Player Watch #11: Luke "Two Dogs" McDonald - Roo til end '26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
#21 looks a bit of a graveyard number. Only CJ and John Byrne appear to have achieved anything in it.

Tony Furey was one of those "coulda been anything but for injuries" guys and John Perry is much revered for kicking the winning goal in 1972 against South for our only win for the year. At least we won the close one that year!

Honestly thought he was pretty poor except for one or two things. Overall was not great though.

He's young and had a heap of pressure on him. He'll bounce back.

Having a 1st gamer on Chappy and Goddard deep in defence is extremely shit coaching. Luke won't be happy with tonight's performance but he got one hell of a good lesson on what good players can do. Let's hope he sucks it up and comes out ready to fire against the dogs.

I think Luke was solid. I find it hard to rate any performances of any players when no one was running into space to receive, no one was capable of winning a contests, no one was working harder than their opponent.

Absolute disgrace from whoever's job it is to make sure a damn first gamer does NOT get stuck one out in the defensive 50 against either f***ing Goddard or Chappy who lets be honest are both superb experienced footballers. Really really shit me to see that. Are we f***ing trying to ruin the kids confidence??? As a first gamer he is given the easiest tasks and least amount of responsibility NOT this shit. Makes me mad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baptism of fire. Did some things in his first game that some players will never do, dispossessing Chapman comes to mind (though this was after Chappy slaughtered him in the 1st). Give him a run on the wing next week.

Should never line up in the BP again. What the **** was McMahon in the side for then ?!

They moved him further up the ground in the last when the game was over, shock horror, he instantly got it 4-5 times. About the same amount of times BMAC got it in around 90 minutes in the same position.

He dominated for Oakleigh out of the center square, he was BOG for Werribee in the finals...............in the midfield

Honestly thought he was pretty poor except for one or two things. Overall was not great though.

He's young and had a heap of pressure on him. He'll bounce back.

I have for a while thought he would have to weather a bit of a storm before finding his feet.

He'll be fine.

At times he showed poise, courage, flair and an inability to match it deep in the fwd line against 2 superstars of the game.

Luke acquitted himself well. Yeh there was the opening howler but Mr Endurance who is good enough to be a certified leader did the same thing at a much more crucial point in the match.

Not sure how it translated on tellie but Luke ran pretty hard to contests. He was constantly cramping up and you'd have thought he's the senior player he was yelling at other players and directing traffic.

Not a bad effort for a first gamer especially in a comprehensively shit side.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back