Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

OK, I've removed about three pages of posts.

Please do not use this thread to speculate about Oliver's private life – medical or otherwise.

Regardless of the veracity of your rumour, or what you know/have heard, if it's not public knowledge, just don't post it.

I don't want to turn this place into Demonland, but if you can't see the potential harm that this sort of rumour-spreading can cause (regardless of your intentions), then perhaps it's best if you take a bit of a break.

Thanks.

Honestly this could be a superb offseason out of nowhere:

• Keep picks because no-one wants to come to us
  • Move Oliver out
  • Keep Trac

Only negative is ANB leaving - I'm ambivalent about Viney, I love him and what he has done for us but I don't want us being silly with an extension to keep him.

ANB was pick 40 wasn’t he?

To turn him into a pick in the 20s in a deep draft after 10 years service isn’t the worst turn around.

Jay Clark just said that he think there is still a big watch on Oliver this off season regardless what Goodwin said in his presser.

Reckon Geelong will come and dangle the carrot potentially.

Stengle and Clarry in the same team would be interesting for the Geelong social scene.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

don’t worry Daemon. Tk and powers gave up with you. You guys need to start a new site. How to be a shit supporter and hate your club. We can do a go fund me page. We’ll all chip in
So you thought I'll just log on to have a cry today?
Bold strategy cotton

Patrick Cripps is having a better year this year than Oliver's ever had, Carlton might still miss finals. To think Oliver brings us into contention is admitting you know stuff all.

don’t worry Daemon. Tk and powers gave up with you. You guys need to start a new site. How to be a shit supporter and hate your club. We can do a go fund me page. We’ll all chip in
Oh bugger off. I don't even think I've called for him to be traded. I'm just calling a spade a spade and to my eye his effort this year is piss poor.

Take off your rose tinted goggles and try and be objective.

What are people expecting from a trade for this guy if it did eventuate this offseason? Gotta weigh up his contract and harm he's causing on culture vs the potential of him getting back to his best. Will he get back to his best? Obviously a huge offseason getting fit will help. There seems to be those strongly on the side of trading him and those strongly on the side of keeping him.

I'm kinda on the fence. I see the midfield perform well without him and realise his output so far hasn't matched his contract. If we can squeeze a top end pick to go along with losing the majority of his contract, I think it's worth considering with Riv, McVee, Viney, Koz, Yholstrup, Windsor and maybe a decent trade coming into the midfield(and hopefully a fit Trac roaming in and out), I think we might be better off. There's also the feeling of what if he never gets to an elite level again.

What are people expecting from a trade for this guy if it did eventuate this offseason? Gotta weigh up his contract and harm he's causing on culture vs the potential of him getting back to his best. Will he get back to his best? Obviously a huge offseason getting fit will help. There seems to be those strongly on the side of trading him and those strongly on the side of keeping him.

Not much as the perception is that he is a flight risk. With the right attitude and a full pre season that he can dominate again next year. But putting in the work is up to him.

I'm kinda on the fence. I see the midfield perform well without him and realise his output so far hasn't matched his contract. If we can squeeze a top end pick to go along with losing the majority of his contract, I think it's worth considering with Riv, McVee, Viney, Koz, Yholstrup, Windsor and maybe a decent trade coming into the midfield(and hopefully a fit Trac roaming in and out), I think we might be better off. There's also the feeling of what if he never gets to an elite level again.
i'd trade him for anyones first for this year or the next. it's an awful contract, so i'd just get rid of it. we'll be fine without him.

i'd trade him for anyones first for this year or the next. it's an awful contract, so i'd just get rid of it. we'll be fine without him.

Agree, a single first would do it for me to.

We have better balance when he is out of the team as we saw in 2023 and even against GC last weekend. Feels like we try to shoehorn into the side when he plays.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch #13 Clayton Oliver – UNPRECEDENTED 4x B&F, 3x AA, 2x AFLCA Winner and Premiership Player (formerly)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back