Universal Love 🏆 GF = PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP #16 🏆🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

Quite apart from the benefit to the CFC of this move is there an explanation of why someone would move from Sth Melbourne to Preston? - were they bored with the Sth Melb market and looking for the high quality cevapcicis to be had at the Preston market?
The cevapcici's at Preston Market were elite when I was last there.

Im not sure about our greatest ever win, to me the drought breaker in 90 was just an out of world experience but i have no doubt as a season this has been the greatest ever ride for a Collingwood supporter to be on. From this time last year when we aggressively traded guys in, through to the Round 1 win, the comebacks, the hold on's, the close ones...has to be the greatest season in any living memory.
It's amazing what thoughts swirl through your head in the stress of watching a GF, the moment Cameron put the Lions back in front i honestly thought if we blow this i think i'm done, just couldnt go through this again. Within 68 odd seconds the universe had righted itself and it became amongst the best days we have ever experienced.
Would you say the best 2 years, 2022 & 2023, or would it be 2010 & 2011,

The whole Eddie coaching succession debacle ruined the 2010-2011 years. And we suffered for years afterwards.

2022-2023 has been much more enjoyable & successful on so many levels. And hopefully for more years to come.

The last 2 years have been unmatched for memorable wins and moments including a premiership in a GF rated one of the greatest in history. And the culture at the club now is the envy of the comp. 3 years is a long time in footy..

2022 & 2023 does not involve a losing GF. Hands down the best !
They were almost the reverse of the 2010/11 era.
Won the flag in 2010 and (I personally) expected to win most games in 2011.
2023 was like 2011 for me, culminating in a Flag 😀

The last 2 years have been unmatched for memorable wins and moments including a premiership in a GF rated one of the greatest in history. And the culture at the club now is the envy of the comp. 3 years is a long time in footy..
I agree,the last two years have been astonishing,The most memorable and enjoyable time that I can remember as a Collingwood supporter.

One thing the media and others haven’t picked up on much is how quickly we have turned our fortunes around as a club.Jusr two years ago we nearly won the wooden spoon,just one win above bottom place.And yet here we are just two years later sitting as the reigning premiers.What an amazing turnaround.When was the last time any club did something like that?I honestly can’t remember.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It will go down in Grand Final folklore. The Daicos Handpass! I'm not at all sure where the original of this came from. I came across it on X and asked a few questions, but never got anywhere. Anyway, it's too good not to share. if anybody knows about its provenance, please let me know.View attachment 1870307
so good

imagine getting this on canvas with Nick and Jordys signature.

Even then you could tell Peters character, strength and kindness to let that s**t fly.
Indeed. Pretty incredible of him tbh, especially given how much he absolutely abhors Carlton.

I agree,the last two years have been astonishing,The most memorable and enjoyable time that I can remember as a Collingwood supporter.

One thing the media and others haven’t picked up on much is how quickly we have turned our fortunes around as a club.Jusr two years ago we nearly won the wooden spoon,just one win above bottom place.And yet here we are just two years later sitting as the reigning premiers.What an amazing turnaround.When was the last time any club did something like that?I honestly can’t remember.
We had a similar transformation in 1977. Spooners for the first time in our history in 76, Runners Up in the 77 GF replay. Having lived through both eras and believe me, the current one ROCKS!

We had a similar transformation in 1977. Spooners for the first time in our history in 76, Runners Up in the 77 GF replay. Having lived through both eras and believe me, the current one ROCKS!
Agree, I was at the '77 drawn GF with my dad and brother - we were right in-line with Twiggy's kick. Think all those GF losses (and the draws) are making this current ride all the sweeter. Only sad thing is that 2023 was the first winning final that I didn't spend with my Dad who passed away some years back now. Good thing is that I've spent the past two winning finals with my girls - I guess the baton has passed on and the tradition continues: Go PIES

I have enjoyed the past 2 season as 25 odd game blocks enormously. The excitement, the messaging of the Clubs leaders and optimism generated coming from a dour 20/21 was beyond any reasonable expectation. 22/23 for me by the length of a Steele S drop punt.

Last edited:
No idea. But the club is a incomparably more united place now
And you can definitely see it from the players
I can see the players love Mcrae. I don't think Mcrae will allow them to get comfortable. These players are hungry and also they love the culture etc
I can see the players love Mcrae. I don't think Mcrae will allow them to get comfortable. These players are hungry and also they love the culture etc.
McRae will keep the players grounded, and hungry,
He can’t control anything outside the club

Remove this Banner Ad

Universal Love 🏆 GF = PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP #16 🏆🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

Back