AFL Player #10: Sam Weideman

Remove this Banner Ad

Jump over Lemmey
Tim Watson style. Bit disappointed the club has not had Tim down to teach the players the correct way to avoid being wrongly suspended .

Hard to believe we've had 2 of the fairest (and many would say amongst the softest) players in the league suspended for 7 weeks for incidents where there was no malice, no intent to hurt, they just made the "mistake" of making a reflex action to protect themselves at the last fraction of a second.

I guess the silver lining is Weideman could've done nothing at all and had his leg broken or knee ruined which would be longer on the sidelines.

Hard to believe we've had 2 of the fairest (and many would say amongst the softest) players in the league suspended for 7 weeks for incidents where there was no malice, no intent to hurt, they just made the "mistake" of making a reflex action to protect themselves at the last fraction of a second.

I guess the silver lining is Weideman could've done nothing at all and had his leg broken or knee ruined which would be longer on the sidelines.

Is it quite funny that the two players we'd pretty much universally argue are incredibly non-physical for their size, are the two suspended for being 'too rough'

Is it quite funny that the two players we'd pretty much universally argue are incredibly non-physical for their size, are the two suspended for being 'too rough'
Alanis Morissette Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually playing quite well down back in the VFL. With Ridley hurt and Lav reverting back to a spud, I'd be interested to see if he has a shot at the firsts.

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #10: Sam Weideman

Remove this Banner Ad

Back