šŸ˜² Umpire appointments & discussion - Rounds 0, 1,2 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Grimes push was a flop, period. The dude collapsed his legs on the spot. The only reason Iā€™m disappointed with grimes is OGorman was frothing at the mouth to give some like that against us, and he should have been aware ā€¦..or should he.
Broads situation will be played out with other teams during the year, and one will be paid out of every 20. We were unluckyā€¦.or were we.
We are umpired differently and I donā€™t know how the hell we got here or how we get out of it.

imagine how our players feel

to know we have to play a whole season again against the men in phlegm reaming us every single week must be really annoying

they could definitely sue the league and the umpires for workplace abuse and loss of earnings for multiple seasons

imagine how our players feel

to know we have to play a whole season again against the men in phlegm reaming us every single week must be really annoying

they could definitely sue the league and the umpires for workplace abuse and loss of earnings for multiple seasons
Be very interesting...the graphs/figures/years of blatant umpiring bias would be hard to prove!
O.H + S...investigation of RFC work place safety would be difficult...is the footy field a workplace or a sport?!?
A court case by the RFC agin the The AFL Old Boys Club for discrimination...harder to prove...
But I would be up for it!

Be very interesting...the graphs/figures/years of blatant umpiring bias would be hard to prove!
O.H + S...investigation of RFC work place safety would be difficult...is the footy field a workplace or a sport?!?
A court case by the RFC agin the The AFL Old Boys Club for discrimination...harder to prove...
But I would be up for it!
weve got footage of every ream

I find it ridiculous that Bolton gets no frees particularly in our fwd 50. Twice he was held without the ball. Maybe he over exaggerates being held but **** me it happens every game. They pin him so quickly the other way for holding the ball. I can understand his frustration and why he's constantly giving the umps a spray.

This is going to be a bit of a rant.

I agree that we get a hard run from the umpires, but Iā€™m officially sick of blaming them. Itā€™s time our players copped heat for the stupid things they do.

We all know that what Broad did is against the rules. He was under no pressure to cross the line and he did. The lack of pressure was evident to even me sitting at home, so what about the ump standing there? He did that fully relying on the umps not calling him out for it, and they didnā€™t look past it. Grimesā€™ contact with the Gold Coast player was even worse. Those two decisions killed our comeback.

We do stupid crap like this all the time. Yes, we seem to get held to the rules unlike some sides, but youā€™d have expected the players to take better care by now. But nope, they still nonchalantly break the rules and get shocked when the umps call them out for it. The worst part is that they barely even attempt to hide their infringements from the umps, which is probably why they get pinged more than other teams. Players from other sides at least try to obscure it from the umps.

This is the 8th season of this crap and I am sick of it. Bloody play to the rules or at least try to hide you breaking them. Donā€™t display it for all to see and then whinge to the ump.

The players simply need to learn the rules and abide by it more. Rant over.
The umpires couldn't pay that one fast enough, yet in Rd. 7 vs the suns last year when Will Powell rushed it through with no one within 30 meters of him it was perfectly fine. The commentators all justified it by saying he was within the 9m zone so it was ok, only one who had issue with it was Luke Darcy and it was never brought up again after that, despite it being blatant f**kery. Had it happened against anyone other than us it would have been paid. Happens with around 10:30 left in the 3rd quarter for anyone interested 2023 AFL Match Replays

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The umpires couldn't pay that one fast enough, yet in Rd. 7 vs the suns last year when Will Powell rushed it through with no one within 30 meters of him it was perfectly fine. The commentators all justified it by saying he was within the 9m zone so it was ok, only one who had issue with it was Luke Darcy and it was never brought up again after that, despite it being blatant f**kery. Had it happened against anyone other than us it would have been paid. Happens with around 10:30 left in the 3rd quarter for anyone interested 2023 AFL Match Replays
I agree with that. I also think that we get held to stricter standards than other teams. However, I think it's time our players cop some heat.

If we as supporters recognise that Richmond players get marked harshly, then surely they're aware of that too. So why don't they try harder to play within the rules? That's why I think they're part of our umpiring problem too. Had they stayed within the rules more often, then they would have stopped the umpires from doing what they're doing now. But they don't, and that is an active choice they are making. It is costing us momentum and even whole games in some cases. It has to stop.

I know I said I was thinking of doing an umpire free kick count the other day but I just don't feel like it for 2 reasons alone.

1. I really can't rewatch that shit game yesterday where we managed to kicked 1 goal in the first half.

2. It's not just frees against but frees for that we should get that we never get.

Absolute abomination

Didn't want to buy into the umpires talk another year but wow... clearly umpires have a perception about our players... and how the hell was Broad not under pressure Suns player inside the square a free kick?
it's a very grey area but what broad done was probably legit (just) but he was a smart Alec about it, so the umpire decided to trump broads play and decided it's me me me me me me time.
razor Ray Chamberlain would have been watching at home and jumped out of his chair and applauded.

it's been a long long time since a Hardwick coached team has won the umpiring free kick count......and surprise surprise it just so happened to be against the Tigers
interested to see when the actual last time he won it was

For those umpire conspiracy theorists, tomorrow nights umpires

2. Nick Foot3. Leigh Fisher6. Daniel Johanson23. Robert Findlay
Do we like any of these guys or not - I literally have no idea.

Or we just don't like any of them - :p

The problem is we get umpired to the letter of the law, which no other club does. On the other side, teams have a free rein to do what they want against us. Itā€™s never consistent and it is making the game unenjoyable.
That passage of play when Maynard started wrestling Greene, commentators saying how smart it was that he knew he gave away a free but went on with it to waste time. I knew straight away if that was Vlastuin or Grimes it would have been 50 as well. Then you would get the carry on from the commentators saying well he (Grimes or Vlastuin) knew what he was doing so he should be penalised blah blah.

It's also we don't get half the frees that other sides get. So many play ons, it actually drives me crazy. I watched the Collingwood game the other day and they get so many soft frees, technically some are there but we never get them.

The problem is if we complained we get excused of being sooks, I don't have problem with Broad's being called deliberate as long as they pay it all year & be consistent.
Wonā€™t be paid again

šŸ˜² Umpire appointments & discussion - Rounds 0, 1,2 and beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Back