Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I don't reckon we'll walk away from Barrass, it'll end up a future 1st and a future 2nd with something else coming back. Nothing surer.

That said, if West Coast don't flinch come the end of trade period I don't think there's any issue to be had with the Hawks role in it. We didn't entice him to leave when he was otherwise going to stay, he was going to seek a trade somewhere else off the back of West Coast's dealings with him. Our involvement is circumstantial. If it wasn't us it'd be the Dogs.

The media can try to paint us as Grima Wormtongue-esque but I think it'd be pretty plain internally, and with any other players or agents, that it's almost entirely on West Coast.

Pick 3 for 12 and 14 was knocked back only a few days ago by the Eagles.

For some reason the brains trust decided that once Owies was included in the calculations (a player that they could select as a DFA) that they can green light the deal.

And they still gave up some late picks for him.

I do agree though that teams going forward will be happy to trade junk picks for players. I just can't wrap my head around the deal that the Eagles have made. Maybe it's going to look great in hindsight but it's looking like an all time stinker initially.

With that context is it a bit odd, I'll grant you. Wasn't aware of the deal they had previously said no to.

Oh the X comments, Eagles board melting

Cracking Up Lol GIF

Everyone is.

We're back to being hated - means we're winning again :p

Weagles are desperately hoping they ream us to somehow rectify their past sins. Mark is smarter than that, so I imagine we hold firm. No point paying overs just to help Weagles save face. Their own greed meant they had to split the pick 3.

Good point above though re Carlton. They have gone all in on Pick 3. Basically all their first and next years F1 & F2 have all boiled into that pick. Mess that up, and that's literal curtains for any green sprouts at that club til after Tassie comes in.

Whilst we clearly have an agreement with Barrass to try and get him to the club, at the end of the day we shouldn't overpay just to make that happen.

Barrass was the one that signed the long-term deal with WC originally. We can't force WC to just release him from that.

If west coast thinks we’re walking away they will jump at the F1 and f2

This reminds me of ‘it’s okay we got reamed on the Chad trade cause we got Scrimshaw for cheap’.

I think Barrass gets done but I wouldn’t be devastated if we walked away from it.
I think it comes down to is Barrass the key to multiple premierships or not. If he is, you just get it done.

But the prospect of next years draft with 2x 1st round, 2x second round AND being able to trade future 1sts up to 2 years. Means next years trade period we cold potentially have 4x first rounders to bring in a big fish with.

Pick 3 for 12 and 14 was knocked back only a few days ago by the Eagles.

For some reason the brains trust decided that once Owies was included in the calculations (a player that they could select as a DFA) that they can green light the deal.

And they still gave up some late picks for him.

I do agree though that teams going forward will be happy to trade junk picks for players. I just can't wrap my head around the deal that the Eagles have made. Maybe it's going to look great in hindsight but it's looking like an all time stinker initially.

It will always look bad because they could have got the same players for far less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So signing a free agent means to need to be overly generous in other dealings? Nonsense

Exactly. I really hate this line of thinking.

You don't assess performance of stocks, by just lumping them altogether. Yes, net position is important, but you need to assess each trade individually. It's irrational to blend distinct trades together, as surprise surprise, you will get shafted with that approach.

Battle is a trade win. You don't go an suddenly burn that trade advantage just to appease the idiocy of other list managers.

My read (as a certified ITK): Brisbane getting 27 to tie with their future 1st for Mitch Lewis

It is a weird one - as 27 is dangerously close to Marshall, their academy player.

Wonder what they're planning. I seriously, seriously doubt it's Lewis - they need a forward for their whole year, not just the pointy end. Would be a massive risk to roll the dice this way.

Clearly a play for something else - or maybe points for Ashcroft that will push this pick back.

Old mate needs to check his priorities. Outrageous behaviour.

On Pixel 6 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Can you imagine wrecking your marriage and alienating your friends over the draft?
It would be an Adam Sandler movie if it wasn't so sad....and then broadcasting online how ridiculous you are.
At the very least I keep my ridiculousness behind closed doors.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back