Preview ‪1st SF - Geelong vs Sydney, Friday 15th September, 7:50pm @ MCG ‬

Who will win

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guthrie was good last night. Martin's dominance coinciding with Guthrie's injury isn't all that coincidental.
He's had a deplorable year. Had 3 kicks till he got injured. Only played on Martin for parts of the game anyway and Martin was still good.

The best thing Scott can do is ring Clarkson and ask him how to win against Sydney. Clarkson has the best record in the league against Sydney.

It is quite easy. Just run hard and go for lots of uncontested marks.

Round 10
Marks

Hawthorn - 123
Sydney - 58

Round 19
Marks

Hawthorn - 127
Sydney - 81

I'm looking forward to the contest on Friday night, like most I've been a negative Nancy towards them after last night.

But I will ride the wave with this club I love so much.

Anything can happen in finals and I'm looking forward to being the underdog
No weight or expections on the shoulders of all the legends who get to pull on the hoops Friday night.
Just go out there and have a crack and even if we don't get the result I'll be happy

I'm going in with less than zero confidence

But I'll get my night sorted and watch every minute, and hope, and barrack and swear...
In a 2 horse race you are always some % of a chance..

Let's throw caution to the wind, take the game on...
It's kick shit or bust time..

We lose anyway, **** losing playing slow safe garbage

The safe stuff is what will win this though. Bomb away and watch their small forwards win pagans paddock stuff for a 10 goal qtr.

Hope we can win but i have no optimism about it at all.

I actually feel no optimism at all about this clash .... and if we go out and play as we have the last few times against the swans.. we will be mulch for their garden.

That's my expectation. If we lose in a competitive display then it will almost be a relief. A win is beyond my wildest dreams at this point of time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What ever gave you that idea?
At the culmination of 2017, Geelong is going to have won 2 out of its last 10 finals.

Of those 10 finals, can you remember a time when Geelong came out looking dangerous and in control? I can't. Even those two wins were just about as unconvincing as they come. That's a lot of finals games for Geelong to have never really looked like a competent finals side. I know finals are hard and often competitive, but you'd think from ten tries, there'd be evidence of them proving themselves capable of comprehensively getting the better of their opponent.

A lot to address this week, disfunctional ball movement, no targets up forward and not making any use of Smiths hitouts were huge issues last night.

Taylor needs to play in defence, he offered nothing.

We absorbed pressure well last night, that will be a necessity again, but there needs to be some functional attack to back it up.

I've backed in Scott and the club repeatedly over the last few years, but from here if we fail to win another final and at least compete in the prelim then there has to be changes over the summer. Scott will see out his current contract, the club can't be expected to swallow that kind of loss, but there needs to be some new brains added to that coaches box, that is non-negotiable at this point.
Our biggest problem in the last game was that we were out numbered at the contest all too often. This needs to change.

As for the coaches box, we need to instruct our forwards to hold their positions and not push up as high. When we won the ball last night we often had no one forward of the ball to kick to.

As for next year I think that Brett Kirk would be a great addition to our coaching group.

Our biggest problem in the last game was that we were out numbered at the contest all too often. This needs to change.

As for the coaches box, we need to instruct our forwards to hold their positions and not push up as high. When we won the ball last night we often had no one forward of the ball to kick to.

As for next year I think that Brett Kirk would be a great addition to our coaching group.
A development coach might be handy.

And a strategist.

Ok, the optimist point of view.

We significantly outplayed the Swans for much of our last clash but couldn't get the score on the board (sound familiar?).

Our midfield out pointed theirs that night - albeit with two big outs in Dangerfield and Kennedy.

If we can avoid them getting a 3-6 goal head start it may be an arm wrestle.

Lonergan will do the job on Buddy, Callum Sinclair and Sam Reid won't be kicking a bag on us and Papley was injured today.

A win on Friday night would go some way to salvaging last night's train wreck.

At the culmination of 2017, Geelong is going to have won 2 out of its last 10 finals.

Of those 10 finals, can you remember a time when Geelong came out looking dangerous and in control? I can't. Even those two wins were just about as unconvincing as they come. That's a lot of finals games for Geelong to have never really looked like a competent finals side. I know finals are hard and often competitive, but you'd think from ten tries, there'd be evidence of them proving themselves capable of comprehensively getting the better of their opponent.
It's called sarcasm but good post nonetheless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back