List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

They want him to stay.. They don't have to trade him.
Saying it again still doesn’t make it make sense! It’s GC that needs to step up if they want to land Noble, pick up two future 1sts and dump some salaries. Port were well within their right to block the trade and I’d be raging if I were a Power supporter and they accepted that.

Yeah this is it (Ablett Lukocius has nothing to do with us and gets done irrespective, I’m sure the two sides can balance that deal themselves direct).

But I’m sure Houston will be supremely motivated next year if held against his will when a deal was pretty much done to get him where he wanted to be. Will totally commit himself 110% each week.
I guess it depends on what part of this 3 way deal they were not happy with.

We don't know if it was with us or Suns.

One thing is abundantly clear, dimma has quite possibly been given power to have a big say in list management decisions. Which could ultimately be their undoing.

I guess it depends on what part of this 3 way deal they were not happy with.

We don't know if it was with us or Suns.
I don’t think it matters. The only thing that will matter to Houston and his camp is exactly how complete they believed the deal to be before the rug was pulled.

Hi it’s me the cocky GC supporter who posts here sometimes even though his team makes the dumbest trades.

You’re not gonna like this. It’s up to Collingwood to pay more for Houston, not us.

We can do:
13 for Norths F1
Luko for Port’s F1
29 for Noble (take it or leave it I guess)
6 for Rioli
23 + F2 for another teams F1

The only reason we aren’t doing that is A) Cameron is an idiot and B) you want Houston but don’t have the draft capital yourselves.

We might still bend over again because let’s face it it’s us, but really, you need to go find more trade capital (ie. Trade another player to Port or for a draft pick). If it was any team other than us involved that’s what you’d have to do.
You're a weird little hobbit.

Why are you guys paying a king's ransom for Rioli? He's not worth Pick 6 on its own, let alone Pick 6 plus Pick 23 or 29. I reckon its that deal that has made Port baulk, because Houston is a far better player than Rioli and your overpayment for the latter makes them think that they're getting dudded on Houston.
100% that’s even more idiotic. We are screwing everything up by making these insane deals.

Sure we don’t need the picks in this draft, but we need to use asset management and not just give shit away.

Although again not what you wanna hear, but unless you trade other players, only North have the assets to fairly land Houston. Anything else will either screw Port over or us.

The smart thing to do tomorrow morning would be

Noble + F1

For

13 and 29.

Then field offers for 13 and get the absolute best return possible.

Whether it’s Sydney’s 19 and 22
Or norths future first.

Remember, port want something we have so we could potentially offer them 19 29 and Richard’s, Or do something with norths future first.

Last edited:
Hi it’s me the cocky GC supporter who posts here sometimes even though his team makes the dumbest trades.

You’re not gonna like this. It’s up to Collingwood to pay more for Houston, not us.

We can do:
13 for Norths F1
Luko for Port’s F1
29 for Noble (take it or leave it I guess)
6 for Rioli
23 + F2 for another teams F1

The only reason we aren’t doing that is A) Cameron is an idiot and B) you want Houston but don’t have the draft capital yourselves.

We might still bend over again because let’s face it it’s us, but really, you need to go find more trade capital (ie. Trade another player to Port or for a draft pick). If it was any team other than us involved that’s what you’d have to do.
You're salary dumping Luko and Atkens..

GC need to give more in the deal buddy.

Let him go.
Port are wasting everyone’s time
Take the picks we get from the suns deal and hit the draft
It’s not worth it really anymore

Yeah it is

Fly needs to text Dimma and tell him to stop piss farting around

100% that’s even more idiotic. We are screwing everything up by making these insane deals.

Sure we don’t need the picks in this draft, but we need to use asset management and not just give shit away.

Although again not what you wanna hear, but unless you trade other players, only North have the assets to fairly land Houston. Anything else will either screw Port over or us.
The assets are a moot point if Houston’s own preference is to remain at Port over playing for North.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't believe GC actually have supporters

I went for a walk past AFL House just now, and although you can’t see it in this photo in one of the offices you could see Sam Edmund rocking back and forth in a chair crying so I think everything is going to be okay.

IMG_6092.jpeg

He doesn’t want to go to north, how many times does it need to be said. You are salary dumping two players

Why are you guys paying a king's ransom for Rioli? He's not worth Pick 6 on its own, let alone Pick 6 plus Pick 23 or 29. I reckon its that deal that has made Port baulk, because Houston is a far better player than Rioli and your overpayment for the latter makes them think that they're getting dudded on Houston.

Does it really surprise you that GC are a joke of a footy club? They over pay for players eg. Rioli, give big contracts to spuds eg. Lukosius and get bent over by clubs way too easily, eg. Richmond .....

Mitch Cleary on tonight's Tradies podcast ep (obviously recorded before news broke that Port won't be proceeding):

"Word from Port Adelaide tonight is that this still has a little bit of work to do."

So to me it doesn't actually sound like it's far off.
Its all planned just to delay it to deadline day lol

The smart thing to do tomorrow morning would be

Noble + F1

For

13 and 29.

Then field offers for 13 and get the absolute best return possible.

Whether it’s Sydney’s 19 and 22
Or norths future first.

Remember, port have something we have so we could potentially offer them 19 29 and Richard’s, Or do something with norths future first.
That’s exactly right, only issue is that Gold Coast are also doing this because they want to trade Jack to Port…so in theory if they aren’t contingent on one another then it’s the best approach.

Really not a fan of over paying or underselling because we are ‘in the window’ it seldom works out for us.

You're salary dumping Luko and Atkens..

GC need to give more in the deal buddy.
Atkins is on 400k for 1 more year, that’s not a salary dump, I genuinely think Port thought they want some depth in the HB flank role. We’re happy to just let him see out his contract in the VFL

Likewise Port has signed Luko to a 6 year $6 Million contract. Even though they are taking $1mil a year off our books, they are paying him the same afterwards. That’s worth an F1

Huh?

Nothing screws you over

Even the rejected deal was ridiculously good for Gold Coast

Even if we ignore the insanity going on with the Rioli deal, Port downgrading their future 1st to a 2nd would still make it a great deal for you

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Collingwood Trade and FA

Remove this Banner Ad

Back