List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

You can say it’s a bit ridiculous to assume Kane is trying to steer Dan away by tearing through us on radio but I honestly believe that’s what he’s doing…
Would not shock me at all

Collingwood have the whip hand?
No they don’t. This idiot should be salty at Carlton and their refusal to give up pick 12 which would have got this done days ago.

If it wasn’t for Carltons stubbornness they would have had him already, especially if Carlton was his preference.

But they wanted to **** around and got found out.

In yesterdays Age it stated the AFL have told Port they don’t need approval to trade their F1 and can do it.
I've only seen that "they have to" give approval.

Having said that, i think it will be a simple matter for them to tick it off. Cats have precedence here (albeit they had 2 year 2 players when they applied for it and port only have 1).

But by doing so, it will force them to keep & use their F1 next year, so i'm assuming Port are not entertaining that idea unless they have to.

I don’t like pile ons so I’ll do my best not to contribute to the one you’re currently copping.

But this feels like a fairly pessimistic view of the forward line.

Even with all the injuries and inconsistency the forward line suffered this year, combined with the terrible midfield delivery and lack of opportunity, our forward line was actually one of the most efficient in the comp.

If feels like you’re basing this view purely on the names on paper as opposed to taking into account how our structure and system works

It’s why you’ll most likely never see us chase a big name forward. We most likely feel we don’t need one with the way we play
I'm a big boy but I get what you're saying.
My concern is that we don't have that big bodied full forward, ala McKay, Curnow, Daniher, Allen, Larky...so on.

Nothing wrong with Edmund being a Blues fan and showing his bias... as long as that bias is divulged, which it has been for a long time.

Let's not throw rocks in our 'Collingwood President commentating Collingwood games for years' glass house ;)

We have days of back and forward and manufactured drama to eek our way through here.. try not to get sucked in.

Molly, I remember reef had a purple patch in the VFL during the end of 23, where he was marking and kicking goals from everything. It was great viewing. I thought he was going to have a break out season in 24, It just didn’t eventuate. He was very poor in the vfl, or atleast poor compared to what he needed to produce. We all hope he comes on, but there’s only so much time one can get. Gut feel says he gets one more. Will see

This. Reef wasn't hard done by in 2024. He simply didn't grasp his chances.

His ceiling is possibly A grade but if we don't see it in 2025 then he could spat out of the system very quickly.

Nothing wrong with Edmund being a Blues fan and showing his bias... as long as that bias is divulged, which it has been for a long time.

Let's not throw rocks in our 'Collingwood President commentating Collingwood games for years' glass house ;)

We have days of back and forward and manufactured drama to eek our way through here.. try not to get sucked in.
Eddie was harassed by the rest of the media for doing so but did we hear anything when James Brayshaw (former North Pres.), Luke Darcy (father of a player), etc. did the same thing?

I'm a big boy but I get what you're saying.
My concern is that we don't have that big bodied full forward, ala McKay, Curnow, Daniher, Allen, Larky...so on.
There’s many ways to skin a cat and many ways to win a premiership. There’s one premiership between that list of players and that was this year. And in fact only two grand finals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah.

He's a c*nt.

Can I just remind Sam also that it was Melbourne and NOT Carlton who was his original preference.

Not so sure his allegiance to the scum is as strong as he thinks.

Eddie was harassed by the rest of the media for doing so but did we hear anything when James Brayshaw (former North Pres.), Luke Darcy (father of a player), etc. did the same thing?

I certainly heard the same thing for both. Maybe we run in different circles and read different things.

Obviously their criticism was not to the same extent, but that's because Ed broke ground in that regard and was the first to do it... in addition to being one of the biggest football personalities at the time.

In many ways, Ed was a key figure in normalising and celebrating bias and passion for a team in football media.

That passion has its pros and cons, but I do find myself pining for the days of the secular Mike Sheahans of the world.

I actually like the bias, if the person is actually aware of it and almost overt in their use of it.

Ian Smith is probably my fav sport commentator because when NZ play he applauds good play, but is so over the top one sided that it allows the rest of the commentary team to play on it.
it absolutely adds to the spectacle IMO.

I doubt Fin will find a club wanting to take him. I expect he’ll see out his current contract in our VFL side before being delisted. He’s Cal Brown v2.0. As vanilla as they come.

Makes me wonder what Hine saw in him, other than a successful older brother.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

His brother is also vanilla but more the French vanilla kind.

I certainly heard the same thing for both. Maybe we run in different circles and read different things.

Obviously their criticism was not to the same extent, but that's because Ed broke ground in that regard and was the first to do it... in addition to being one of the biggest football personalities at the time.

In many ways, Ed was a key figure in normalising and celebrating bias and passion for a team in football media.

That passion has its pros and cons, but I do find myself pining for the days of the secular Mike Sheahans of the world.
Completely off topic by me, but in a time of year like this when we all go off topic mike sheehan was a great journalist.

Open Mike is still one of my favourite shows on tv.

Anyway back to all these trades coming through thick and fast 😉

Completely off topic by me, but in a time of year like this when we all go off topic mike sheehan was a great journalist.

Open Mike is still one of my favourite shows on tv.

Anyway back to all these trades coming through thick and fast 😉
Absolutely diabolical that Fox Footy has not developed a replacement for Open Mike.

Switches on trade radio.

Adam Cooney suggesting Bulldogs try and get Dan Houston and/or Pick 13.

Switches off trade radio.

Jon Ralph reporting that Carlton has been all but ruled out for Houston. North still in a distant second place. But there were extensive meetings between Collingwood, Port and Houston's management yesterday.
It’s been bleedingly obvious for a while that Carlton were going to struggle but the news in recent days they were trying to find trades for good players like Kennedy and owies tells me they also didn’t really have the cap room for Houston. Probably partly why they want to keep pick 12, draftees are cheaper!

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back