Certified Legendary Thread 🏆 GF = PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP #16 🏆🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

Our midfield chopped them up. Watching Lachie Neale chasing lazily multiple times wow.

In today's Herald Sun:

F7eE1YnbAAAqWzn

Need to get the auditors to review the scores for the 1930 win - first I've noticed that we won 3 in a row against the Tigers ('27, '28, and '29) - thanks for posting PonsfordMagpie
Yes, I noticed the error as well.

Still a nice summary of all 16 premierships :D

People debating the Bailey goal and whether it should've been a 50 for him being too close.
What isn't debatable is Fletcher picking up the ball and then dropping it once he realises it's not their free.

The Bailey one shouldn’t even be a debate. Quaynor peeled off and Bailey didn’t follow him, he stayed inside the restricted zone and should have been penalised for it.

Where did this come from ?

77k average fans at games ? I don't think so...

That's some fabricated numbers right there.

That’s home and away attendances. I believe the number posted is for all 2023 games including finals. But I could be wrong too. I haven’t actually done the maths.

That’s home and away attendances. I believe the number posted is for all 2023 games including finals. But I could be wrong too. I haven’t actually done the maths.
Nah, 77k is far too high on average for pies. No idea where they have selectively pulled that metric.

Home attendances including finals only net us 70k average which I assume is what they are trying to compare with Dortmund listed as 80k as that's the only stadium in Germany which can hold that many.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Even with the finals I still get around 65k average attendance for the year

I think what it is, H&A avg of 61k and avg in finals of 96k added together / by 2 and get around 78k avg which is not how it’s done.

That said, Pies are a suburban football club with another 10 odd clubs within radius, whilst BD in Germany is a city on its own !

Crap, I miss footy !

How long until we see the Dayne beams limited edition* premiership finger painting

*limited to anyone who’ll pay

Where did this come from ?

77k average fans at games ? I don't think so...

That's some fabricated numbers right there.

Even with the finals I still get around 65k average attendance for the year

I think what it is, H&A avg of 61k and avg in finals of 96k added together / by 2 and get around 78k avg which is not how it’s done.

That said, Pies are a suburban football club with another 10 odd clubs within radius, whilst BD in Germany is a city on its own !

Crap, I miss footy !

It's average home games in terms of home GROUND attendance, just not the podunk bush league AFL definition of a 'home' game. And yes it includes finals. But it's accurate.

Remember we played a 'home' game in Adelaide and two home games at Marvel.

There is nothing really intellectually dishonest about including only home games at the home ground, and including finals, because they are only comparing it to international average home ground attendances in the first place, with none of their own caveats.

It would be far more intellectually dishonest to include a game played in a different city in a smaller stadium as a legitimate 'home' game, when such a clearly misleading scenario wouldn't be included in the comparative sample either.

Of course Collingwood is often playing teams that share the same ground. It can't really draw as consistently as highly on its own as some of these global mega teams. But of course for this same reason these teams often have an entire city, or only have one or two major rivals, to draw from. So a direct comparison will always be misleading.

The fact is, when Collingwood played home games at the MCG, on average we pulled nearly 80,000. And we also played 3 games of 80,000+ when we were the away team. That's pretty damn impressive, even by top tier global standards.

He just needed to look around at the ump for direction and there would have been no issue. He was doing his own thing and moved back about 5m and was still going and paid no regard to the umpire. The umps set the marks not the players.

It shouldnt have been paid 50; but what I'm saying is Oleg gave the ump a reason to pay it... and he did.

Na, it was a genuine look at me moment for the umpire who decided he was bigger than the game. Nothing more, nothing less.

Remove this Banner Ad

Certified Legendary Thread 🏆 GF = PIES WIN PREMIERSHIP #16 🏆🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

Back