AFL Player #12: Will Setterfield

Remove this Banner Ad

His Stats will mean nothing to those who don’t know, but he kept Oliver, the main mid driver of Melb, to nothing for 3/4, helped win us the game!! Oliver had 20 touches in the last quarter when it was all over!
And at least 10 of those touches where handball's under real pressure.
Will takes the pressure of Parish needing to do too much physical defending and allows him to use his inside ball winning.

His Stats will mean nothing to those who don’t know, but he kept Oliver, the main mid driver of Melb, to nothing for 3/4, helped win us the game!! Oliver had 20 touches in the last quarter when it was all over!
I did not even realise he had 20 in the last quarter. that's insane. All for nothing, goes to show how good a job Will did for 3/4

Oliver had something like 12 disposals to half time. Setters just kept preventing!
If he can take Pendlebury out of the game next week we'll be in good shape if the rucks take advantage of their lack of rucks and Caldwell takes N Daicos out of the game.

I just can’t believe we are getting the best out of a player after two other clubs didnt.

Surely this is about the time Essington plays him in a forward pocket or at CHB then delists him?

I just don’t know what is happening.
It’s like we identified a need AND identified the player to fill it…..WTF!

He was the absolute picture of self discipline today. There was one moment I thought he was going to infringe by falling on Oliver and give a free kick away but he ended up getting the free instead for tackling him. He was close checking Oliver but not over zealous. Looks like a genuine cool hand Luke.

I just can’t believe we are getting the best out of a player after two other clubs didnt.

Surely this is about the time Essington plays him in a forward pocket or at CHB then delists him?

I just don’t know what is happening.
He's getting the run Mitch Hibberd should've got.

He's a better player than Hibberd was, obviously. But they haven't tried to screw around with his role like they did with Mitch.

On SM-G920I using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'Never lost that inner belief': New Bomber flying after fresh start - 'Never lost that inner belief': New Bomber flying after fresh start

Nice little read

Interesting that he credits Gia as "the mids coach". I thought he was still the defence coach? Essendon website says defence as well.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk
Cara has defence now, Gia mids, Tapping forwards. The club website is a mess; the sticky in the assistant coach thread has links to a few articles when we were trying to figure out who was who.

Seen them running drills that way in the warm ups before games too, so it’s definitely the website that’s wrong rather than Setterfield not knowing who his coach is

Would be nice to draft an apprentice for him. Although didn't realise how young he still is (only just recently turned 25). We don't really have anyone else like him on our list. Does anyone who follows the local leagues have any idea if there's any bigger mids to potentially draft in the MSD?

Would be nice to draft an apprentice for him. Although didn't realise how young he still is (only just recently turned 25). We don't really have anyone else like him on our list. Does anyone who follows the local leagues have any idea if there's any bigger mids to potentially draft in the MSD?
bigger mids are a dime a dozen, we’d easily pick up a couple with the pick we get from offloading Parish

Understand Durham was out. But for this guy to get 0 centre bounce attendances and be moved to a wing when he was one of our most important factors in the middle across the first month and a half, is uh, not good.
Yeah that was bad. He's way too slow to be a winger, no wonder Carlton offloaded him when they were playing him there. Was screaming for him to go down back instead of Langford but eh

Understand Durham was out. But for this guy to get 0 centre bounce attendances and be moved to a wing when he was one of our most important factors in the middle across the first month and a half, is uh, not good.
That said, we had their measure in the centre to win the first quarter. I actually thought we'd leave him there and put Langford on the wing with licence to roam forward whenever 🤷‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

AFL Player #12: Will Setterfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Back