List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Given GC do have a highly rated academy player this year points accrued or diminished can actually factor in when discussing any deal. My pet peeve is when it has no relevance to any trade and the media discuss it like it does.

So crunching some numbers.....

If our current offer is Noble, Future 1st for 13 and 23 then....

Noble, Future 1st, 52 for 13, 23, 78. This gains GC 246pts and when deducted from the points assigned to pick 23 (815) effectively means they're paying the equivalent of pick 33 for Noble.

Noble, Future 1st, 52, 55 for 13, 23, 78. Pick 52 and 55 combined is worth 453pts or equivalent to pick 39. The price paid for Noble is now pick 44.

Noble, Future 1st, 52, 55 for 13, 23, 50, 78. Pick 52 and 55 combined is worth 180pts more than 50. The price paid for Noble is now 30.

Noble, Future 1st, 36, 52, 55 for 13, 23, 29, 78. 36,52 and 55 combined is worth 302pts more than 29. The price paid for Noble is 36.

The first 3 proposals are designed to try and stop us having to part with 36 by essentially providing Noble at a discount below pick 23.

The last proposal also provides a discount on Noble but has us armed with another top 30 selection. I don't believe it'll be attainable but they only way I could see us standing any chance of holding pick 23 would be by securing 29 also. Richards would then have to be exchanged for basically free or at a discounted price of 58.

I have been critical or Derek Hine but I gotta say I feel a lot of sympathy for him
Yeah, makes it tough for him when the club doesn't give him good picks.
Hopefully some sliders wherever our first pick falls.Given the depth, that's possible.

Saad wouldn’t be worth that these days which is crazy
The scum are good at overpaying for overrated players.
They were supposedly paying Zac Williams $750K a year when they traded him in 2020, which would probably be over a million in 2024.
Lets hope they keep going that way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the cliff will come in 2026/7.

But right now we are in it.

I actually think our moves this year help PREVENT a cliff coming in 2026/7. If we continue on our current natural evolution there would be a natural cliff around 2026/7 as the current core of JDG, Moore, Maynard move past their peak into their 30s, and we have a dearth of talent in that next age cohort of 26-28 (ie Jaicos, Schultz, Noble, Lipinski, Frampton)

By bringing in Perryman and Houston, and to an extent Schultz last year, we suddenly bolster that age cohort where we had a massive gap. Houston is elite and I'd be much more confident of Houston, Jaicos, Perryman filling the shoes of JDG, Moore, Maynard than what we currently have.

Meanwhile we'll continue to have Naicos as our version of Dustin Martin/Dangerfield/Neale/Cripps to carry us for the next 10 years.

I actually think our moves this year help PREVENT a cliff coming in 2026/7. If we continue on our current natural evolution there would be a natural cliff around 2026/7 as the current core of JDG, Moore, Maynard move past their peak into their 30s, and we have a dearth of talent in that next age cohort of 26-28 (ie Jaicos, Schultz, Noble, Lipinski, Frampton)

By bringing in Perryman and Houston, and to an extent Schultz last year, we suddenly bolster that age cohort where we had a massive gap. Houston is elite and I'd be much more confident of Houston, Jaicos, Perryman filling the shoes of JDG, Moore, Maynard than what we currently have.

Meanwhile we'll continue to have Naicos as our version of Dustin Martin/Dangerfield/Neale/Cripps to carry us for the next 10 years.
Yep. That's the point of the medium term pick ups. Confident we'll have enough runners and mids by 26/27. The question mark is going to be on talls. That's the next step.

Jen, I appreciate your work on this forum, so interested to know how highly you rate Houston?

Would you prefer we go down the draft route?
I'm neither here nor there with Houston.He'll be fine. I think its too much to pay but I know you've got to overpay
I would prefer the draft. Not just any draft, but this one in particular. Just gotta hope we can sort out enough good picks we can use. Try to move up into the top 30 should be the key.

I'm neither here nor there with Houston.He'll be fine. I think its too much to pay but I know you've got to overpay
I would prefer the draft. Not just any draft, but this one in particular. Just gotta hope we can sort out enough good picks we can use. Try to move up into the top 30 should be the key.
Yeah I am massively on the Houston train. Top 10 kick in the afl imo and I think draft picks can be a lottery.

However, I thank you for your response and also your work on here, living in Sydney myself.

He's just a bloody good player.
His kicking is awesome. Finally have someone who will snag those goals from outside 50 when a player with a lesser leg marks it, unlike Maynard or IQ who always seem to spray them

He's just a bloody good player.
Perryman and Houston are going to be amazing pick ups for us. That's a very potent defensive and attacking backline. I'm finding it hard to believe we're going to have these players with such a crap draft hand. Thank goodness for Noble and Richards

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back