off a cliff, we do need some of Allan, DeM, Parker, Jiath, Smit, Dean maybe even McInnes or Eyre to come on.
FBMaynard28Frampton27Quaynor24
HBHouston27Moore28Howe34
CDaicos25DeGoey28Lipinski26
HFHill24McStay29Schultz26
FFElliott32Miocek31McReery23
FollCameron29Daicos21Crisp31
IntPerryman25Mitchell31Pendlebury36WHE31
SubSidebottom33

Can’t help but feel if the deal is 13,23 and Richards then that is a substantial overpay. Hope it doesn’t come to that.
The Houston deal will most likely be picks 13, 23 + Richards - Which is about right

Unless we trade someone who is work picks 5 - 25 we are taking picks 52, 55 to the draft

Maybe Fin nets us 45-55 at best

I think everyone needs to be prepared come draft season haha

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back