Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, I've removed about three pages of posts.

Please do not use this thread to speculate about Oliver's private life – medical or otherwise.

Regardless of the veracity of your rumour, or what you know/have heard, if it's not public knowledge, just don't post it.

I don't want to turn this place into Demonland, but if you can't see the potential harm that this sort of rumour-spreading can cause (regardless of your intentions), then perhaps it's best if you take a bit of a break.

Thanks.

That butters guy can get ****ed too tho, you beat us by two points and you're gloating about it? Weak prick, can't wait til he shits himself in a final again.
Dont think he was gloating, just pointing out that he kicked a goal directly off his turnover and coz he couldn't run him down. Id have done the same. You got to let people know shit like that.

Dont think he was gloating, just pointing out that he kicked a goal directly off his turnover and coz he couldn't run him down. Id have done the same. You got to let people know shit like that.
Old Oliver might have done something about it, the new one couldn't have given less of a stuff.

I don't think I've ever seen a drop off like this. Only one I can think off is Nathan Brown and he broke his leg. Oliver just straight up stopped giving a shit. he was 10x the player in his first year than he is now.
This. His fitness was even worse in his first year but he was a competitive beast. It's not even like it's just poor form, his effort level is embarrassing. Would have been dropped at a serious club ages ago.

This. His fitness was even worse in his first year but he was a competitive beast. It's not even like it's just poor form, his effort level is embarrassing. Would have been dropped at a serious club ages ago.
Yep I've seen highlights of his debut game against GWS and I can't believe that's the same player.

Love it how we tried to orchestrate Oliver to play in the backline so McVee could get a run in the guts.

Most coaches would’ve just kept AMW in the team and dropped Oliver.

Club is really bending over for him.

The news I just saw (sorry don't have a link I can get to at work) is the Oliver is done for the year with a number of injuries.

For me, the big question is how long has he been playing with those injuries because it would go a long way to explain why he has been so average. They should have put him under the knife earlier and build towards 2025 using this year as a development year.

Should do the same with Gawn if he needs treatment as well.

The news I just saw (sorry don't have a link I can get to at work) is the Oliver is done for the year with a number of injuries.

For me, the big question is how long has he been playing with those injuries because it would go a long way to explain why he has been so average. They should have put him under the knife earlier and build towards 2025 using this year as a development year.

Hes been playing with his obesity since the pre season

Goodwin essentially said he's had a broken hand and a pcl for some time then woke up with cracked ribs and the club finally decided to pull the pin.

Goodwin essentially said he's had a broken hand and a pcl for some time then woke up with cracked ribs and the club finally decided to pull the pin.
A bit disappointed then. That is X games they could have tried McVee, AMV, Brown etc in the midfield and other moves.

I only say that because so many of his disposals have been blind kicks and he was not adding value to the team which I think most people on here are very aware of.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A bit disappointed then. That is X games they could have tried McVee, AMV, Brown etc in the midfield and other moves.

I only say that because so many of his disposals have been blind kicks and he was not adding value to the team which I think most people on here are very aware of.
He should have done a proper preseason before being rushed back. He should have had surgery on his hand when he initially injured it, he should have been rested when he did his PCL (whenever that was), he should have been dropped when his form fell off a cliff and he looked like he didn't want to be on the field.

Max Gawn basically said they were playing him because it's healthier for him to be involved week to week for his mental health rather than him having free time after a surgery.

That's pathetic

Max Gawn basically said they were playing him because it's healthier for him to be involved week to week for his mental health rather than him having free time after a surgery.

That's pathetic
In other words he can't be trusted, still.

In other words he can't be trusted, still.
Wish I could find the audio think it was on the MMM brekky program but it was basically an admission he needs to play to keep himself busy. **** the team right? As long as fattys not bending wipers somewhere

That's pathetic
It's like reverse solitary confinement - 23 hours a day with other people around him.

Could've had him in the rehab group with BBB for the year! Sweet Ben would set him on the straight and narrow

Jay Clark just said that he think there is still a big watch on Oliver this off season regardless what Goodwin said in his presser.

Reckon Geelong will come and dangle the carrot potentially.
Geelong will definitely have the cap room for him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back