Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Papley has a horse in the 1st at Caulfield , number 2

I am a bit concerned that a Fitness Manager/Coach, who oversaw the Richmond fitness regime, has jumped ship after only a few seasons.

We have a bad habit of ignoring advice on players fitness in finals, but mainly Grand Finals. McDonald was obviously injured in the GF. Mills was fit. I just can't see the sense of ignoring both medical & fitness advice. Hi ow many times in Horse's tenure has this happened? 2014, 2916, 2022 & 2024. You can't win the Big Dance with unfit players

On CPH2471 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
I am a bit concerned that a Fitness Manager/Coach, who oversaw the Richmond fitness regime, has jumped ship after only a few seasons.

We have a bad habit of ignoring advice on players fitness in finals, but mainly Grand Finals. McDonald was obviously injured in the GF. Mills was fit. I just can't see the sense of ignoring both medical & fitness advice. Hi ow many times in Horse's tenure has this happened? 2014, 2916, 2022 & 2024. You can't win the Big Dance with unfit players

Pretty sure a fitness coach has very little to do with assessing injuries.

Sent from my SM-S928B using Tapatalk

It's quite common for people in those roles to change employers fairly regularly. We forget that for us, it's our beloved football club, but for them it's just stepping stones to further their career (and more power to them.)

There were players with injury question marks all over our grand final this year, for both teams. I was less bothered by the selection of an injured player and more bothered by the fact Horse selected McDonald in particular whilst injured, showing a complete unwillingness to budge from the three-talls, so much so that he'd rather play a tall under an injury cloud than simply adjust and restructure the forward line.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Posts That Don't Deserve a Thread (Random Opinion or Questions)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back